No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, I could not get onto Gateworld last night and I kept trying and trying and trying, then I had choir, and when I came back I still couldn't get onto GW. How mean

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
    Hi

Just dropping in to leave a link to my summary of Bounty:

Bounty - Full Summary - Major Spoilers

Have to say (mild Bounty spoilers)

Spoiler:

Loved the moment where Sam took out the guy after her with a plasma canon and that Sam, Daniel and Teal'c rescued the newbies. It just warmed my heart
    Spoiler:
    Aww, you've got to love the way they do that. Although I have to say when Sam, Teal'c and Daniel beamed in and I shouted out 'Holograms!'. LOL

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post

Oh (((Sally))). It was a tough thread for me to stomach at first, but there are a lot of Samandans who have visited and shown their support. It's wonderful to know that we will not be pushed down quietly

*Nods sagely*
    At least here, ya know we may not always agree on the how's, when's, and why's, but we are all agreed on the fact that Sam and Amanda are absolutely wonderful
    I went to that thread and I did try to keep the positivity about but I was actually upset by all the terrible comments that were being thrown about Amanda, so I gave up because it's not fair and I'm sure Amanda herself wouldn't take notice of it so we shouldn't really. We all know the truth!!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    you know what's cool? becky shares the birthday of the newest member of the family. i"m an auntie. 135am this morning, a healthy little girl
    Congratulations Sky!!! You know what this means, don't you? You'll be spending more money on this baby!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i just came over here to bask in the love of this thread. i just came from the 'tapping gates to atlantis' thread (or whatever it's called), and i'm sooooooooo sick of reading the haters... and it's not that i can't stand any criticism of sam/amanda, it's the *delivery* of it. there's criticism, and then there's annihilation.

in this thread, sam and amanda are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((( ))))

sally
    (((((((((Sally))))))))) I think it's the 'nasty' type of voice being used behind the comments that's the most off about it, the wording and respect isn't quite right. So sad. Stay here!

I personally am looking forward to seeing her on Atlantis! When I heard Stargate was canceled my immediate thoughts were 'oh no, no more Sam'.

Originally posted by tagger View Post
    Soooo, in all the waiting for Sanctuary info, I have discovered the following about the location:

It is extremely windy – over a week of steady, strong winds from N-NW and gusts strong enough to move chains and gates.

The society is advanced enough for metallurgy.

Haunted mansion décor is familiar, thus we can infer the planet topography may again be familiar.

The byproduct of burning (i.e. smoke) is red, therefore, we might be dealing with non - carbon based flora, fauna, or other life-forms. hehe

Roots grow very quickly.

Soon is not quantifiable.

And best of all, not new news, but added for happiness effect...

AT is one of the bosses!

*Nemoism: Just keep spinning, spinning, spinning…*
    Are these you're own deductions? Because if so they're very good, insightful and promising.

AT is in charge, makes it for worthwhile viewing all the way!!!

Wendy
    Hugs
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      Love the icons eve

you know what's cool? becky shares the birthday of the newest member of the family. i"m an auntie. 135am this morning, a healthy little girl
      Congrats Sky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
        Vampire? Yikes. I'm not big on scary or horror.
        Yep. Me too. If Sanctuary has too many horror aspects I'm gonna have to give it a pass. Amanda or not.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
          OMG, I could not get onto Gateworld last night and I kept trying and trying and trying, then I had choir, and when I came back I still couldn't get onto GW. How mean
          Wendy
          Hugs
          *wonders if she's looking in a mirror of sorts* That's the exact thing I did last night! I went to choir and then came home and tried to get onto GW. How weird is that?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            *happy dance*

Add my congrats to the list.

Oh, I'm willing to bet that ship sailed quite a while back. I bought more for the lil peeps before they were born than in the months after.

I highly recommend the book Guess How Much I Love You as an excellent baby gift. Because you love 'em all the way to the moon and back.

Auntie Sky does have such a nice ring to it.

I second the book! It was one of my daughter's favorite when she was younger. We still play a How Much I Love You game together at night in bed or driving in the car. She was quite proud of herself when she first told me that she loved me to Infinity and Beyond. But the fun part was actually explaining to her what infinity meant.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
              I second the book! It was one of my daughter's favorite when she was younger. We still play a How Much I Love You game together at night in bed or driving in the car. She was quite proud of herself when she first told me that she loved me to Infinity and Beyond. But the fun part was actually explaining to her what infinity meant.
              My middle one loves me more than sausages

*is so proud*

Great news, Sky. BABY!
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                *wonders if she's looking in a mirror of sorts* That's the exact thing I did last night! I went to choir and then came home and tried to get onto GW. How weird is that?
                That is so weird that it's almost creepy. LOL. Are you my twin?

*looks down at herself* Well, I'm still me!

On the bright side. YAY Choir.

Wendy
                Hugs
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Think about 'that' thread this way....someone obviously has nothign else to do with her life than spend hours a day on a forum bashing a fictional character.

Dunno bout you, but i certainly have more of a life than to obsess about how much it sucks that an actor is gonna be on a tv show.

They're likely there just to rouse the rabble and spew nastiness. So just ignore them. Kinda takes the wind out of thier little sails when the rabble they're trying to rouse ignores them.

IMHO, if they really wanted to talk and debate, they wouldn't be setting forth such a polarized POV as fact and truth.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Think about 'that' thread this way....someone obviously has nothign else to do with her life than spend hours a day on a forum bashing a fictional character.

Dunno bout you, but i certainly have more of a life than to obsess about how much it sucks that an actor is gonna be on a tv show.

They're likely there just to rouse the rabble and spew nastiness. So just ignore them. Kinda takes the wind out of thier little sails when the rabble they're trying to rouse ignores them.

IMHO, if they really wanted to talk and debate, they wouldn't be setting forth such a polarized POV as fact and truth.
                    Excellent point and absolutely true. A real debate involves facts and opinions being used with each other without all the over-emotional and nastiness. I enjoy debates but when it turns to something like that it ceases to be one and therefore no longer enjoyable.

I've never understood how people do that anyway. Why do people spend time publicly/online dissing a show, a person, an artist, a piece of music etc...? I've often seen reviews, posts (and not just on GW) that are written by someone who obviously, clearly, and definitely hates the subject they're talking about so why go through all the trouble of posting it?

If I don't like something I generally stay away from it altogether. Life is too short for that.

So I obviously enjoy Sam and Amanda because I come to this thread quite often.

Wendy
                    Hugs
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Well said, Sky. Nothing positive can come out of the public belittling of a real person's character or integrity where a fictional television entity is concerned. It's a rather small thing to say nothing, and hurt no one. A lot can be said for the integrity of someone who chooses that path. This isn't a forum where we're debating the polticism of our society and/or its leadership, politicians, etc. We're all here discussing a facet of fictional entertainment - no one's personal integrity should require decimation in order to make a point around here.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

*wanders in*

got some caps from Bounty...feel free to snurch and re-use...

Spoiler:

I'll make more soon...
                        *wanders out again....to make dinner...*
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler for Bounty:
                          Spoiler:
                          LOL! That half-smile/look of surprise when Dr. Lee went over to those women was hilarious! Amanda has such great expressions. I don't think I've seen that one before.

ETA: That middle pic in the above post is what I'm talking about! Might be like one frame off, but otherwise...
                          suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            Spoiler for Bounty:
                            Spoiler:
                            LOL! That half-smile/look of surprise when Dr. Lee went over to those women was hilarious! Amanda has such great expressions. I don't think I've seen that one before.

ETA: That middle pic in the above post is what I'm talking about! Might be like one frame off, but otherwise...
                            suse
                            Amanda's facial expressions could tell a story; no dialogue needed. That was one of my favourite bits in the episode for me

Wendy
                            Hugs
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

guys, enough of the other fans. Let them see/think/feel what they want

Let's get back to sam please

ok, someone who's seen bounty tell me this please
                              Spoiler:
                              did they give the name of his high school??? i gotta know, cause if it's mine, i'm gonna have a fit
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ok, someone who's seen bounty tell me this please
                                Spoiler:
                                did they give the name of his high school??? i gotta know, cause if it's mine, i'm gonna have a fit
                                Okay, so I've spent the past 10 minutes looking for you and ...

Spoiler:
                                But I couldn't find a name for the high school. But it didn't seem to be a real school to me... I could be wrong but it had that studio feel to it so I think you're gonna be okay on the fit side of things.

I didn't realise why exactly you would want to know that until I looked up at your location. LOL.

Wendy
                                Hugs
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X