Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
    Oh, I'll play!

I think the series is set in the future, and Sanctuary is the last safe haven in the galaxy. I'm betting that they are outcasts, possibly rebels fighting an oppressive regime. Amanda's character is probably their leader (or one of their leaders), and she holds the responsibility of taking care of her people as her highest priority. I'm thinking her character may be a cross between Laura Roslin, Princess Leah, and Xena.
    oh, i can't add to this game, other than i want something like this!

~there is really so much for amanda to be excited about in 2007~

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

doesn't it look like amanda's characters hair is odd? the top is brunett, but the bottom is blond... hmm...

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

doesn't it look like amanda's characters hair is odd? the top is brunett, but the bottom is blond... hmm...

sally

I think it is the just where the color is in the center of the picture. It is where the flames come up from the center of the animation before the image fades on the web site.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Hehe! Everyone I show the pic to asks "... is it Lucy Lawless?"

My friend in California (also completely nutty about SG) just completely denied it.

BL says:
          How about Xena

BL says:
          Or her on Battlestar

Neep, NZ Bad Girl, Eileen! says:
          nope

BL says:

WHo is it?

who am I absolutly nutty about?

BL says:

THATS NOT HER

BL says:
          That isn't her in the middle!!!

Similar reaction all round.

I think it's cool that she looks completely different. She is free to create an entirely different character without the casual viewer spotting her and going, "oooh, Carter!" I have absolute confidence in her to pull that off anyway, because she is such a great actress. But that brunette hair is just so hot on her! I wonder how long it will take us to get used to?
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            Ok here's a new little game...

From looking at the promo photo, what do you think the series will be about? What is Sanctuary?
            OK, first off, I saw that picture and probably looked at it twice before I realized it was AT. Which, I think, is a very cool thing. Going in a different direction with an edgy character and even something as seemingly small as different hair color is a bold move, and I'm digging it.

Though I will definitely be spreading the word about this show where I can, I hope they've been able to find a viable advertising outlet beyond the website and word of mouth. I think this is a really smart step towards maintaining a pulse on tech-savvy viewers all over the globe, and I wish them the best with this project. If they're among the ones paving the road for this type of entertainment, that is definitely something to be very proud of!

Anyway, back to Forever's game, well... The site had gates that are (obviously?) leading to a graveyard, and like CG and others have said, there are some serious demonic undertones. Maybe "Sanctuary" and the theme "Sanctuary for All" represents a sort of offering of a peaceful death, or sanctuary from death, or peace after death to those who seek it... Hmmm.

All I know is, I'm a gigantic scaredy-cat, so I think I'm gonna need to watch this series with the lights on.

Comment

Good night folks...I'm off for the night...gonna do some studying and then some light reading before bed...I think that Amanda looks great with dark hair...personally I prefer the blonde better but still she looks great!!
              I can't wait to see Sanctuary but I'm not sure how I'm gonna be able to download it at this time...I am so computer illiterate it's not funny!!
              Take care everyone, be safe and stay happy...and hug those loved ones of yours...coz really...LTS... (((Samanda)))
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                Hehe! Everyone I show the pic to asks "... is it Lucy Lawless?"
                Funny, because that was my double-take too. Ironically LL is naturally fair. It could just be the angle, but the resemblance struck me.
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                  Funny, because that was my double-take too. Ironically LL is naturally fair. It could just be the angle, but the resemblance struck me.
                  It reminds me of the first time I saw LL with blonde hair.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
                    Yeah the hair is kinda odd...but you are right with the bottom one...but then again it's AT...always good

And maybe it are just the effects of the poster or so...
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm so confuzzled

What's Sanctury? Is it really a TV internet show? Does that mean they'll be filming it like normal and then posting online?

I feel like I live with my head in the sand because I'd never even heard about it!

Amanda does look cool on the picture somewhere in this thread but when I saw her and the dark hair, looked at the oh so confussing website, I was ... very confussed.

Also, sometimes I can be slow...

Wendy
                      Hugs
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        I'm so confuzzled

What's Sanctury? Is it really a TV internet show? Does that mean they'll be filming it like normal and then posting online?

I feel like I live with my head in the sand because I'd never even heard about it!

Amanda does look cool on the picture somewhere in this thread but when I saw her and the dark hair, looked at the oh so confussing website, I was ... very confussed.

Also, sometimes I can be slow...

Wendy
                        Hugs
                        Don't worry! We are all just hearing about it. This is her big "mystery project"

I can't wait
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                          Don't worry! We are all just hearing about it. This is her big "mystery project"

I can't wait
                          Oh, oh, so I'm meant to be confused!

Well it's certainly working in the "mystery" department. Now I know I'm not the only one in the confused boat, I'm assured it won't sink, I feel better now.

Good.

So is it an internet show then? Or is it TV with an internet page? Does anybody know that one yet? Can't wait till we know more.

Wendy
                          Hugs
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Thanks Famantha, great pic
                            and me being who I am, couldn't help but caption one of them
                            I don't think I've posted this here: (spoilers for OT, pic from Nemesis)
                            Spoiler:

Her hands were actually a bit closer, but men do tend to exagerate about the size of their fish.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              Spoiler:

Her hands were actually a bit closer, but men do tend to exagerate about the size of their fish.
                              LMAO. That is true, that they do.

Wendy
                              Hugs
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                Spoiler:

Why do I get the feeling we're so headed into doohickey land again?
                                sigpic
                                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Working...
                                X