Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
    Caption Me:

*Thinking to herself* heh... nod and smile...
    Originally posted by tagger View Post
    Cool greenscreen from AT in Sanctuary... More captionary...?

Spoiler:

www.sanctuaryforall.com
    Spoiler:
    "Do not move! I have a sufle in the oven!"

How is everyone? Having a good weekend?
    sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      LOL

i was thinking...it is still 2007 right????
      2008??? Ok...I'm confused...why don't we just make it 2010...then I can definitely be there...celebrate my 40th at the same time...hehehe...just joking...you can have it earlier...so long as we get an AT4 I think I can survive missing out on AT3....who am I kidding??? It's gonna kill me missing out...NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by Myrth View Post
      And half of it doesn't seem to work on You Tube at the moment. Wonder if MGM are getting bitten by their own legal action
      that would be just too frakking funny
      if thier stuff gets pulled down because of them pulling everyone else's stuff down
      Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      Speaking as someone who thoroughly enjoys fanvids, I can only say it would serve them right.
      All I can say is....
      HEHEHEHEHEHEHE...suffer in yer jox MGM!! They took away my fave vids...buggers!!
      Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Yup

And is it just me or is her hair long? They let her keep the extensions??
      Yep...her hair looks longer than normal...hehe...I'm pretty certain she said or rather she did ask if she could keep it long...yay!!!
      Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      OK - I'm in the Caribbean Sea, and it's $1/minute so I can't stay long - but wanted to say HI EVERYONE! LOVE YOU!
      Post a quick picture (of course!) I am having an amazing time! I climbed UP a waterfall - no word of a lie - holy hannah! It was so cool. The photo (below) is not from that, but from a great little hidden away cove I found. So pretty...
      http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/140...0008451_rs.jpg

And... did anyone else post about Amanda at the London Expo?
      Kisses to all...!! **
      geek(of way too many new freckles - lol - i don't tan...freckles just overlap... oye)
      OMGosh...the water looks great....lucky you mini...glad you're having a great time!!
      Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      (amanda's hair isn't as blond... seeing some reddish highlights)

sally
      at AT2 and Avalon it was a hilighted strawberry blonde
      I noticed that in the pics from Avalon...she had some strawberry streaks...I love her hair any which way she wears it..she can pull of any style...unlike my mop...arghhh...to cut or not to cut...that is the question...and I only have 10 days to decide!!
      it's possible that the writers call the characters 'carter' 'o'neill' etc, and not jack, sam, vala, daniel
      Yeah...do you recall when they finished filming Ressurection...the ep that Amanda directed...they chanted "Carter, Carter, Carter" as she left the set...they should have been chanting "Tapping, Tapping, Tapping"...or "Amanda, Amanda, Amanda"...IMHO anyway!
      I love number 6!! Yay!!
      Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
      About the longer hair: Do we know for sure Sam will be in the military in Season 4 ? After all Atlantis is a civilian operation !
      Well...not for sure...I haven't actually read anything that conclusively states that Carter will be a civilian or in the military but I would bet my bottom dollar that she'll be in the military still...as a full colonel...hehehe!!
      Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post
      Personally I think she looks better with shorter hair (not too short just shorter) to me she looks younger with short hair. That aside I really don't care what they do with the hair as long as it's NOT pigtails - THAT was a fiasco of a pubescent 12 year old (with a silly little girl crush too boot).
      And what's wrong with piggy tails??...I have finally got enough length in my hair to wear piggy tails...as I did for work yesterday...I like my piggy tails....
      Originally posted by ReganX View Post
      I don't mind so much if they don't say that they were wrong; it's more important that they acknowledge to themselves that it wasn't the way to go.
      I wonder how they'll handle it for the movies, though.
      What do you guys think?
      a) The movies take place before Sam's promotion and appearance on Atlantis.
      b) The first movie takes place before Sam's promotion, the second after.
      c) Both movies take place after Sam's promotion - or maybe she could be promoted onscreen in the first.
      My guess is that if they use options (b) or (c), there won't really be a chain of command - though, depending on the size of his role, Jack may be leader in the second - it'll just be the same muddy co-lead situation we've had all through the past two seasons.
      I'm gonna go for B...no C...maybe both B and C???
      Caption Me:

"You're kidding, right? Please tell me that's not how they plan to style my hair for Atlantis!"
      "I got a hedge clipper around here somewhere you could borrow"
      Spoiler:
      http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s205/1elevator/heleninkitchen-1.jpg
      www.sanctuaryforall.com

Spoiler:
      "I know what you're thinking," Helen said. "Did she fire twelve shots or only eleven? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as these are two self-made guns, and happen to be the most powerful handguns in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya , mutant punk?"

sally

ps - bonus points for anyone that knows where i stole borrowed the dialog from.
      RITGLMAO!!!!!!
      Brilliant!! And that would be from a Dirty Harry movie right??
      Originally posted by tagger View Post
      Cool greenscreen from AT in Sanctuary... More captionary...?
      Spoiler:

www.sanctuaryforall.com

Spoiler:
      Helen tenderizes some beef.
      "You say that everytime I make a roast. Well not this time buddy. You sit your butt down right now or you'll be eating lead for a week!"

I kid you not...hubby never makes it home on time when I make roast...and no wise cracks about my cooking ...I make the best roast pork in the southern hemisphere...but something always happens when I put a roast on I'm jinxed!

Yeehaa...finally at the end...and how come we were on page 2 again???
      Night night folks...take care, be safe, stay happy and hug your loved ones!

(((Samanda)))
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Caption Me:

"You're kidding, right? Please tell me that's not how they plan to style my hair for Atlantis!"
        I love this moment so much! I just watched that ep, and I actually came online to say that it's one of my favourite Sam moments And I find it's already here so I don't even need to make a cap. I just love her face so much! Her eyes... her smile... and then, "no, you can't keep him."

She got to keep Cassie though. I'm watching Singularity now. This may be one of my favourite episodes. Oh, I noticed something I don't remember from the other times I have watched it... The way Sam grabs Cassie's knees in the infirmary... with a goofy "ggrrr!" face to make her laugh.

Yay! I'm glad Amanda liked getting the story. I hope she lets us know what she thinks
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

SGA S4 and the military:
          Spoiler:
          to be the boss of the city, sam NEEDS to be a full colonel.
          Technically, position trumps rank. Which means if you're placed in command of a base, like Atlantis, which is considered a higher level position than commander of a ship, like the Daedalus, it doesn't matter what your rank is relative to his. You have what's known as positional authority which supersedes mere rank. My husband as a Special Forces Staff Sergeant was often in command of colonels and majors when they commanded units under ones he was temporarily in command of.

There are a lot of factors involved in rank, and it takes an act of the President (actual promotion) and Congress (money) to promote people. Though I suspect Sam's original promotion to Major was a brevet - meaning the President could do it without Congress as it involved merely authority and title, not pay based on what they said during the ceremony. So she would not necessarily have to be promoted to full Colonel to outrank even Caldwell given that she will be placed in command of Atlantis. But it helps immediately establish her authority to outsiders, gives her the honor which is rightly due her and, quite frankly, means she'd be getting the salary and benefits she deserves given her increased duties and responsibilities.

Now, I know I'm vastly in the minority here in believing that, except for what-branch-has-what equipment and the fact that military members tend to specialize fields of expertise, I feel SG-1 has done an excellent job of listening to its military advisor, even though they often fail miserably to fully explain their thinking. Hopefullly, they've learned that lesson and will make it clear by promoting Sam by the end of the movies.

The Quest II:
          Spoiler:
          Originally posted by ReganX View Post
          Coop or no Coop, Sam seems to be much more of a leader than Mitchell, regardless of titles.
          One thing I noticed finally watching the episode on the Big Screen was how, at the beginning when Teal'c was about to run into the field to face the dragon, after Mitchell told him to go do it, he looked pointedly at Sam first. She nodded, "Go," after which he went. And I thought at first maybe it was because he was checking to make sure she was ready with the explosives, but given she didn't have the thing out and primed, and in fact had to get into position herself after he ran out, but most importantly CJ and AT's expressions during the interchange, I'm fairly sure after rewatching again that Teal'c was making it Very Clear who he considered to be In Charge of the operation. ("I'm glad you think I should go, kid. Now I'll ask someone who's opinion matters.")

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            <Snip>
            The Quest II:
            Spoiler:
            One thing I noticed finally watching the episode on the Big Screen was how, at the beginning when Teal'c was about to run into the field to face the dragon, after Mitchell told him to go do it, he looked pointedly at Sam first. She nodded, "Go," after which he went. And I thought at first maybe it was because he was checking to make sure she was ready with the explosives, but given she didn't have the thing out and primed, and in fact had to get into position herself after he ran out, but most importantly CJ and AT's expressions during the interchange, I'm fairly sure after rewatching again that Teal'c was making it Very Clear who he considered to be In Charge of the operation. ("I'm glad you think I should go, kid. Now I'll ask someone who's opinion matters.")
            Yup, I had very similar thoughts too.
            -

Comment

Direct "Symbiosis" Link

This link takes you to Part 1 of the story, so you don't have to go through multiple pages to get there.
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                Direct "Symbiosis" Link

This link takes you to Part 1 of the story, so you don't have to go through multiple pages to get there.
                Can't you post the story on ff.net ?
                I don't like that site ! It takes forever to load !

Comment

Well, I think that's Kamil's call, not ours. The story WAS written for the AT.com site. However, if I remember correctly, we DO have a Samandan account on FF.net.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                    Well, I think that's Kamil's call, not ours. The story WAS written for the AT.com site. However, if I remember correctly, we DO have a Samandan account on FF.net.
                    Yes we do TJ, put together by Deejay for us....what's currently listed are the 2 bad fics we wrote on purpose
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

this shows how out of the loop i've let myself get these days... i can't remember what AoT stands for! i *know* it's the first movie, but all i'm getting is Amanda O'Tapping.

'arc of truth'???

sally
                      And that is how you recognize a true fan...she sees Amanda and Sam everywhere

Yeah it does take a while to load especially if you aren't on fast internet...but it is worth it in the end But maybe it is a good idea to put it on ff.net for the people who do want to read it but not have the time to wait long till it loads, that is of course if Kamil agrees with it...

Comment

In case of any other fanfiction story, I would have no problem with it being anywhere else. However, this is different. This story has been intended for Amanda and the AmandaTapping.Com website from the very start. Since AmandaTapping.Com is Amanda's own website and the story was meant for her and even the working versions were being placed up on the AmandaTapping.Com server, I can't agree for it to be posted elsewhere.

That would be my decision.
                        Kamil
                        sigpic

Comment

how about, if getting to read the final story is hard, have someone c/p it into word and then e-mail it to you. That way you can read it and we can still keep it on at.com

I do think, ,however, e-mailing it privately to each other is one thing, but don't post it ANYWHERE else. Not even in you LJ. The fic belongs to AT.com and that's the only place it should be posted
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                            In case of any other fanfiction story, I would have no problem with it being anywhere else. However, this is different. This story has been intended for Amanda and the AmandaTapping.Com website from the very start. Since AmandaTapping.Com is Amanda's own website and the story was meant for her and even the working versions were being placed up on the AmandaTapping.Com server, I can't agree for it to be posted elsewhere.

That would be my decision.
                            Kamil
                            Yea I agree Kamil, it should stay where it is
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

JenniferJF thank you for your perspective on military issues it always great to hear from someone that has real world experience.

As for the timeline of the two movies - I would guess the first one "Ark of Truth" takes place just after the events of S10 since it wraps up the Ori story and contains elements of what they were plannng for S11 had SG1 been renewed. Continuum is a stand alone and could take place anytime between early S10 to after "Ark of Truth" just due to the few sppoilers release so far I could guess it is before S4 of Atlantis. I think it will be released after S4 has started airing.

As for will Sam still be in the military when she goes to Atlantis I would say 'YES'. If you check out MGM's new Gate website they have a section for SG1 and SGA including characters for each show and Sam is already listed on the SGA character site as Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, PhD - I would not read to much into that meaning she will not be promoted (O'Neill is listed as a Colonel). MGM Site Character Page It is nice to see that MGM has updated their Stargate site but I think they need someone that pays more attention to detail working on the site. Their SGA community site has a picture of Ben Browder showing for Sheperd and they left off an SGA character completly on the main site.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                                snip, snip If you check out MGM's new Gate website they have a section for SG1 and SGA including characters for each show and Sam is already listed on the SGA character site as Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, PhD - I would not read to much into that meaning she will not be promoted (O'Neill is listed as a Colonel). MGM Site Character Page It is nice to see that MGM has updated their Stargate site but I think they need someone that pays more attention to detail working on the site. Their SGA community site has a picture of Ben Browder showing for Sheperd and they left off an SGA character completly on the main site.
                                Doesn't say much for the "franchise" they claim to respect and love and want to support because of its worldwide success for them - actions, IMO, speak louder than words and this kind of nonsense just says to me they don't even care enough, or know enough, to get it right or accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X