No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, if Sam didn't have to save the world what would she do?

Hmmm, besides hanging out with her favorite General (No, I don't mean Hammond or Landry!), I bet she'd teach at the Air Force Academy.

Last edited by Gate gal; 14 February 2007, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
      Hmmm, if Sam didn't have to save the world what would she do?

Hmmm, besides hanging out with her favorite General (No, I don't mean Hammond or Landry!), I bet she'd teach at the Air Force Academy.

[center][/center]
      Yeah I'd see her do that too, she seemed to be pleased after her lecture in Prodigy, and as you mentionned that would allow her to hang out with General Kerrigan
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        Wow, Kat, you are a very talented lady.

Hugs!
        mg
        Aww shucks. Sadly, I'm not even remotely close to your artistic talents and my writing skills definitely need a bit more polishing before I attempt to share anything I've written to the public; so for now I'm stuck with playing with photos and lucky for me I've become somewhat of a wiz at pushing random buttons on my photo editing program and sometimes when I least expect it something cool will pop up onto the screen.

I'm really glad you liked it though!
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 February 2007, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I see Sam as someone who's always challenging herself. Assuming there comes a day when Sam no longer has to save the world on a daily basis and she's retired (a long time away)--what new skill or subject area do you think she'd be interested in learning?

i think even if sam retires from the military, she'll still be playing with her toys.

while she's taking care of her children and hubby , she'll be working on the 'perfect' power source. one that won't create pollution. one that won't require recharging. this will be a great discovery and she'll win the so-and-so award for science achievement.

when she's 65, commander teal'c's team finds the fountain of youth. sam, jack, daniel, teal'c, and some others take it. they slowly regress in age. sam and jack stop at 40, whereas daniel picks 50 and teal'c picks 25.

~i have no idea where all of that came from ~

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
            Yeah I'd see her do that too, she seemed to be pleased after her lecture in Prodigy, and as you mentionned that would allow her to hang out with General Kerrigan
            Not exactly what I had in mind...

Oh, Major Sal, I can see Sam coming up with the perfect power source! That would be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i think even if sam retires from the military, she'll still be playing with her toys.
              I'm going with Sally on this one. Carter's had to sacrifice some of the pure research/sciences over the years in order to be part of a front line field unit - which was phenomenal - but after she leaves the field behind, I think she'd want to keep her hands and feet wet with the research, I think yes she would teach, and I think she'd probably oversee a great deal of the technological R&D resultant from the Stargate program.

Now, if she RETIRED totally - I still believe she'd maintain a civilian scientific interest in research and development. And I think she'd be called upon to lecture and also to consult with regularly. I doubt the military would keep her at arms length, I think they'd want to leverage her incredible mind for every iota they could and Sam - being Sam - wouldn't be able to stop thinking/theorizing/imagining/calculating ... it's in her blood, it's who she is. She does this kinda stuff for FUN, that's already been established, so I think she'd just be choosier about what she worked on and take the kind of projects that excited her.

And you know, as Kat mentioned re: the arts - she might take Fridays off for something creative - like learning how to throw pottery (with Jack)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                Not exactly what I had in mind...

Oh, Major Sal, I can see Sam coming up with the perfect power source! That would be cool!
                No ?? really ? oops !!

I also agree that she will still work in a scientific field. she won't give that up. And I like the idea of pottery for leisure time, or maybe she'll try to improve her fishing techniques
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                  Happy Birthday Astrogeologist!

Hope to see you around here soon!
                  Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                  Happy Birthday Shimmering Star!!

Hope you have a great day!
                  w00t!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Don't forget gang...

You all have until 11pm Thurs 15th Feb PST to get your questions in for the AT chat!

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/site/

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                      I think after spending a life surrounded by science whe would want to do something completely different. Pererhaps she'd learn to play a musical instrument or paint - like Amanda has done in her spare time. Definitely something creative. Though I'm not sure if I really see her as a writer -- technical writer yes, but not a creative writer -- so I don't think she'd go in that direction. I mean after she's spent a lifetime being the best in her field, I could imagine Sam wanting to try something that she didn't naturally excel at just for the challenge of it.
                      Of course we've had the spoiler that
                      Spoiler:
                      she may be playing a cello in the final episode, so that occured to me, too.
                      As a friend once pointed out, music is, in some ways, a form of audible math.

If she ever gets the urge to slow down from constant adrenaline rushes, I could also see her getting into gardening... you know, nurturing green and growing living things to psychologically counteract all the destruction and blowing up of stuff she has done over the years. We already know she talks to her plants.

My LJ

Comment

YAY for LOVE!!

I was thinking about how SG1 demonstrated love over the years:

Sam: Going back down the elevator shaft to be with Cassie in Singularity.
                        Jack: Refusing to leave Sam in Upgrades when she couldn’t escape the shield.
                        Teal’c: In Redemption letting and angry Rya’c hit him over and over because of his mothers’ death without retaliation or anger.
                        Daniel: Sacrificing himself and getting radiation poisoning stopping the nuclear reaction in Meridian.

Not by any means an exhaustive list, just off the top of my head. You all probably know many other instances.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!

*Now remain faith, hope, and love - the greatest of these is love.*
                        Last edited by tagger; 14 February 2007, 08:34 PM. Reason: speling :)
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

Sam, retire? Hmmm, hard for her I think, unless she has children and grandchildren.... even then, I think she would work very part time consulting for the AF or civilian corporations.

If she was footloose and fancy free, I see her writing books, flying a lot - maybe getting her own plane, tinkering with earth applications of off- world technology, and probably being a long-term consultant for SG1.

Teaching is a great option also!
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
                            Thanks and yep it was gatecon 2004 (are you going to tell me you were there too ? )
                            Oh no. I was but a wee, fledgling fan back then.

Comment

I see Sam as someone who's always challenging herself. Assuming there comes a day when Sam no longer has to save the world on a daily basis and she's retired (a long time away)--what new skill or subject area do you think she'd be interested in learning?
                              That's a good question jckfan!

I think the day Sam no longer has to save the day is the day the Stargate program goes public, because the galaxy is safe. So, I think Sam will finally be able to write about all that she's learned.

Maybe creative writing? Beyond the astrophysics lit, she could probably write some pretty cool action thrillers.

Comment

I can see her learning to play piano or some other instrument and doing it very well! I am basing this on friends and folks I have met at music camp. I'm on the board of an adult music camp and there is a high percentage of doctors and engineers who play music all the time in various community orchestras and bands. And some play in or sing in semi-professional ensembles and choruses.
                                Also, I think she might tutor kids who are interested in learning more about science than they get in public schools--or teaching kids about aviation. There's a school in our area where kids who love flying go to base their education on a life in aviation. (I would have loved that if it had been around when I was in high school.)

donamac

Comment

Working...
                                X