Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    During the auction they had a 200th episode poster and hat up for auction that Amanda braught with her from Vancouver. The whole cast was given these for the 200th episode. As she was talking about it she said that when they were at the 200th party - RDA was asked how his character had changed over the 10 years and he pointed at the poster which has the current cast along with RDA, TR, and DD on it but has Ben Browder front and center and said that used to be me the big guy up front now I'm the little guy in the back. On the poster O'Neill is off to the right side and smaller than the pictures in front. Sorry I did not get a picture of the poster but maybe someone else did and you can see what it looks like.
    I've got a pic of her as she pointed with her index finger over Mitchell. Haven't downloaded both memory cards yet. (Only had enough energy when I got home around 8 p.m. to love the dogs up and get on here to prop my feet fully up!) Hope to get it downloaded tomorrow or sometime before the end of the weekend since things will get hectic when I get back to work next Monday.
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      Oops. No, I was probably not clear. I meant that I don't even think Jack is in the final epsiode (personal conjecture, I don't know for sure). So that comment was meant to impart that the final episode would have nothing to do with Sam and Jack, as a result. Little too vague I suppose, people are probably looking for hidden meanings in everything these days too. lol No hidden anything in my comments, just what I was thinking. That's all.

mg
      Oh, ok. Good. Glad to confirm my own stupidity then. Unless there's something more to your saying that there's nothing more to what you're saying. In which case, I need to figure out what you're saying. Unless you've already said it. In that case, forget it--what you said, that is. You know what I'm saying?

Comment

i have a find...

http://wolfling.livejournal.com/2520...66726#t2266726

the idea is that you reply to the first post as an anonymous person-so you don't have to have an lj to reply. (The first post is the one where they say who the person is.) I typed mine like, 5 hours ago-(its still the last one on the list), so I thought I would share it here! Theres others like this for the other stargate women, but they all have a bunch more than Sam and I wanted to get her numbers up a little.

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
        My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
        My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
        My Stargate Videos
        It's meant to be!

Comment

Here are a few more cast spoilers for Atlantis - please remember that these are reports from friends I did not hear them in person from the source
          Spoiler:
          AT both Collectormania and the Burbank con the romur was confirmed that Beckett will be leaving SGA in the second half of S3 however reportedly by N J Smith he will be making return for some episode in the future. David H. also said he would be departing as a full time cast member this season.

In Burbank David H. also said that Michael Beach has joined the cast of SGA. It is unclear at this point if he will be on SGA full time or recurring.

I love Tony Bennett

atlantis spoilers
          Spoiler:
          are you meaning that david h, HIMSELF, is leaving as a full time casy member?

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
            Oh come on, everybody likes to be, ahem, niggled once in a while. It's "cathartic".
            I haven't been niggled in a while now.

Wait...what are we talking about again?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

WEll said my lack of sleep friend. I'm a shipper I want a resolution, but to be honest can tptb actually do it any justice?? Doubtful. I think only Amanda and Rick can do the ship justice like they have so many times over the years. THey have great chemistry on screen that is something Rick and Amanda developed. They are friends off screen and I love to see these two on screen and I hope they get a chance to work together in the future!! I so agree with Uber
              Subtlety and finesse.
              is the key to resolving the J/S ship.
              Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 21 November 2006, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Here are a few more cast spoilers for Atlantis - please remember that these are reports from friends I did not hear them in person from the source
                Spoiler:
                AT both Collectormania and the Burbank con the romur was confirmed that Beckett will be leaving SGA in the second half of S3 however reportedly by N J Smith he will be making return for some episode in the future. David H. also said he would be departing as a full time cast member this season.

In Burbank David H. also said that Michael Beach has joined the cast of SGA. It is unclear at this point if he will be on SGA full time or recurring.

I love Tony Bennett
                Spoiler:
                This is really bad news for Amanda fans! Yes, we'll get Amanda as Sam in some episodes (potentially several if DH is gone), but DH fans will swear that he was "forced" out to make room for Amanda (which we know is a load of....Censored since this is a PG FORUM). No wonder Amanda is a bit concerned about fan reactions to Sam in Atlantis. I am not looking forward to visiting the Atlantis threads again. Maybe I'll wait a bit before I catch up over there. I hate to lose either of these characters, and I see SGA as ending after season 4.

Comment

A couple more pics:

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    This is really bad news for Amanda fans! Yes, we'll get Amanda as Sam in some episodes (potentially several if DH is gone), but DH fans will swear that he was "forced" out to make room for Amanda (which we know is a load of....Censored since this is a PG FORUM). No wonder Amanda is a bit concerned about fan reactions to Sam in Atlantis. I am not looking forward to visiting the Atlantis threads again. Maybe I'll wait a bit before I catch up over there. I hate to lose either of these characters, and I see SGA as ending after season 4.
                    Wait didn’t DH
                    Spoiler:
                    just say he wasn't going to be a full time cast member meaning he may be a reoccurring role? He has is own projects in the works (according to his website) so there could still be some Sam/McKay banter going on. It sounds like there will be more and more reoccurring roles then full time cast members for SGA next year. I'm also assuming AT will be a reoccurring role.

EDIT: Okay so DH will be a full time cast memeber. Okay forget my post.
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 22 November 2006, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      What! NO NO NO! I love Beckett. *cries* And David! NO!!! I've just begun to love McKay! I guess that gives AT more chances to be on SGA, but still...I don't like these cast changes. And who is Michael Beach? *sighs* It seems like they are messing up a good thing. Man, am I in a sour mood tonight.
                      Okay I'm going to go back and edit my last post since Idid not word it very well - I'm going to blame jet lag for bad wording but
                      Spoiler:
                      Davdi H is not leaving - what I meant was that David H. said that Paul would be leaving this season
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Okay I'm going to go back and edit my last post since Idid not word it very well - I'm going to blame jet lag for bad wording but
                        Spoiler:
                        Davdi H is not leaving - what I meant was that David H. said that Paul would be leaving this season
                        OH!!!!!!!!!!! *feels much better*

Comment

No matter how you slice it, it's very sad to me.

Spoiler:
                          I thought he enjoyed working on the series. The person I spoke to at GABIT said that PM indicated that TPTB do listen to the fans when they say things... That doesn't sound like a person who's leaving by choice.

Comment

I like the Sam character for many things as well.If another Fan wants to like Sam just for the Sam/Jack Ship that is there right.The Fans can like a character for whatever reason they want.Why would it bother an Actor? The Fans help pay an Actors Salary.When you are an Actor on a TV Show or Movie you have to understand there is a good chance you will be involved in Ship and there is a good chance you will be bombared with Shippy questions from Fans and Interviewers.I'm sure there are plenty of out of work Actors would have no problem with doing Ship.

Comment

SS Fans and interviewers asking the same questions to Actors is part of the deal as an Actor or TPTB.An Actor can say no comment or stop giving interviews or stop going to conventions.I really believe if TPTB resolved the Sam/Jack Ship the questions would be a little easier.At least the Actors or TPTB would not hear when are you going to resolve the Ship.Ship is always going to be a big topic.Ship interests many Fans and media people.The more TPTB pushed it off the ship resolution the bigger the issue became.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                                I like the Sam character for many things as well.If another Fan wants to like Sam just for the Sam/Jack Ship that is there right.The Fans can like a character for whatever reason they want.Why would it bother an Actor? The Fans help pay an Actors Salary.When you are an Actor on a TV Show or Movie you have to understand there is a good chance you will be involved in Ship and there is a good chance you will be bombared with Shippy questions from Fans and Interviewers.I'm sure there are plenty of out of work Actors would have no problem with doing Ship.
                                Dude! Amanda is a warm, gracious, giving person that has always loved her fans no matter who they ship for Sam/Jack, Sam/Pete, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet or Sam/Thor (okay maybe not thor... ) So don't take her head off if you think she should have the same firm standing on an issue that you do. She knows the writers/ producers way better then we do. So let it rest. I'm a shipper too, but her comments don't bother me in the least. She along with rick are my two favorite characters on the show and the fact that rick has pretty much the same stance on the issue as she does. Doesn't bother me at all!

edit: dang it and I had planned to posting something different with pics and everything for my 800th post.... oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X