Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    NO WHERE in the instructions does it say you have to click on/in the white circle. the vote button *only* appears when you do. argh and angry sigh...

but thank you, because your little hint helped me mess around and find the crapping, lousy, stupid vote button. so thanks.

sally
    Sorry Sally,

I should have told you to make your choices first in order for the vote button to appear. I had the same problem when I first voted. I couldn't find the blasted vote button either. To top it off, I clicked the vote button by mistake and voted for only two categories. Good thing, you can vote as many times. Really good way to tell how popular an episode is

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
      Sorry Sally,

I should have told you to make your choices first in order for the vote button to appear. I had the same problem when I first voted. I couldn't find the blasted vote button either. To top it off, I clicked the vote button by mistake and voted for only two categories. Good thing, you can vote as many times. Really good way to tell how popular an episode is
      well, the instructions on the site don't say to click the circle. WHY!?

but the voting's done, so there.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        we are who we are. and i think amanda is the kind of person that can accept folks for who and how they are.

her daily life and job is grounded in artifice and fakiness...she doesn't need it here.

we can enjoy and rejoice in our uniqueness as people...and that's how it's gonna be...or da noodle of doom will come out in a BIG way
        I agree. I think it would be an insult to her to pretend to be what we're not. I think she likes her crazy fans just the way we are.

Originally posted by tagger View Post
        I'm out. I'll have to stop posting.

I love this scene also. I also liked how Teal'c wouldn't be put off, he just came in when Carter protested about it being the girls locker room.

Hi ((Deejay))!!

For me, one of my favorites has to be Threads; Sam with Jack and with Jacob. Very well acted, nice scenes. (it helps that I am a hopeless shipper, but still very well done)

I love innovative and gutsy ideas to succeed.

Plus, I want the whole team to be able to make a living doing what they love, live where they like to live, and work with people they respect, trust, and have fun with!
        Yeah, that scene in Threads in one I watch over and over. Drives the family nuts when they watch it with me. I'm a hopeless shipper too. But that scene says so much more than ship too me. It screams of the respect they have for one aother, and the esteem in which each holds the other.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        I always figured her scientific training helped--she knew what angle to bounce the grenade at.

You're right!
        Maybe we'll get to see fierce Sam in Atlantis--not holding my breath, but I can hope.
        Yeah-just like why she's good at pool.

This has always been one of my favorite Sam shots. It really captures her fierce side. I'm hoping for more of this Sam in SGA. Fingers crossed.

Anyone else have favorite Sam shots to share?

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        D'oh!! You're right. How could I make such a daft mistake? It's one of my fave episodes.

Kay aka mumsey
        Eh-easy mistakes to make. I was just reading a book about Stargate and the contributors often referred to incorrect episodes when describing a scene, or quoting dialog. And it got published.

Oh, and Samandans who would like to contribute: Sam could use some help over in this thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...26#post6730826

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
          IOh, and Samandans who would like to contribute: Sam could use some help over in this thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...26#post6730826
          Great minds work alike, DeeJay! Just dropping in to say the same thing. The thread in question is now at: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...27#post6730927

Vala has 35 votes. Sam (who has the best smile in the known universe) has 21.

Post a smiling photo with your vote. You can vote once a day. I find that subscribing to these game threads helps me remember to vote.

Comment

And while we are pandering for votes for Sam, vote for her hair here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...55#post6730855

Vote once a day! It would be a shame if the pig tails of doom won!

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              Some stills from "Unending".

Two shots with very minor spoilers
              Spoiler:

A behind-the-scenes shot from the end of filming.
              Spoiler:

Oh how sweet. Don't you just want to hug her? Especially that last picture there.

*goes all mushy*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Thanks for the photos, especially that last one. I've only watched for about 2 years and am sad about the show ending. I couldn't begin to imagine what it would be like to be so invested in it for a decade of your life. (((SG-1)))

Comment

Two shots with very minor spoilers
                  Spoiler:

A behind-the-scenes shot from the end of filming.
                  Spoiler:

Thankyou for the pictures, just look at Amanda's face, say's alot about her thoughts, bless her.
                  ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                    To All Who Participated and Sent Notes in for Damian's Birthday...this is for you:

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/blog/...-in-world.html

That turned out wonderful. Thank you all for putting it together.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      Dunno but we could try!

Hey it's 4am in NZ, where's NZBG???????
                      Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      and wait it is 4 am and Eileen isn't here something is up...the world will dissapear...help..
                      Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      "It's 4 AM, do you know where your NZBG is?"

(Like those old curfew notices, "It's 11:00, do you know where your children are?"
                      Hey hey! I was sleeping!

It looks like all of them are crying or close to tears. Except maybe Claudia... but I just know that if the others are, she will be. I want to hug them all. Oh, and CJ crying? It's weird enough seeing him laugh, it's so un Teal'c!

I'm going to go now. There is a small girl falling asleep in my lap.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

'OMG, how do i tell the general that his barndoor is open'
                        Heheheheee!
                        scarimor

Comment

Ok, I watched Talion last night. One scene irked me. What the heck was with
                          Spoiler:
                          Cam telling Carter to "stay here."? I guess they had to set up an ActionCam scene. She was barely in the episode. She could have been gone for all the use they put her to. Shouldn't Sam have had *some* kind of scene with Teal'c?

Comment

yeah, you could really see how important the show is to them
                            Yeah and that what also makes SG so great, I mean for them then eh Okay they have a lot of fans and all...but in the end they have to work there with each other. And the fact that they love going there is good If not they could never pulled it off. I mean working with people you don't like...never really work. Well sure not for 10 years

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                            Olivia's mama wears combat boots!
                            she sure does

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            well, the instructions on the site don't say to click the circle. WHY!?

but the voting's done, so there.

sally
                            Why?? Well cause they know if we can't figure it out Sam will help us out

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post

Oh, and Samandans who would like to contribute: Sam could use some help over in this thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...26#post6730826
                            Thank you for this link, I am trying to vote daily

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                            And while we are pandering for votes for Sam, vote for her hair here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...55#post6730855

Vote once a day! It would be a shame if the pig tails of doom won!
                            Same as what I said to Deejay...

Is anyone up to make a list of all the games, us Samandans can vote for so Sam can be #1 everywhere Cause I always forget some of the games...

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                            Hey hey! I was sleeping!
                            Arghhhh...No you weren't This is it...the world is for sure coming to an end

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                              Thanks for the photos, especially that last one. I've only watched for about 2 years and am sad about the show ending. I couldn't begin to imagine what it would be like to be so invested in it for a decade of your life. (((SG-1)))
                              Ditto thanks. It was touching to see their reaction was the same as that of many of us - that sadness was definitely portrayed in that last scene.

One thing I've always appreciated about SG-1 is they virtually never forget the fact that they're dealing with extremely smart and competent people (wish SGA would get that ) There was a perfect example of this and an example of what's so brilliant about Sam the character and AT the actress in Tallion:
                              Spoiler:
                              When Landry is finished on the phone with the IOA and he comes into the room and says he's sending teams out but that he's got another mission for SG-1, Sam's reaction is immediate yet subtle - making it clear through a tiny expression that Sam followed Landry completely to the logical conclusion and knows exactly what's going on. The following dialogue confirms this. It must be hard to consistently write for a character who is so smart that she rarely needs having things explained to her, let alone act that character in such a way as to demonstrate to the audience that she is 'there' way before the other characters, whether they're talking about wormhole physics or Earth/Jaffa politics.

Comment

what i think re talion - bear in mind that i haven't seen it for a few weeks

Spoiler:
                                yes, had to set up for teal'c to kick cam's tush but....it would have been out of character for sam to try to stop teal'c too hard...cause she'd know that she'd fail. he was going to go and no one could stop him

and i think the writers also had an issue...they set it up so that teal'c was at the point of violence to go...and couldn't have him hitting sam - cause i can't see him doing that - and didn't take the time to write some actual dialogue

a bit of a weakness, sure
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X