Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    that's my hunch too

some of the decisions were solely made by the B@B, but i do think some 'oh so wise' network folks were also directing them what to do.

it may also be a case of 'you must do x' or 'you must cast x' and then it was up to the B@B to fulfill the network directives.
    Yes, I feel the same way. However, HOW the B@B fulfill the network directives is up to the B@B. I've seen it done better in other shows.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      I can't do scam, I can't. I'm sorry! I've tried. SCam and SamDan are the only two so far that I get friendly with the bucket over.
      I'm with you, minigeek.

*wanders off to conjure up appropriate torture for SS*

*plans out attack to free SS's S/J muse*
      -

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
        *evil dimpled grin* Mwwwaaaahahahahaha!

Well... I did say this thread was to blame, didn't I?

But if I can tempt you.... there is, from mid-point forward, a good amount of S/J... S4 BTS S/J scenes & still unresolved S/J attraction & issues did provide a lot of good conflict/angst to work off of...

*lures Auntie Sally to the dark side*

(If it helps.... Am still working on a Sam/Cam and the final sequel to the Sam/Jack Choices series... the Sam/Teal'c {friendship!} fic is with beta right now...)

*waves pocket watch at Sal...... the Dark Side..... The Darrrrrk Sssssside... you shall slide over to the Darrrrk Sssside!*

(((Sal)))

it ain't gonna work, shim. when i DO go darkside, i do pairings like x/y and w/p and o/e and other taboo thingers.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
          OMG!!!! My (fairly newly hired) boss just came into my office, looked at my bulletin board, and commented that Amanda Tapping was one of his favorite actors.

"I just love Stargate," he said.

I stared at him, thinking, I'm hallucinating. I MUST be hallucinating.

"Sam is my favorite character, but I think my son likes her even more than I do."

*blink, blink*

OMG!
          Very cool - one of my autograph's at AT2 was for a fellow teacher that is a big fan of Amanda as well. We have started getting together at least once a month to watch episodes together.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I have to admit. It is a little funny that we're all squeeing because Strix "found a Stargate fan!" outside of gateworld. Hehehehe

Ya mean them critters are REAL?!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I have to admit. It is a little funny that we're all squeeing because Strix "found a Stargate fan!" outside of gateworld. Hehehehe

LOL it's funny but there is a group of 5 other teachers plus myself that all watch SG1 - but I'm the only one that is into online fandom so they usually ask every so often if there is any new info about upcoming episodes. I do think one of them may go to Grand Slam con in Burbank in April.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

And...and....he's a man
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

*dons cute little Spazzy accent*

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

What a day today's been. I've just walked in (Yes, it's ten past one in the morning) after a long day of work, work and departmental meetings and Christmas dinners (our boss paid for all our drinks etc! Well impressed!) and I've got a huge smile on my face thanks to all of you kind, lovely and awesome people. You know who you are and why. Thank you.

Now I've escaped the dreaded marking, work do and mothering combo (my mentor has taken it upon herself to become a second mother to me and is quite upset at the fact that she's - in her words - "losing her adopted daughter" next week, so she's increasing her displays of affection tenfold)... anyway, now I've escaped, it's time to tell you a cute story from today.

I was on the bus from school to the ferry and this gorgeous little 18 month old boy was sat opposite. Really bubbly, he leaned out of his pushchair and said "hello". So I smiled and said hello back.

"Watch Bobidder?" he asked excitedly. I pondered the question for a moment before replying, "No, I don't watch Bob the Builder, I don't have time anymore." I acted upset and he told me, "Bobidder cool. Must watch Bobbidder." I nodded and smile.

Two minutes later, the little chatterbox started again. "Staget. Watch Staget." I looked puzzled but smiled enthusiastically. The little boy clapped his hands in delight and squealed. "Staget coooooooool. Sacatter. Staget Sacatter."

I was completely baffled at this point. I bet you guys have worked it out already, but this little jabbering tot had me lost.

"Sacatter! You like Sacatter?"

"I'm sorry," apologised his mother. "He seems to be obsessed with this TV show called Stargate. It happened to be on one night and this show just sent him into a kind of daze, he was fascinated. Anyway, it was this one character in particular that seemed to pacify him, Sam Carter. That's what he's trying to tell you. Stargate, Sam Carter. Now, listening to Sam is part of his bedtime routine. It chills him out and he won't go to sleep without it. It's like a lullaby for him!"

I thought that was the cutest story!
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    And...and....he's a man
                    An older man, even... And I would never have pegged him for a sci-fi fan, but he watches BSG and Dr. Who, too, apparently.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      Two minutes later, the little chatterbox started again. "Staget. Watch Staget." I looked puzzled but smiled enthusiastically. The little boy clapped his hands in delight and squealed. "Staget coooooooool. Sacatter. Staget Sacatter."

I was completely baffled at this point. I bet you guys have worked it out already, but this little jabbering tot had me lost.

"I'm sorry," apologised his mother. "He seems to be obsessed with this TV show called Stargate. It happened to be on one night and this show just sent him into a kind of daze, he was fascinated. Anyway, it was this one character in particular that seemed to pacify him, Sam Carter. That's what he's trying to tell you. Stargate, Sam Carter. Now, listening to Sam is part of his bedtime routine. It chills him out and he won't go to sleep without it. It's like a lullaby for him!"

that's adorable!!!! your story just totally made my night.
                      Last edited by LtColonelSamC; 12 December 2006, 04:38 PM. Reason: snipped for space

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                      My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                      My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                      My Stargate Videos
                      It's meant to be!

Comment

That's ADORABLE! LOL Sacatter. Someone's new GW signon, I think.

Comment

Looks like Sam appeals to young males after all.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

That's ADORABLE! LOL Sacatter. Someone's new GW signon, I think.
                            Oh, I'm sorely tempted to beg Sky!

(joke! sky, breathe, honey! it's okay, it was a joke. in, out, in, out. that's right.)
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I was on the bus from school to the ferry and this gorgeous little 18 month old boy was sat opposite. Really bubbly, he leaned out of his pushchair and said "hello". So I smiled and said hello back.

"Watch Bobidder?" he asked excitedly. I pondered the question for a moment before replying, "No, I don't watch Bob the Builder, I don't have time anymore." I acted upset and he told me, "Bobidder cool. Must watch Bobbidder." I nodded and smile.

What a smart child!

When I have insomnia, I put on "Solitudes." I have to have my head facing away from the TV so I don't actually watch, but listening to it almost always puts me out by the end of the episode.
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                                What a smart child!

When I have insomnia, I put on "Solitudes." I have to have my head facing away from the TV so I don't actually watch, but listening to it almost always puts me out by the end of the episode.
                                Most of season nine works that way for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X