No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another year older?! What's a girl to do?
    Just grin and bear it, Strix ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

'Tis a royal treat to celebrate Strix's birthday
      During the winter's month of February

The Royal Household thus loudly proclaims
      Strix has guarded the Queen well, she's at the top of her game

Strix is loyal and faithful, just all-around swell
      Strix writes epic tales of the Queen's adventures so well

She follows the Queen on all her travels
      Making sure that all is in order and nothing unravels

Strix has been a part of Samanda from its earliest days
      And pitches the Queen's tent in the kindliest way

What can we give her to show our appreciation?
      Perhaps just some random gifts that light the imagination ...

Lest you do think this is the end of our tale
      Remember that there are other Samandan birthdays to hail

February is birth month to many kind souls who bring us delight
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

Last edited by ChopinGal; 17 February 2007, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        I added that question with your question in mind jckfan. A lot of other people had similar sentiments. We enjoy Sam/Rodney interaction, but we'd love to see how she works with the rest of the gang.

I like that she's wanting Sam/Shep and Sam/Teyla stuff too. I think she understands that you simply can't rest everything on the Sam/McKay dynamic...it'd get old fast.

And I agree with you...hopefully they'll listen to her. I think they might. I actually feel hopeful about SGA.
        I noticed that. I thought you did a good job taking a bunch of people's questions and making a single question out of them.
        I think it's great that AT takes the time to do these chats & stuff. This is just for her fans and isn't really part of the promo side of her job. It's not like she has to promote her work to people who would participate in an online chat from many time zones.
        It's not just the time online, but the time getting stuff set up, though I'm sure she has an assistant who helps out with that. Still, very generous and one of the reasons I've become such a big supporter of AT and not just the character of Sam.

Comment

NC

Comment

NC

Comment

Happy Birthday Strix!
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Happy Birthday Strix and RoX.
                Enjoy!
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Happy Birthday Strix and RoX!!
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

I posted this on S/J in response to a convo about 'Grace'. Was suggested I should share it here:

And, Happy Birthday, RoX and Strix!

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                      Thanks! And thanks to all those who worked on it and of course, to AT for taking the time.

Continue to admire AT's work ethic - attitude of excellence in whatever she does. I'm sure she is more than "earning her stripes" as an EP!

And, with my happy, shippy, rose colored glasses, I loved the fishing explanation.

Off topic: YAY for 3 day weekends!!!! Woohooo!!!
                      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                      Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                        As for her personal life, I think Sam will acquire children in untraditional ways. Even if she can bear children, which is uncertain because of Jolinar, she'd always worry about keeping them safe from those who would want to use them as lab rats thanks to their inherited blood abnormalities. She's got a natural empathy for motherless children, and I can see her being a foster mother and eventually adopted mother for an orphan or two. Not only does her own experience give her empathy, she'd see Daniel in any foster child as well. She has a created family in her team, so she's not tied to the idea that only blood makes family.
                        Couldn't green you, but I loved these points.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

Happy Birthday Strix and RealmOfX!!!

I hope you both have a great day!!!

Comment

I second that notion. Happy Birthday Strix and RealmOfX!

Cool Sam pic
                            Thanks for SIG to KIDWIZZ

Comment

Teal'c: Major Carter, I assume you know what day it is?
                              Sam: Yea, Teal'c I do...it's Strix's birthday.
                              Teal'c: Why does this seem to upset you?
                              Sam: It's not that it's her birthday that upsets me...it's that she always seems to want to whump me.

Teal'c: Perhaps we can give her some other ideas.

Spoiler:

Happy Birthday Strix
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RetaGamai View Post
                                I second that notion. Happy Birthday Strix and RealmOfX!

Cool Sam pic
                                Great photo for Strix. I bet you'd have liked to work with Firefighter Sam, Strix.
                                That episode was another great opportunity to see AT doing a slightly different role (if all too briefly. Though I did think it was a great CJ episode.) I thought she was very believable as a firefighter.

Comment

Working...
                                X