Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
    So is this the Strix rule? I couldn't just leave Teal'c running off in terror without a reasonable explanation. And Julia started the story writing from Jack's perspective, so I took it that we didn't have to stay in Sam's POV...
    You did fine Strix, you had Teal'c and Sam And remember just because its a Sam fic, doesn't mean the other characters have to be wall paper...because we don't write like TPTB
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

My results to "Which Stargate character are you?"

No big suprises for me.
      Dr. Janet Frasier 90%
      Daniel 65%
      Sam 60% (lol, I'm suprised it was that high since I'm so technologically challenged)
      Teal'c 50%
      Thor 50%
      followed by Hammond, Jack, and Goa'uld

It is hubby's day off, so I made asked him to take the test. Hubby's results were a bit suprising, since he said Fercryinoutloud in the middle I was sure he'd get Jack but he got...
      Hammond 65%
      Janet 60%
      Jack 58%
      Daniel 58%
      Teal'c 51%
      followed by Thor, Sam, then goa'uld.

Daugher was Daniel at 75%, Sam at 70%, Thor at 55%
      Son was Sam at 82%, Jack at 80%, Daniel at 70%.
      Yes, they did the quiz during their recess time.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
        Well I'm 1% away from being Sam ... I'm actually Daniel with Thor coming in thrid (Thor at 47% huh?) LOL maybe I should be more worried about the 8% Goa'uld

Daniel Jackson 55%
        Samantha Carter 54%
        Thor 47%
        Jack O'Neill 40%
        Dr. Frasier 40%
        Teal'c 36%
        General Hammond 35%
        A Goa'uld 8%
        There seems to be a suspicious amount of Goa'uld in some of us... I got 8% too! I'm 85% Sam and 84% Daniel

MegYn

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
          You know, if everyone does 1000 words, this is going to end up as a 25-30,000 word monster.
          No problem. I can assure you mine will be much, much less than a thousand words.

Also, I agree with Mandy. You did good Strix. We needed to know what was happening with the others. Put them in danger, so Sam can save their butts later.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
            There seems to be a suspicious amount of Goa'uld in some of us... I got 8% too! I'm 85% Sam and 84% Daniel

MegYn

I think the goa'uld section is rigged, because everyone in my family had a bit in them (last place thankfully).

It is interesting how many scored high in the Sam range.

Comment

Just stopping by to say

Happy New Year!

Hope this year brings everyone love and happiness.
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                My results.

Samantha Carter - 95%
                Daniel Jackson - 79%
                Thor - 57%
                Jack O'Neill - 56%
                General Hammond - 55%
                Dr. Frasier - 50%
                Teal'c - 47%
                A Goa'uld - 10%
                My Results:

Samantha Carter - 90%
                Jack O'Neill - 74%
                Thor - 62%
                Daniel Jackson - 59%
                General Hammond - 45%
                Teal'c - 42%
                Dr. Frasier - 30%
                A Goa'uld - 18%

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  adds chelle to the list.

as to 'over' how far over are we talking? I know mine was 1059 or something like that. a wee bit over. i think the main reason for the 1000 word limit is to keep one person from basically hijacking the whole thing
                  *eep*

But I had an idea and I couldn't let go of it!!!

*Ooooooober hangs her head in shame*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

what everyone has said. I just c/p Kamil's origianl post, but the fic doesnt' have to be all sam pov to be about her. and the other pov's are necessary

Oobs hon, how over are you? I don't think it'll be too much of an issue since we have others that are gonna come in less than 1000, we just can't make a habit of each person writing 3-5000 words each. It'd take a while and wouldn't be fair
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Got a bit of Jack, Sam and Hammond. Considering the military would be the last occupation I would consider, it's interesting that the my first three are all military

Jack O'Neill 67%
                      Samantha Carter 60%
                      General Hammond 60%
                      Daniel Jackson 57%
                      Thor 50%
                      Teal'c 40%
                      Dr. Frasier 25%
                      A Goa'uld 5%

Spoiler:

He, He -- I know something you don't.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Just caught up with the story stream and wanted to say great job Strix. It's necessary to see what happens to da boyz. We need to see how they get into a mess so that our gal can fix it

MegYn
                        sigpic

Comment

ok guys, how about, just so taht we know we can get this story done by Valentine's (with Easter as a fallback date) how about we put a cap on joining of this friday

Basically, anyone that wants to join, please do it by friday. If you don't join by friday then decide that you want to, you can have two options, swap out with someone, or see if someone else wants a co-writer-- in other words, we keep the same number of slots, just assign it to different people.

We do want to make sure that Julia and Kamil have time to write their parts along with being able to give this baby a good proof read before it's posted.

also, if the graphics people want to make thier cover match the subject matter, they need some time to create.

Now if you're a potential writer and real life rears its ugly head, just let me know and we can swap you out with someone else. That's not an issue at all.

As to being 'sam centric'...well i think most people here call The Hidden One - by our very own gracie - to be very much a sam fic, yet there are whole chapters and segments that she's not even in. Just becasue it's sam centric does not mean it has to be her pov, it just means that it needs to be about her or center around her.

The word limit...ok,oobers is gonna be long. Happens. Sometimes the plot jsut runs away with you. And it'll be fine. But we do need to try to keep it close to 1000 words. I'm not gonna count them, i'm not gonna tell someone 'go away and rewrite' unliess its' really, really long. But let's please remember that we do want this to be collaborative without any one person writing, oh 26% of it or something.

Please try to keep your scene short, but don't lose sleep over those extra 237 words.

mmhm, anything else???
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                            My Results:

Samantha Carter - 90%
                            Jack O'Neill - 74%
                            Thor - 62%
                            Daniel Jackson - 59%
                            General Hammond - 45%
                            Teal'c - 42%
                            Dr. Frasier - 30%
                            A Goa'uld - 18%
                            Umm, Ooobs, your goa'uld percentage seems just a bit high............but that's o.k.........don't want to get on your bad side or anything.... ....actually your goa'uld percentage is just perfect.

Obviously, I'm playing Oobs. My goa'uld was 10% and the highest in my family.
                            Last edited by Gate gal; 03 January 2007, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                              Umm, Ooobs, your goa'uld percentage seems just a bit high....:aphophis:........but that's o.k.........don't want to get on your bad side or anything.... ....actually your goa'uld percentage is just perfect.
                              I think it was the "tormenting" question. Do you like to torment others.

And I do. Not in a harakesh/painstick kind of way of course. But I do like to torment people by teasing them about something I've done or have gotten them as a gift or something, where they don't know what it is...but I do. *snickers*

What can I say? I'm pure EEEEEEEVIL.

*insert maniacal laugh here*

Comment

My results:-

Daniel Jackson 57%
                                Jack O'Neill 55%
                                Samantha Carter 52%
                                Teal'c 27%
                                Thor 27%
                                Dr. Frasier 25%
                                General Hammond 10%
                                A Goa'uld 5%

Guess this means I'm sarcastically nerdy...

Comment

Working...
                                X