Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Jonas: I don't know, but don't we seem a bit too, what's the word? "Cool" for this town?

Sam: Wow, I don't usually get called "cool." Thanks, Jonas.

Teal'c: My coolness is immaterial to this situation Jonas Quinn.
    I can't green you! But these is so funny, I nearly wet myself laughing. Especially after reading all the other captions above this one.

Nightwalkers was one of my fave episodes from Season 6. Simply because it was Sam heavy (I basically love Sam episodes, you probably have figured that out by now) and I thought she looked amazing in this one, all the way.

And I didn't even realise Jack was missing I'm bad but it was such a good episode that it didn't matter. I think

Wendy
    Hugs
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      I snipped your excellent post. Wanted to say good job with the lurking. Looks like you lasted a good 12 hours...

Welcome to Samanda!!
      You lurked under 12 hours?? Glad you didn't lurk long Caladria! Welcome to Samanda!

Comment

Stop it! You're making me pine for the season 6 dynamic, god damn you!
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Except for the way they brushed over Sam getting stuck with another symbiote I liked the ep. The team moments were great.
          they did brush over it. Sam didn't know that the serum would work. There was a period of time when she didn't know that it would work, a period of time when she probably thought she'd be a host.

and there's also the physical ramifications of having 6-8oz of alien matter decomposing inside her again. (Ick)
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            they did brush over it. Sam didn't know that the serum would work. There was a period of time when she didn't know that it would work, a period of time when she probably thought she'd be a host.

and there's also the physical ramifications of having 6-8oz of alien matter decomposing inside her again. (Ick)
            I wonder if that gets put in the introductory lectures for the SGC- in those exact words. Nasty, nasty, NASTY. Poor Sam. A risk she had to take, although I'm sure that once the adrenalin was gone, she must have had a huge internal 'oh my dear lord' moment that lasted a long time. Plus those fun visits to the infirmary.
            Although as I am a total quote-bunny, the use of the word 'decomposing' is now making me think of Jeff from 'Coupling', and therefore I have ruined your post for me, silly child that I am
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starrgazer
              *sigh* season 6 was a good season!

I think Full Circle is my fave ep, tho...

And Paradise Lost...

But Nightwalkers was great too ! "Let's get some lunch."

Love the team dynamics in S6 - and as you've all already said, the Sam/Jonas dynamic is great too!!
              It was AT's idea to pick up that line and use it again at the end of the episode. Yay AT! Good instincts, that gal has.

Comment

It was AT's idea to pick up that line and use it again at the end of the episode. Yay AT! Good instincts, that gal has.
                It was great. Both characters always had this sense of concealment-not showing everything inside always for personal reasons-and an odd way that this shows through is in their humorous exchanges-not just with Jack, but especially with each other. Pushing lightly at each other, trying to see what kind of reaction they'll get...and both actors are unsung good comic actors- great with the delivery, able to be the straight guy and do the zany stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

Ah all this talk about S6...makes me miss the good old days

I too enjoyed that season and it had many good episodes, of course Nightwalkers being one of my favourites too I do agree about they how skimmed over the fact that Sam had been implanted again Even though this was her second experience, I don't think it would be that easy to get over; especially since this was a Goa'uld and not a Tok'ra.

I did touch upon the subject of her being implanted in one of my fics, From the Darkness of the Abyss
                  warning violence and torture
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Ooh, no. Absorbing. Absorbing.

:shudder:
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                      Ooh, no. Absorbing. Absorbing.

:shudder:
                      Hugely squickifying. Every time its been done. I think everyone cheered when Jack chucked Hathor into the deep freeze and we all knew that what she had done to him was the real reason for the vehemence. Poor Sam. She can't catch a break, can she? But then again, none of them can. The perils of being a fictional character in a long-running show, eh?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Ah all this talk about S6...makes me miss the good old days

I too enjoyed that season and it had many good episodes, of course Nightwalkers being one of my favourites too I do agree about they how skimmed over the fact that Sam had been implanted again Even though this was her second experience, I don't think it would be that easy to get over; especially since this was a Goa'uld and not a Tok'ra.

I did touch upon the subject of her being implanted in one of my fics, From the Darkness of the Abyss
                        warning violence and torture
                        i touched on it too. It's cool, my fic is kinda like yours. Jack finding out that sam has been implanted and not knowing why - being out of hte loop after abyss.

I just didn't whump her as much

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                          Hugely squickifying. Every time its been done. I think everyone cheered when Jack chucked Hathor into the deep freeze and we all knew that what she had done to him was the real reason for the vehemence. Poor Sam. She can't catch a break, can she? But then again, none of them can. The perils of being a fictional character in a long-running show, eh?
                          And I loved that long hug between Jack & Sam after Jack chucked Hathor in-- "We would just like YOU to GO AWAY!" and Sam had been zapped by the ribbon device. And not in a shippy way. Ok, I guess he wouldn't have hugged Daniel or Teal'c quite so long...

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                            And the fandom implodes.

I for one am excited. I'm really looking forward to how they use Sam in Atlantis. But I do feel for the Weir fans. It's really not looking good for them at the moment.
                            I guess that's why I kept getting "The server is too busy" messages when I tried to post. I'm excited for AT too...but hope that not too many people are blaming her for the effect on Weir.

Comment

And I loved that long hug between Jack & Sam after Jack chucked Hathor in-- "We would just like YOU to GO AWAY!" and Sam had been zapped by the ribbon device. And not in a shippy way. Ok, I guess he wouldn't have hugged Daniel or Teal'c quite so long...
                              I don't know, he was really cold, and Teal'c might have warmed him up quite easily
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

same here.

I love that sam is going to atlantis. But i fear for the weir fans cause i know how it feels to have your character written out/diminished (sam in s9)

At the end of hte day i just hope that folks remember, going by how well we know both of these actresses, i don't see either of them running around 'gimme her job!!!'

they are likely victims of TPTB/Skiffy, just like Paul McGillion, RSF, Corin and all the others that have been written out of the show.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X