Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
    It hit me about 30 minutes ago that I do not have any (sensible) questions to ask AT this weekend. It's like I just realised she was going to be here. I have no stargate mojo!
    Anecdotes from APLIS?

Book currently reading/last book read/favorite recent book?

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    You can ask her if she wears contacts. I'm pretty sure she wears glasses for reading as I've seen a lot of behind the scenes photos where she had glasses on. I was just curious if she wore contacts or if it was something she had to get used to for the part of Helen because it looks as if she's wearing brown contacts.
    Do you have links? All I can recall seeing is the Crazy8s photo last year.

Comment

Weird none of mine look blue. Hmm
      I checked and because of the lighting her eyes look dark but if you wait for closeups when there is light on her face then you can see they are blue. Though sometimes you'd swear they were brown.

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      Anecdotes from APLIS?

Book currently reading/last book read/favorite recent book?

Do you have links? All I can recall seeing is the Crazy8s photo last year.
      Oh yeah! Gotta ask about her trip north and filming on the ice. They actually got to go on the sub didn't they?
      -

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
        All this Comic Con talk is making me impatient for July to come.
        Something tells me this summer is going to fly by. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, though.

I can't say if tsax sleeps, but she does talk. I think we sat in that booth at Bob's Big Boy for over 3 hours last Saturday!
        The talking is a tactic that keeps you awake, antoa! And it's good you got some practice in now.

And as for buyng the Season 10 DVDs. I am! I actually *liked* the season *gasp* Say it isn't so! And it would just be wrong not to finish out my collection. Then I'll start to get the Atlantis DVDs.
        *gasp*

Shun!

Yeah, the collection thing has kinda suckered me in too. My dvd shelves need to be in alignment or whatever.
        Yeah, but they screwed up the alignment when they started releasing the new seasons in the smaller cases. Now I'll have eight big, honking boxes and a teeny-tiny one. One day I might bring myself to buy S9, but it'll probably be for the same reason as you PengYn. OCD all the way!

It hit me about 30 minutes ago that I do not have any (sensible) questions to ask AT this weekend. It's like I just realised she was going to be here. I have no stargate mojo!
        Oh yeah! How many of you guys are going?

I'm with parsifal - questions about anecdotes from the Arctic/APLIS maybe? I'm sure she has a funny story or two about Ben Browder, RDA and the others if her post to the APLIS site is anything to go by.

Could you ask her to describe the relationship between Helen and Ashley? Oh, oh, oh! And the relationship between Helen and John? I'm really interested in that one, because it seems so incredibly twisted.

Thanks for asking PengYn!

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        You could ask her when she gets time to sleep, Amanda is awfully busy this year.
        Seriously. I don't know how she does it. Ask her if she's been taking lessons from tsax. I guess it's a good thing they're filming on the same lot.

I've got one!!

In Vancouver in March, N John Smith mentioned that he and AT and some other people from Stargate had been invited to fly in some fighter jets and land on an air craft carrier in San Diego. He said it was supposed to happen on May 21. Ask her if it did happen and have her tell you about it! And then tell me what she said! And tell her that I told you to ask. Though she has no clue who I am since I've never met her.
        That's cool. I've never heard of that before! Hopefully she wasn't too busy with filming to do it. That was probably pretty neat.

You can ask her if she wears contacts. I'm pretty sure she wears glasses for reading as I've seen a lot of behind the scenes photos where she had glasses on. I was just curious if she wore contacts or if it was something she had to get used to for the part of Helen because it looks as if she's wearing brown contacts.
        It's weird. I feel like I've seen Helen with brown AND blue eyes... And I meant to mention the brown eyes a while back, but I never stopped to check it out further.

As for the glasses, I didn't realize she wore them beyond that one gala event she attended a while back. But it would make sense that she wears them for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          *kisses*

The helmet I have. But I think I'll save the world the collective nausea and skip the leathers.

Love to you guys!

PS (nuts when the PS is the only part that's ON topic! D'oh! ) -> Can we take a short tally of who here intends to purchase S10 on DVD? I'm curious...

mg
          You were on topic when you mentioned the Indian (which I had tried to think of before and drew a blank......how the hell can you draw a blank on Indian )

I will definitely be purchasing S10. No doubt on the day of release as they always put the new release "on sale". Used to preorder on Amazon, but Best Buy started matching their price, so why not have it in hand sooner?
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            Something tells me this summer is going to fly by. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, though.

The talking is a tactic that keeps you awake, antoa! And it's good you got some practice in now.
            Do we have an official list of all that are going to Comic Con from here? Here's who I know:

me
            tsax
            spaz
            minigeek
            vikitty (she's new on GW, but I know her from Sanctuary)

Anyone else?

Comment

I'll be purchasing S10, no doubt about it.

Was just chatting to Sofie about my big target for this weekend: do NOT make Amanda cry. I am DETERMINED to get a picture taken where we're not crying. Determined, I tell you.

Well, she might cry with laughter when she sees the outfit I've put together for this weekend's event. It puts the chopstick hat to shame.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

PS (nuts when the PS is the only part that's ON topic! D'oh! ) -> Can we take a short tally of who here intends to purchase S10 on DVD? I'm curious...

mg
                Since I don't have anything to contribute about bikes, cause if you ask me I find them dangerous on the road, and no I am not talking about the bikers, I am talking about bikes/drivers of cars and bikers...not my thing for sure... I will just tell that I am bying season 10. Cause I think there are some great eps in them, and also some good ones...and then some eps I will probably never watch but still...All in all I think season 10 was an okay season. With variety of stuff

And as for buyng the Season 10 DVDs. I am! I actually *liked* the season *gasp* Say it isn't so! And it would just be wrong not to finish out my collection. Then I'll start to get the Atlantis DVDs.
                Yep and that is also a reason why I would buy it, cause it would look nice. Gotta love collections...And well Amanda plays in it so that is also a good reason to buy it

Comment

Do we have an official list of all that are going to Comic Con from here? Here's who I know:

me
                  tsax
                  spaz
                  minigeek
                  vikitty (she's new on GW, but I know her from Sanctuary)

Anyone else?
                  starrgazer

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post

Was just chatting to Sofie about my big target for this weekend: do NOT make Amanda cry. I am DETERMINED to get a picture taken where we're not crying. Determined, I tell you.

Well, she might cry with laughter when she sees the outfit I've put together for this weekend's event. It puts the chopstick hat to shame.
                    I'm actually now considering turning up at the last minute to see that alone now
                    sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                      I'm actually now considering turning up at the last minute to see that alone now
                      Don't worry. My girlfriend will be armed with a camera. *dramatic sigh*. Anyone who has been following the Sanctuary forums will know what I'm on about. The costume is still on, but the gift has needed a little... poetic license. Swap the K for a C and swap position with the R

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post

Take lots of pictures, Trace! You're gonna look gorgeous. And I'm looking forward to seeing another ensemble top the chopstick hat - that was infamous.

ETA: Ahh, you've already got it covered!

Hey, did you find a hat yet?

Comment

I don't need a hat.

Though I *do* have a chopstick hat here in Sanctuary colours: black bowl with red chopsticks. I just don't know if I should fasten it to the wig or whether that might be a step too far.

Comment

Can we take a short tally of who here intends to purchase S10 on DVD? I'm curious...

mg
                            I probably will because there are a few episodes that I really liked. Still don't see the need to get season 9, though.

My LJ

Comment

I've wondered that myself. I'd still love to know if she was wearing contacts in LiTS
                              Spoiler:
                              when her eyes are dialated after she's wounded. I mean, if not, wow. I'd be totally blown away. She really looks like she's in shock.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                                I've wondered that myself. I'd still love to know if she was wearing contacts in LiTS
                                Spoiler:
                                when her eyes are dialated after she's wounded. I mean, if not, wow. I'd be totally blown away. She really looks like she's in shock.
                                You can see that much detail? That's not the first time I've heard it either. Do you guys mind identifying what scene that is so I can go back and see? Because that's pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X