Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
    Shipping News

This isn't for everyone, but those of us who gravitate to UST and endless possibilities of the heart on both SG1 and SGA, I think you'll like this fan video. It came across as sweet and simple ... really very nice ... and, hey, it's almost Valentine's Day anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3eLi...elated&search=

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3eLipBsDmI

Enjoy!
    Oh, I bet those are great!
    *Runs off to check out new computers. Amanda's new show, ship videos, and Chompin Gal's Reel life are waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Let's see ... Baby's First Birthday gift from Auntie Denise: the complete boxed set of Stargate SG1, Season One.

Baby's Second Birthday ... Season Two.

Baby's Third Birthday gift ... Season Three.

etcetera etcetera ... all wrapped in pink with a big shiny bow!

Congratulations Sky on your newest family member and future Samandan!!

Hugs, Jester

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
        Let's see ... Baby's First Birthday gift from Auntie Denise: the complete boxed set of Stargate SG1, Season One.

Baby's Second Birthday ... Season Two.

Baby's Third Birthday gift ... Season Three.

etcetera etcetera ... all wrapped in pink with a big shiny bow!

Congratulations Sky on your newest family member and future Samandan!!

Hugs, Jester
        LOL! When she turns 9, she's going to wonder why she's getting a mechano-set instead.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          LOL! When she turns 9, she's going to wonder why she's getting a mechano-set instead.
          For 9, Sky can take her to her first GABIT event.
          She's a cutie, Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
            Further modification of fright-o-meter:

12---------------Teletubbies
            11---------------Sky "Wielder of the Wet Noodle"
            10---------------Exorcist has nothing on this one.
            9---------------Think Freddy meets Amanda
            8---------------The truth, you can't handle the truth.
            7---------------Just sleep with the light on for a week. You'll be fine.
            6---------------No worries, think Scream meets Scary Movie2.
            5---------------If you can watch SG-1, you can watch this one.
            4---------------What? You can't handle Buffy?
            3---------------Think Simpson's Halloween special.
            2---------------My three year old didn't even flinch.
            1---------------If this is too scary, you are a weannie.

I rank a 3.14159
            Wow, you're more of a whimp than I am. I rank about a five. And I am so pleased to learn that I am not alone in my whimpishness.

I admit I have a hard time imagining Amanda getting excited about a project that would be classified as true "horror," though. Maybe I'm wrong. Didn't she say it was "sci-fi?" While they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive and the lines are often blurred or deliberately bent, fantasy, science fiction, and horror are often considered to be separate entities. You know, fantasy = elves, dwarves, swords, quests against evil wizards; science fiction = science-based fictional technology, future, spaceships, yadda, yadda; horror = ax murders, vampires, warewolves, zombies, and lots of stupid people dying in horrible ways.

The Santuary preview page looks more fantasy or horror-like to me than science fiction, but again, I just can't see Amanda getting so excited about something that might turn into a graphic gore fest.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
              Can I be that cute when I'm that age? Please? It won't be long
              Yes, scari, you can.

Me, on the other hand, will never be that good looking. Which is perfectly fine, but makes me want to kick Amanda when she disses her own looks.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                Wow, you're more of a whimp than I am. I rank about a five. And I am so pleased to learn that I am not alone in my whimpishness.

I admit I have a hard time imagining Amanda getting excited about a project that would be classified as true "horror," though. Maybe I'm wrong. Didn't she say it was "sci-fi?" While they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive and the lines are often blurred or deliberately bent, fantasy, science fiction, and horror are often considered to be separate entities. You know, fantasy = elves, dwarves, swords, quests against evil wizards; science fiction = science-based fictional technology, future, spaceships, yadda, yadda; horror = ax murders, vampires, warewolves, zombies, and lots of stupid people dying in horrible ways.

The Santuary preview page looks more fantasy or horror-like to me than science fiction, but again, I just can't see Amanda getting so excited about something that might turn into a graphic gore fest.
                The page looks dark but it doesn't mean it will be horror. I'm also among the ones who can't stand it, especially if it's graphic (and we're studying horror movies at the moment in class but I just won't be able to watch the next one, I couldn't even watch the preview ) plus at the top of the page it is written "Sanctuary SCI FI series" so I don't know if it has something to do with the channel, the genre or what...

And I read somewhere (I can't remember where exactly sorry) that someone noticed that Amanda's character is crying on the image we got of Sanctuary... So I tried to scrutinize it lol but I can't really decide, what do you think ?
                sigpic

Comment

It's okay ... or a Build Your Very Own Spaceship kit. Then fast-forward to S10.

LOL

Comment

Your niece is beautiful, sorry I'm late but congratulations !!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                      For 9, Sky can take her to her first GABIT event.
                      She's a cutie, Sky.
                      lol, thanks

as to the dvd's and gabit??? my sister would likely kill me,slowly and painfully
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

lol, thanks

as to the dvd's and gabit??? my sister would likely kill me,slowly and painfully

Are you saying her noodle is bigger than yours?

Comment

Are you saying her noodle is bigger than yours?
                          HOLY MACARONI!

Comment

Speaking of horror films (and noodles) I say Amanda should star in THIS

Now come on - who's gonna try out for the part of the noodle? Admit it...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post

While the homepage does include the keywords "fantasy" and "horror", the show refers to itself in several places as a sci-fi series.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                                While the homepage does include the keywords "fantasy" and "horror", the show refers to itself in several places as a sci-fi series.
                                Well, I think Buffy would have qualified on all those fronts as well. I does look (genre-wise) as though it'll be a similar sort of deal - simply from the photo released thus far.

Comment

Working...
                                X