Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
    I'd rather have Amanda start a blog. Kept nudging her at AT2 to consider it.
    I agree with this, I would love to read a blog by AT.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
      I love the Sam and Janet scenes in 2010, but I think my all time favourite is their scene in Frozen, discussing the fish. I could watch them on a loop for hours
      i'm getting a complete blank on what scene you're talking about. please share.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starrgazer

Squeeee is such a great word! I love it! I am very excited. A little nervous, because I've not acted in front of so many people - but sooo excited.
        Oh yeah. The first time you're just about to step out, the sheer terror, racing heartbeat, and then you're out there with five hundred+ people, the lights are up, there's no turning back - and suddenly you're not you anymore...the fear melts totally away, and all that's left is energy like the most powerful drug in the world. An utterly amazing thing, stage fright. I don't think there's a way to give a great performance without it!
        Last edited by minigeek; 26 January 2007, 06:58 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          *raises hand, hopes mini got my pm* Have decided to join in the Samandan fun
          I knew the idea of meeting Amanda in a public restroom would get to you.

Have a blast!

Comment

Wow, gategirl422! That is amazing! We have such a talented group here in Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
              I knew the idea of meeting Amanda in a public restroom would get to you.
              I really don't think we'll see Amanda anywhere but on stage, but that is something I've hoped to see happen for a while now so I'm very thrilled she's going to be performing so close to home, I'll tell ya. Just awesome. And starrgazer, too. Hey starr, if you're not averse to it, I'd love it if you'd PM me and let me know who you are so we'll know who we're looking for in the programme!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                Wish I could. Getting on a train to Vancouver. Lifetime's ambition being achieved here.

Kay aka Mumsey
                Kay you are going to love the train trip from Toronto to Vancouver. A former band leader of mine owned his own private train car and we took this trip together of a few other band members in his train car. But we started in Florida and spent a month and a half traveling around the US by train - then on to Canada and back to Florida. I love train travel.

Mini I look forward to a report on the show in March. As much as I would love to attend with all the work I have missed the last two weeks with getting pneumonia there is no way I can miss work.

As for the internet series - I know that is something a number of different people are looking at exploring. I talked with a friend today that owns a production company in CA. They are gearing up to deliver their next movie via internet and direct to DVD. Plus he is also co-owner of a web based company that sells DVD's - they will be set up in the next few months to have a system very much like what Netflix is gearing up to do with movies on demand via the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post

Mini I look forward to a report on the show in March. As much as I would love to attend with all the work I have missed the last two weeks with getting pneumonia there is no way I can miss work.
                  For sure, tsax. Looks like there's about five of us, so far, so it'll be an intimate little party. But we'll have a blast for sure. I've never gotten to know anyone from this thread I didn't dig - totally.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                    I really don't think we'll see Amanda anywhere but on stage, but that is something I've hoped to see happen for a while now so I'm very thrilled she's going to be performing so close to home, I'll tell ya. Just awesome. And starrgazer, too. Hey starr, if you're not averse to it, I'd love it if you'd PM me and let me know who you are so we'll know who we're looking for in the programme!
                    Ooooh should we get matching Samanda T-shirts
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      Ooooh should we get matching Samanda T-shirts

Comment

i finally got to see TRNT
                        Spoiler:

first, it was too short. they just had too much story. if hte au earth was so 'bad' adn controlled, we only got a hint of it. I think it really needed anotehr half to really build up the betrayal of trust and the true 'evil' of the world. not to mention to fully explore just how 'bad' things could be...and just how 'good' 'real' sam has it.

I do agree that it was odd that no one in the au seemed to care that sam had died. maybe that could have been addressed. although i do 'get it' since sam wasn't really dead as much as she was exchanged.

it was good, but the ending was too quick and too trite. little too neatly packaged up.

what i would have loved to have seen would be our sam sneaking away...successfully. breaking vala out of area 51, using vala to get back into the sgc, to get the merlin device...or to steal the au's merlin device from their area 51 and get herself home, leaving earth to its own devices...like perhaps taking hte power source out of hers and leaving earth to the ori

I enjoyed it, but i file it away as an other missed opportunity

the good

i loved seeing lorne. i like that the otehrs were mentioned. it was nice to see hammond again.

sam/amanda looked hot

but over all i found the eps decent but lacking
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I saw TRNT today. All I can say is
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam rocks!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday NELL!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                              Oh! He's adorable, too. My pups are my kids, they're just completely family. Couldn't imagine life without 'em! Thanks for posting that, Coley (and 1Speed!)

Hugs!
                              geek (giddy as a kiddie about the upcoming "Samanda in T.O. Slumber Party" this March! )

Since everyone seems to be showing pictures of their puppies, I figured I'd do the same. Just ignore the munchkin lying behind the dog. It's very rare when I get a shot where she's not center stage and Cocoa is actually sitting still. LoL.

Cocoa
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 26 January 2007, 09:02 PM.

Comment

joe's answered some more questions from his blog -

~~~

Trini writes: “…many SGA fans fear that the enormous growth Rodney has shown over the seasons will be nullified; they fear that, since Rodney is rather smitten with Sam, he would have eyes only for her and care only about her, instead of about Sheppard and his team. Are there any reassurances you could offer us? Will the friendship between the members of Sheppard's team still be developed once Carter has joined Atlantis?”

Answer: Carter’s entering the mix will certainly make for some fun interactions between the two, but the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy relationship. As for the friendship between Sheppard’s team - we already have some stories in the works.

Anonymous writes: “ Is there any chance of Jack O'neill visiting Atlantis again in season four?”

Answer: There’s a chance, sure.

Anonymous writes: “Can you at least tell us if Carter being on Atlantis is going to reduce her participation in the SG-1 movies?”

Answer: Nope. Carter will be a very active participant in both SG-1 movies.

~~~

alright, i'm a happy camper!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X