No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit confussed, there are so many rumours flying around, its kinda sad that its come to this point IMHO. I don't want to upset anyone but, I really don't want to see a 3rd SG show, I would love to see ALL the actors move on to new things. I wouldn't watch "the D/V show" no offence to MS and CB.
    IMO, TPTB burned their Stargate TV series bridges with the mess they made of S9 and S10. Maybe the movies will be better *we can only hope*
    I would rather remember great actors/characters and stories, than the SG "flop", that would be more upsetting. But thats just MHO.

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

This is totally OT so I'll beg everyone's indulgence but I *really* wanted to share with you guys (because it's adorable!!). My sister dressed my niece up for me when I came over this afternoon to "show me" her halloween costume (she's 2!). And she was so CUTE!!! lol I had to take a photo and share. (Spoiler tags for those who don't care)

Spoiler:

She was so excited about wearing the costume again, I just wanted to eat her! (well not really, but you get the idea!) Hee.
      Last edited by minigeek; 16 December 2006, 12:39 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Mini she looks adorable. It takes me back when mine was that age. Going out Trick or Treating.

Comment

Amanda is a talented actress who hasn't had a chance to stretch her acting muscles for a quite a while. She made a comment a few years ago about wanting to play a character that doesn't wear combat boots. Although she did have that movie on Lifetime a while back, I doubt that's what she had in mind. Although she's too gracious to make a negative comment about it to her fans, I'll bet she'd been bored out of her skull with the limitations of her job. Think of the episodes she's done in the last couple of years and compare it to the artistic and technical demands of episodes she's done in the past such as "Point of View," "Gemini" and, yes, "Resurrection." I don't think it's a coincidence her character was the use for the multiples in "Ripple Effect." (Every rule has its exceptions.)

I'd like to see her do something completely different. I think it was Rick who said years ago that she'd be wonderful in a sitcom. I can see it. I can also see her as the ultimate simpering girly-girl. What can I say; the woman has range. I'll watch her in pretty much anything she does, with the exception of blood-and-guts or horror. I watched her in her last movie (OMG, let's disarm the victim before the perp!), and I will even admit to owning "The Void" in public.

Whatever she does next, I hope, for her sake, it's not boring.
          Last edited by scifithinker; 16 December 2006, 08:38 AM. Reason: Typos and tenses are so annoying sometimes.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            Amanda is a talented actress who hasn't had a chance to stretch her acting muscles for a quite a while. She made a comment a few years ago about wanting to play a character that doesn't wear combat boots. Although she did have that movie on Lifetime a while back, I doubt that's what she had in mind. Although she's too gracious to make a negative comment about it to her fans, I'll bet she'd been bored out of her skull with the limitations of her job. Think of the episodes she's done in the last couple of years and compare it to the artistic and technical demands of episodes she's done in the past such as "Point of View," "Gemini" and, yes, "Resurrection." I don't think it's a coincidence her character was the use for the multiples in "Ripple Effect." (Every rule has its exceptions.)

I'd like to see her do something completely different. I think it was Rick who said years ago that she'd be wonderful in a sitcom. I can see it. I can also see her as the ultimate simpering girly-girl. What can I say; the woman has range. I'll watch her in pretty much anything she does, with the exception of blood-and-guts or horror. I watched her in her last movie (OMG, let's disarm the victim before the perp!), and I will even admit to owning "The Void" in public.

Whatever she does next, I hope, for her sake, it's not boring.

Well, it looks like the potential series is scifi---which is fine with me because I love scifi! I can't wait to hear what type of character she will play. I can't believe we have to wait until February to hear about the details!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
              Brilliant crime solver is cool but I hope they don't go too far and make her a Carter part 2 though. I'd love to see her stretch her acting wings a bit.
              id' say let someone else be the geek, let her be the cop. the one in charge.

I know scifi is fun, but i'd lov to see her get out of scifi simply because the industry at large is so biased against it that, if she cares, she'll never be taken seriously as long as she's on a scifi show.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              and you know what's so wacked here? *they*, the ptb, decided to bring back vala before the fans' reactions to her. which explains why she's been literally given the show, even though SO many fans had probs with her.

sally
              that's cause, imho, the boys at scifi that were calling the shots didn't give a dang about how she was received. all they cared about was Fargateing the show. and since claudia was one of two hugely popular characters on a show that skiffy mucked with and got hundreds/thousands of fans ticked off enough to write in to get the mini series, hey let's use her to pump up stargate. farscape was popular, stargate is popular...mix the two togethre and we'll get something HUGELY popular

course they totally discounted the fact that

a) many scapers wrote multiple letters, thus number of letters received does not equal number of ticked off fans

b) many scapers are a discriminating lot and actually wanted to see their actress in something that did her a nice job...not just boobs with a smart mouth

c) the best actress in the world can't save crappy stories
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hey look, i found a 'good' fic out of the ficathon

http://surrealphantast.livejournal.com/273714.html

lovely little sam/teal'c ficcie. and it's even a holiday one

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i think you're getting confused

Chris Judge wrote Changling. the one with fire fighter sam and ascended daniel visiting

Michael Shanks wrote REsurrection, which Amanda also directed. it featured the NID, a cloned girl and a goa'uld...and also had a huge crane shot in it.
                  That's the one I'm talking about - Resurrection. Was the post about Changling? Sorry, I was talking about Resurrection.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  Yeah, I think Scarimor was saying that despite the script for Ressurection having it's weaknesses, Amanda was able to turn into something that was not too bad at all.
                  Yes, and the bad plot-hole I referred to was the scene in which Daniel gives the locked-up hybrid a LIT CANDLE for meditation purposes; with all that nice paper at her disposal too MS made Daniel look, well, none too bright with that
                  Last edited by scarimor; 16 December 2006, 02:00 PM.
                  scarimor

Comment

but, but, but, he looked so cute when he did the 'i'm so sensitive, talk to me' with the girl

actually, what i found so incredibly funny about resurrection was, in the past MS had always been the strongest critic of earth based, NID episodes.

and what does he write????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                      Also, count me in with the other warriors! DO NOT DIS AMANDA! We Samandans are a loyal tribe and we'll take you down!
                      And here's another warrior, ready to join the tribe

Spoiler:

pic made by JanSam
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

but, but, but, he looked so cute when he did the 'i'm so sensitive, talk to me' with the girl

actually, what i found so incredibly funny about resurrection was, in the past MS had always been the strongest critic of earth based, NID episodes.

Was he a critic of Earth-based, NID episodes on principle or of the fact that Daniel usually had little to do in such episodes?

Because Daniel wasn't exactly hiding away in a dark corner knitting sweaters in "Resurrection".

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

course they totally discounted the fact that

a) many scapers wrote multiple letters, thus number of letters received does not equal number of ticked off fans

b) many scapers are a discriminating lot and actually wanted to see their actress in something that did her a nice job...not just boobs with a smart mouth

c) the best actress in the world can't save crappy stories
                          There were no small children around to point this out to them?

Comment

I believe that TPTB told MS that he needed to write an NID episode. I don't think he would have chosen this, but he was told to do this type of episode. This is what I remember reading anyway.

TPTB seemed to tell MS what to write, and then give AT an episode to direct that had a lot of Sam in it. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                              I believe that TPTB told MS that he needed to write an NID episode. I don't think he would have chosen this, but he was told to do this type of episode. This is what I remember reading anyway.

TPTB seemed to tell MS what to write, and then give AT an episode to direct that had a lot of Sam in it. Go figure.
                              And yet, she was able to do such a superb job, that it garnered her a best director nomination
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                And yet, she was able to do such a superb job, that it garnered her a best director nomination
                                An extremely well deserved one, especially considering what she was working with.

Comment

Working...
                                X