Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    I posted this in the Blue Jello thread, but I honestly believe this is also on topic for Samanda too (given our collective morality here as a group). In case you didn't get to see it in BJ, I'm just posting it here too, I REALLY LOVE this particular ad. Because it's so tragically true.

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/s...evolutionshigh

mg

-
    Wow, that's great MG! Thanks for sharing it.

I really think its frightening how women are expected to aspire to unattainable levels of perfection to the point that even the most beautiful of women are manipulated to look even more perfect.

Every time I go to the grocery store, I cringe when I pass the tabloids section, because I'm afraid I'll see yet another image of an actress, that I once considered extremely beautiful, has either nearly starved herself to death or multilated herself in order to try to improve on her looks.

It's one of the reasons I have always admired Amanda because she's always looked so naturally beautiful. I'm sure she doesn't consider herself extremely beautiful and I'm sure like most women she probably wishes she could change things about her body image, but I hope she realizes that many of her fans think she's amazing just the way she is. In my opinion, I couldn't ask for a better role model for my daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

It's one of the reasons I have always admired Amanda because she's always looked so naturally beautiful. I'm sure she doesn't consider herself extremely beautiful and I'm sure like most women she probably wishes she could change things about her body image, but I hope she realizes that many of her fans think she's amazing just the way she is. In my opinion, I couldn't ask for a better role model for my daughter.
      This is one of my favorite shots of Amanda that shows off her natural beauty. This was from one of the DVD features where she was outside talking about how she likes to kayak etc, if I recall correctly.
      Last edited by jckfan55; 30 October 2006, 02:39 PM. Reason: redo image

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        This is one of my favorite shots of Amanda that shows off her natural beauty. This was from one of the DVD features where she was outside talking about how she likes to kayak etc, if I recall correctly.
        nice pic but imo there are better ones! eg. I really like pics from conventions, specially when she laughs or has fun with her "guys" (Chris, Michael,...)

good night Samandans, have a nice day over there on the other side of the Atlantic

Mick.

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          I posted this in the Blue Jello thread, but I honestly believe this is also on topic for Samanda too (given our collective morality here as a group). In case you didn't get to see it in BJ, I'm just posting it here too, I REALLY LOVE this particular ad.
          see, when i see BJ, i think of... yeah, that whole morality of the group thing is... yeah, it's just me.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            I think it was from the Beyond the Gate extra on one of the S7 DVD's, when she was out walking her dog along the shoreline....

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by aske View Post
              I got to meet AT last spring. She was so nice. She sat down next to me, slapped me on the arm, made some really weird remark about her brother and then totally fixed her attention on the one person at our table who had something really nice to say to her. The rest of us wore rather stunned expressions on our faces

She had apparently met everyone else I was with at other times (which impressed the heck out me that she remembered people she met for 10 seconds two years ago!!) so before she had to leave she made sure she knew where I was from. I've met a lot of 'professionals' and supposed 'high ranking' people in my life, but so far she's the only one who ever genuinly wanted to know something about each individual she met. I was impressed!

thanks for sharing!

goes to save

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aske View Post
                I got to meet AT last spring. She was so nice. She sat down next to me, slapped me on the arm, made some really weird remark about her brother and then totally fixed her attention on the one person at our table who had something really nice to say to her. The rest of us wore rather stunned expressions on our faces

She had apparently met everyone else I was with at other times (which impressed the heck out me that she remembered people she met for 10 seconds two years ago!!) so before she had to leave she made sure she knew where I was from. I've met a lot of 'professionals' and supposed 'high ranking' people in my life, but so far she's the only one who ever genuinly wanted to know something about each individual she met. I was impressed!
                It's true. She put everyone at ease and I really had to give her so much credit at Shore Leave for staying so late to do autographs and take the time to make each and every fan feel recognized and special. (And the megawatt smile was still going on even after hours!) It will be interesting to see how many of us she remembers from Shore Leave who've been blessed enough to have the chance to go to AT2. And since I got the hair all chopped off last Friday (10 inches long down to an inch or two)... it'll be interesting to see if she remembers me... 'course the Dimples of Doom give me away...
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                  It's true. She put everyone at ease and I really had to give her so much credit at Shore Leave for staying so late to do autographs and take the time to make each and every fan feel recognized and special. (And the megawatt smile was still going on even after hours!) It will be interesting to see how many of us she remembers from Shore Leave who've been blessed enough to have the chance to go to AT2. And since I got the hair all chopped off last Friday (10 inches long down to an inch or two)... it'll be interesting to see if she remembers me... 'course the Dimples of Doom give me away...

**Sniff*

Comment

hey,another fic rec

http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/16/homecomingoff.php

shippy sam and jack tag to OTG

short and sweet
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MickSpeed View Post
                      nice pic but imo there are better ones! eg. I really like pics from conventions, specially when she laughs or has fun with her "guys" (Chris, Michael,...)

good night Samandans, have a nice day over there on the other side of the Atlantic

Mick.
                      Yes, she's beautiful in the candid conventions pics too. I don't there's such a thing as a bad AT photo. As Martin Wood said in one commentary, "the camera loves her." But I think I like this one because there she is out in the cold and wind and everything looking like a "regular person" but she's still beautiful. She doesn't have to "glam up" to look great. Take that airbrushers/photoshoppers of the season publicity shots! (end gush )

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                        Hi everyone

I have a request? I'm about ready to pull my hair out!
                        I lost an older blooper/behind the scenes vid of Martin Wood trying to interview Chris, Amanda and Michael while they were sitting on a black sofa. Of course they were joking and you can hear Amanda's true giggle?
                        I lost many older clips but that one was very special to me. Please if you have it or know where it can be found, Pm or email me. I'd really, really appreciate it
                        It was found !! It's the Revisions clip with CJ, AT and MS. I love her laughter . It's so contagious!

http://www.mthayer.com/stargate/DS-Revisions_clips.html

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          hey,another fic rec

short and sweet

short and ~sweet~ indeed... i think i pulled my 'sighing dreamily' muscle there.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

More from our Solitudes week...

Click image to enlarge
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                              It was found !! It's the Revisions clip with CJ, AT and MS. I love her laughter . It's so contagious!

http://www.mthayer.com/stargate/DS-Revisions_clips.html
                              love it!

i've only seen caps from this, but not the vid.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                hey,another fic rec

short and sweet
                                *sniff*

I love that kinda fic. In-character shippy goodness. Well done JJF!

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X