Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Just keep it on topic - sam's a great character - and be yourselves. that's what she'd come here to see anyway, US, not some tush kissing suck ups
    I'm out. I'll have to stop posting.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Look at one of my favorite scenes with Teal'c in Paradise Lost.
    1)He finds her alone in the locker room, not weeping in the control room or something.
    2)She at first tries to say she's fine and hide that she's been crying (even though it's completely obvious), but eventually does break down and let herself be comforted by Teal'c.
    That's so significant IMHO b/c it shows how much she trusts him.
    I love this scene also. I also liked how Teal'c wouldn't be put off, he just came in when Carter protested about it being the girls locker room.

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
    Thirty pages behind? Is that all? Underachiever! I'm at least fifty.

I see we have a lot of new people here since I last posted. Welcome! And share your favorite Sam moments. I watched Show and Tell today and really enjoyed Soldier Sam kicking Retu butt by bouncing a grenade off the wall and into an opening elevator door.
    Hi ((Deejay))!!

For me, one of my favorites has to be Threads; Sam with Jack and with Jacob. Very well acted, nice scenes. (it helps that I am a hopeless shipper, but still very well done)

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    The key players behind Sanctuary, including Damian haven't had a paycheck in a year because it's all gone straight into Sanctuary.

That's how big this is, and how important NOT using torrents etc is. We're not talking about messing with a little bit of profit from a major network... we're talking about a small circle of people who put a WHOLE year's earnings into an expensive, broadcast quality show and have been living off their savings.
    I love innovative and gutsy ideas to succeed.

Plus, I want the whole team to be able to make a living doing what they love, live where they like to live, and work with people they respect, trust, and have fun with!
    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

Comment

we are who we are. and i think amanda is the kind of person that can accept folks for who and how they are.

her daily life and job is grounded in artifice and fakiness...she doesn't need it here.

we can enjoy and rejoice in our uniqueness as people...and that's how it's gonna be...or da noodle of doom will come out in a BIG way

Exactly. I hate being on fandom sites where you have to watch every little thing you say for fear that some fan will take it the wrong way and get upset.

I know I'm brutally honest but I do try to temper that with love (well for those I do care about) when I speak my piece, but if you get me ticked off...watch out as all bets are off and for the love of Chilnac (FS reference, sorry) do NOT follow me if I say something flip and walk away. Trust me.

*wonders if she should mention that the noodle of doom doesn't scare her...
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Could you believe if I tried to censor myself ...I'd have nothing to say
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

To All Who Participated and Sent Notes in for Damian's Birthday...this is for you:

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/blog/...-in-world.html

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
            To All Who Participated and Sent Notes in for Damian's Birthday...this is for you:

Yay! He totally deserves it, and I'm so glad we helped make the day so special
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              She has us bookmarked
              EEK!

Well, based on those of us she's met, I'm sure she's not surprised by ANYTHING that she may read here.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                And.... I don't think I've seen anyone mention it here in the thread, but Strix has posted a wonderful new fic. It's about Sam, but from Teal'c's POV.

A Star at Dawn
                AUTHOR: Strix varia
                RATING: PG
                CATEGORY: Angst, drama, hurt/comfort.
                SUMMARY: Teal'c/Sam friendship. While rescuing natives from a threatening volcano, SG-1 is caught in an avalanche.
                SPOILERS: Set in season six in the middle of Paradise Lost; spoilers up to that episode.
                WARNINGS: None
                Awesome Fic!
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

Just keep it on topic - sam's a great character - and be yourselves. that's what she'd come here to see anyway, US, not some tush kissing suck ups
                  Exactly who's tush are we talking about? Is kissing optional?
                  William Shakespeare

Anon

Comment

Is there a larger version of the pic somewhere? It's kinda hard to read with my old eyes.
                    William Shakespeare

Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                      It's a screen cap from Cor'ai. She's yelling at them, trying to stop them drowning Teal'c.

Kay aka Mumsey
                      I think it is from Demons--where they "drowned" him to "save his soul" and he did the kel-no'reem so he lived after all. It was just on this week here (in Seattle) as part of a scifi channel marathon (8 shows in a row) which I watched while sorting slides (I have thousands of my Dad's to go through as well as my own. Every time there's a marathon I go through a bunch Good excuse for sitting in front of the TV for 8 hours!

Donamac

Comment

Could you believe if I tried to censor myself ...I'd have nothing to say
                        I can't believe you would have nothing to say. You'd find a way to get around yourself .

Good Day Samanda's
                        Last edited by Sg Gato; 01 June 2007, 04:17 AM.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                          Put the chocolate down and have a scone!
                          As for playing with yourself... I'm not even going to go there.
                          *eta*
                          Looks like AD did though!
                          Yeah well..............uhm..........hehehehe....someones gotta have fun you know!!
                          Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                          Yay, happy pills. Chelle is there room in that bed for me too? Eileen and I can top and tail
                          There's always room for you sweetpea...I'm sure there's a spare cupboard around here somewhere!!??
                          Originally posted by Becca C View Post
                          after all that talk last night about wanting to meet Amanda, i actually had a dream about it. No where near as cool as the real thing, but I'll take it for now!
                          I had a dream like that recently too...that I met her and we chatted about our kids...it was really cool...one day I hope that dream will come true!!
                          Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                          It's a screen cap from Cor'ai. She's yelling at them, trying to stop them drowning Teal'c.

Kay aka Mumsey
                          And look at those tears...it just makes me sad...poor Sam!!!
                          What's this I hear, people on Samanda are playing with themselves
                          Well don't worry I've come to help
                          What??? You gonna play with me Mandy??? Uhm...ok! So....what shall we play with first??? ....Hey...I'm open to suggestions!!!

EDIT: Just noticed that I'm all alone in Samanda...again...this is getting to be a habit...playing with ones self is not all it's cracked up to be!!
                          Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Yup, that she does. I wonder what kind of jam she'd like on it?
                          I wonder if Sam would like scones?
                          I love scones...with strawberry jam and a very small dollop of cream...but they have to be fresh out of the oven...and no fruit...if they have fruit I only have butter on them...ooooh....my mum inlaw makes the best scones....and sometimes she puts dates in them..yummmmmmmm....freat...now I have a craving for date scones!!!...bugger!!
                          Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                          Hey I have a quick question? Didn't Amanda had to pick, in an interview which title and year I forgot her favourite series? She did chose for Coronation Street (which airs in Belgium too, If I could I'd try to watch).
                          Well that other choice once, wasn't that Little Britain?
                          Daivy
                          I love Little Brittain...those guys are just too funny!!! I'm kicking myself for not going to their show when they came out here earlier this year!!
                          Yeah, she likes Corrie and Little Britain.

*shakes head in dismay* And there I was, thinking Amanda was perfect
                          Hehehehe..well she's almost there...Little Brittain is pretty cool!!
                          Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                          That's definately worse because there is no way that you can make that right, even before you stick it in the blender. At least you realized, because chocolate and parmesan cake as a taste combo I imagine would have been fairly vile
                          Yuk...parmesan cheese...or chuck cheese as we call it...it's gross..I won't have it in the house...it just stinks!!
                          So, they joked about corsets being the secret of Helen's longevity and then went on to promise scenes with Helen in corset (at which point I cheered!).
                          I bet you did ...nice and loud I hope??!! That's gonna be so cool to see Helen/Amanda in a corset!!...I've never actually worn one...and don't intend to ever!!
                          Well, both times he was topless... veeeery topless... So you can't even slip into the gutter imagining what he has on under his clothes. Um, don't look at me like that!
                          It's times like these when I wish I had Amanda's job...I'd deliberately stuff up just to keep RD half nekkid!! ...take, after take, after take...etc...you get the idea!!
                          The reason I'm sharing this is because it's on topic! Amanda made me do it! You know how powerful her smiles are... that inspired me to start smiling a lot more. And it's free!)
                          Same here...she's inspired me to do so much more with my life...more than anyone ever has before which is kinda sad really but that's ok...better now than never...and it's kinda hard to explain it that someone I have never met has inspired me so much...and now I'm gonna stop before I get to mushy...mushy and me don't go together well!!
                          Originally posted by Becca C View Post
                          Hey, does anyone know if Amanda ever actually comes on here and reads all this craziness we're writing??
                          She has us bookmarked
                          Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                          Your kidding, right? I have to be more mindful of the pics I post and my captions.
                          I'm not kidding, and don't change a thing
                          *cough*...cool!! What you see...read...is me...except I'm much louder in RL...much...louder!!!
                          Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          So Amanda, if you're reading this, pretend that I'm clever, witty and too charming for words, and don't think I'm too weird for proclaming on an online scifi forum that I think you're really cool.

Oh, and I have a life. Really.
                          Wow...you're only proclaiming that she's really cool???...I could add to that...
                          Amanda...you are awesome, gorgeous, amazing, totally wicked, the bees knees, beautiful, talented...I could go on...I actually have a word for every letter of the alphabet but my kids want dessert...but you get the idea...right???
                          Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                          I completely agree with you Skydiver, I would hate it if it turned into a thread like that. i love what we have here. Yes the thought that Amanda might read what i write makes me a little nervous but I wouldnt chang what i say cause im nervous, I love this place too much to see what happened to the torri thread happen here, it would completly suck. besides we have way too much fun in here and who would really want to give that up? Not me

Anywayz i got 2 go 2 Rotarua now a 5 hour trip from where i live, Fun, fun, fun see you guys after the weekend

Hugs and Kisses
                          AT_Fan
                          I won't stop being me just coz on the odd chance that Amanda "might" pop in and read some of our posts...I just couldn't do that!
                          So...Rotarua...it's an aquired place to be...it took me a while to get used to the smell there but it's beautiful and such an amazing place to visit...have fun!!
                          Hahaha! Have fun in Rotorua! Just try not to breath
                          Ah...it's not that bad...I've smelt worse!!

I tried to contact you about that Oooober but...I think I was too late ...I missed it...
                          Yay! He totally deserves it, and I'm so glad we helped make the day so special
                          Next year...I want to be on it next year...I'm so bummed now!!

Ok...I'm off to organise the grommets...we have to go shopping for Tom tomorrow...the weather is getting much cooler now and Tom put on his school pants from last winter....I think he grew just a wee bit over the last 12 months...all his pants are ankle bashers...my nephew is about to inherit a truck load of pre loved clothes from Tom!!
                          Night night everyone..take care, be safe, stay happy, be good, have fun and hug your loved ones!!

(((Samanda)))

Oh...nearly forgot...I said yesterday that I wuld post a cute picture of Amanda/Sam...well my PB has just froze on me so I'll post one tomorrow!!
                          Night!!
                          Last edited by Chelle DB; 01 June 2007, 03:13 AM. Reason: playing alone...again!! Not funny!!! :D
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            Same here...she's inspired me to do so much more with my life...more than anyone ever has before which is kinda sad really but that's ok...better now than never...and it's kinda hard to explain it that someone I have never met has inspired me so much...and now I'm gonna stop before I get to mushy...mushy and me don't go together well!!
                            No, I know exactly what you mean.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            Ah...it's not that bad...I've smelt worse!!
                            I have only been once. I was very sick... my parents thought it was carsickness from the drive there but then I was sick the entire week. There was a restaurant we went to a few times there, and now I will always associate their food with not only the sulfur smell, but throwing it all up again. And the smell. Sigh. Apparently the locals are so used to it that they can't smell it, but I can't see that happening. Yuck.

Some slightly more on topic news... I am surrounded in polar bears! My niece just got some new pajamas covered in them... my dad (who has never forwarded anything to me in my life) forwarded an email with some really, really cute polar bear photos. My flatmate had something with polar bears on it too... I can't remember what it was... just that there were dozens and dozens of polar bears. My uni newspaper did an article on polar fleece (there have been polar fleece jokes in the paper nearly every week this year, it's getting worse... they are organising a polar fleece party at a bar now) and that was full of polar bear cartoons.

I wish polar bears weren't so darn cute!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Unending / Sam music vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRVohEL-5Y

And Neep... you're gonna pay for that bad press you've been spreading about me
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

And Neep... you're gonna pay for that bad press you've been spreading about me
                                Oh yeah? It's on!
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X