Awwwwwww!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      for all of you that couldn't go, here is the pic we got at avalon

http://www.avalon2006.co.uk/

the only difference is that ours is signed

aren't they gorgous together? such fast and wonderful friends
      Wow what a lovely picture and thankyou Sky for posting it from a fan who could not go.
      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        OK, everybody together now...

Awwwwwww!!

Hehe. Well, that's one word that came to mind.

Comment

Oh wow! I love that picture. Thank you so much for sharing the link so we could all see it. It really is a wonderful picture.

Comment

Oh WOW they do look great together!! Thanks for posting the wonderful picture and they do appear to be great friends!!! THANKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              I do believe that if Amanda were here, she would say:

Sicko! There's always one!

( )

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

( )

mg
                *gasp*

I was gonna say that the other word was, "Wow!!" Honest!

Comment

( )

mg
                  I'm going to be quoting that forever, and I wasn't even there.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      AT posted a message on her web site last time, so that's what I'd trust. I have a feeling if she does have another baby, she'll post a message there (if and when she's ready).
                      That's all well and good, but just because (imho) she posts information like that does not mean she's giving us the green light to discuss it online. It's more informing her fans.

I don't doubt that if she wants to let her fans know she'll post it on her site...cause Amanda is cool like that.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

( )

mg
                        *gasp*

I was gonna say that the other word was, "Wow!!" Honest!

Come on Spazzy, you roomed with Mini, and now it seems all your secrets are coming out
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Come on Spazzy, you roomed with Mini, and now it seems all your secrets are coming out
                          Hey Spazzy... show 'em what Ambermoon and I taught ya that one night... go on, show 'em..... ! Hehehe!

WHAT?!

Yes, it's rather sad. We corrupted the poor kid. I think it's safe to say she'll never be the same again..........

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                            Try finding pink (yes, pink) camo material for a Gate (bed)room. Everything premaid for little girls is Barbie, Princess, Brats. Those things are cute, and my daughter has lots of that kind of thing but it really isn't sending out much of a message to little girls. I don't want my daughter growing up thinking anything is off limits to her just because she was born a girl. I want her to reach her full potential whatever it is (preferably M.D. but...) without buying into the stereotypes. (Man, it's 2006 and we're still dealing with stereotypes.) I'm my dad's only child, and he swears (and mom confirms) that he never wanted a little boy. He wanted to raise his daughter to not only survive in a man's world (ugh, I so wanted to word that differently) but run it. I did the career thing and now I've chosen to do the stay at home mommy thing. I want all those options for my daughter too, and I have a feeling that's the way Amanda's Dad felt too. We need characters like Sam Carter for this next generation to look up to, and we need women like Amanda in the public eye making it happen.

Sorry, didn't mean to let my feminist side show. I just get a little emotional when I think about stereotypes for women.

BTW, Jen I wish we lived closer together so our kids could have a play date. I think they'd get along really well.

This is a great post, Gg. As were the previous about this whole "being a girl" thing. I have to admit, my own granddaughters are getting indoctrinated to the Princess and Barbie myths but my daughter and I always try to put a twist on the fairy-tale endings and remind the girls that Fiona in Shrek was pretty good at handling herself in some hand-to-hand combat. The girls realize that it's cool to be strong enough to rescue the prince instead.

When I had tea with Amanda, I told her that I work with young students and I've been so thankful for Sam Carter as a viable role model, showing young girls that they can aspire to be scientists and soldiers and just about anything they would like to attempt. Amanda knows that this is an important part of Sam's popularity and she's worked hard to keep her real.

Now, it's all well and good that we teach our sons to welcome women into their world but I have to admit gender roles are deeply ingrained. Years ago, my little guy (about three years old and in awe of his big sister) insisted on wearing one of her pink tutus as his Halloween costume. Enlightened woman that I was, I honored his wishes and dressed him in pink and got him ready to go trick or treating. At the last minute, I ran back into his room, picked up his holster and gun and buckled it around his tutu!! I just couldn't walk the walk!!

On another note here, the whole SA scenario ... Amanda is very concerned about how Sam will be seen in the Atlantis episodes and she is very aware of the SA fans' loyalties to their existing characters. I know she is hoping that the writers produce good material that allows both worlds to co-exist and that Sam is able to add something of merit to the Pegasus galaxy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed too.

Comment

Hey Spazzy... show 'em what Ambermoon and I taught ya that one night... go on, show 'em..... ! Hehehe!

<snipped to avoid Teh Noodle>

Yes, it's rather sad. We corrupted the poor kid. I think it's safe to say she'll never be the same again..........
                              Trauma doesn't even begin to describe it.

Heh. I SAID I was edumacated that weekend!

Comment

Hey guys, a little off topic, but some news of personal note for me.

I've finally received my sponsored confirmation today as a member of WIFTI (Women in Film and Television International). Nothing huge, of course, but a big deal for me since I'd allowed myself to become somewhat disillusioned with the industry in general over the past while and hadn't been chasing some of the headier goals I wanted to as actively as I should have been as a result. Well, I woke up. This is a way I can start to give back a bit too, and hopefully work with others towards making some much needed advancements instead of wallowing like a dope.

So... yay me! Thought I'd share my little epiphany. And, you know, spread the love!

Hugs,
                                geek
                                very cool. i never knew such an organisation existed, and it turns out there's an irish chapter too. i'll have to look into joining that when i'm a little bit more involved in the industry.

Comment

Working...
                                X