Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
    I would have liked a picture of the original three together, too. I think the Sam/Cam pics were in effort to show unity between Amanda and Ben after the leadership fiasco. Maybe the pictures are "money" shots. Amanda and Ben bring in two different audiences (she represents classic gate, he represents new gate), so they may have thought together pictures would please both sects. Then again, it may just be because Amanda and Ben look so gorgeous together. I'm an S/J shipper, I really am! (Sally, you need to stop rubbing off on me!)
    Well technically Daniel/Vala pics would have been better (Daniel was in the show from the movie), than if they wanted to please everyone some Daniel/Cam pics might have helped
    Last edited by ccdsah; 10 November 2006, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i just want to tie up everyone, once and for all. i don't have faith that the current sg1 writing administration can write a wonderful sg1 anymore.

sally
      Originally posted by KatG View Post
      Now that would make an interesting fanfic.
      Would this do ?

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
        Would this do ?
        Hee-LARI-ous!
        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
          I love AT's joke. I had to write it down. I only realize as I was typing it that it was a gutter joke. **snorts** I love it. And I'm going to share it with you all.

I believe RDA said after her joke "And my response was . . . it had to be a pirate?" AT giggles and said "Yeah"

Okay, just thought I would share the joke.
          Tehehehe... Thanks for sharing.
          Originally posted by tagger View Post
          Hi, new to the forum, so fumbling terribly with managing quotes, etc.
          Hi! And welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
            Answer for Chelle ... the G4 are the co-directors/photographer of Amanda's event: Julia, Kay aka Mumsey, Becky (her daughter) and John who does a great job of snapping the official and candid photos all weekend. They work hard to make sure that the guests and the star have everything they need to enjoy themselves!

GABIT means "Get Amanda Back In (London) Town" and grew from these four wanting to give AT a really meaningful event with her fans.
            Wow...thanks for the info Chopingal...I hope to one day make it to the UK to go to GABIT...hopefully it'll still be going then!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey all,

Originally posted by tagger View Post
              Hi, new to the forum, so fumbling terribly with managing quotes, etc.
              welcome to the thread Tagger!

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              ...I hope to one day make it to the UK to go to GABIT...hopefully it'll still be going then!!
              Yeah, right! My thoughts too!

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                Aww... look what I just found: penguin sweaters.

(I'm going with the whole penguins are never OT... right?)
                I love penguins...they're so darn cute...we went to Phillip Island earlier this year...it was my first time there...(and to think, I've lived in Victoria all my life and it was only a stones throw away...it took me all of 35 years to get there...)anyhow, we saw the fairy penguins waddling thru their little burrows...with junior tagging behind...it was so beautiful...I think I would prefer to see them like that then sit in the cold air and wait for the penguin march to begin with hundreds of tourists and their camera's going crazy!!

Hope you all had a great day today...hope you all have a great weekend!!
                Night night everyone...take care, be safe and stay happy!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by aske
                  I think I missed something. When did the FMA happen? Was that a few weeks ago or just recent?

Is it me or have AT and RDA been doing a lot of stuff together lately. I don't remember them doing extra things together when RDA was full time with the show. It's kinda nice to see them together supporting the different things they do.

AND one more que?: When is AT2 (this weekend) and when is Avalon? I have brain is fuzzy this morning, and I don't drink! Ugh!
                  FMA - 30 sept.
                  AT2 - 17-19 nov.
                  Avalon - 24-26 nov.

About them together. Maybe there's sort of pre-promotion for the future DVD movies.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                    FMA - 30 sept.
                    AT2 - 17-19 nov.
                    Avalon - 24-26 nov.

About them together. Maybe there's sort of pre-promotion for the future DVD movies.
                    I really hope so, but they started planning these extra events before news of the cancellation (Avalon was in the works at least) so I doubt it is promotion for the DVD movies. They are friends with hearts for similar charities, and they enjoy working together. Now that they don't work together every week they probably really enjoy these events that give them a chance to see each other.

Comment

well, AT2 was planned months and months ago, back in last dec i think

avalon came about later, but its timeing came more from the restrictions placed upon them by the hotels' availability.

from what i heard, RDA wanted to do a con, Amanda, who is his friend, recommended the Gabit folks and things just fell into place from there.

all this stuff was in the works months and months ago and i really doubt it has anything to do with the dvd's. I don't think it even has all that much to do iwth the show...ie it's not a Stargate Con starring Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean Anderson as it is a con with Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean Anderson, who both starred in Stargate for several years
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Untagged.

Comment

Here's hoping RDA has so much fun that we get an Avalon 2 next year with AT3!

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                            Untagged.

Thank you for posting these! **hugs**

Comment

Someone posted the website URL to an uncommonly talented French SG-1 fan artist's website on the shipper thread. His name is "HITO". There are some really cute sketches there. I particularily liked this one (which focusses on the Sam Carter character, in context):

And this one, too:

Some very cute stuff up there, worthy of much praise! HITO where(who)ever you are ... you kick MUCH mikta!

hugses,
                              geeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                                Someone posted the website URL to an uncommonly talented French SG-1 fan artist's website on the shipper thread. His name is "HITO". There are some really cute sketches there. I particularily liked this one (which focusses on the Sam Carter character, in context):

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8...ilesendnn5.jpg

And this one, too:

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5452/samphs7.jpg

Some very cute stuff up there, worthy of much praise! HITO where(who)ever you are ... you kick MUCH mikta!

hugses,
                                geeek
                                As someone with dial up who rarely bothers with this kind of thing, let me just say it was so worth waiting for the download! Excellent!

Comment

Working...
                                X