Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
    I took the kids to the park today to look at the fall follage, and my daughter got all excited when she saw the leaves blowing in the wind. She said, "Look Mom, the wind is swirling the leaves into a vortex." What do you think? Too much science fiction?
    I asked myself this very question today at work, when someone was describing this guy, in non sci fi type language and I jumped in with, "he can manipulate the space time continuum? Awesome!"

Something else happened to me at work today. I got injured. It was all Amanda's fault.

See, I work at a bookstore on saturdays. This morning, as I was heading back out into the shop (but still out of view of customers, thank God...) I spotted a large pile of books that had been left for someone to process and put onto the computer system on monday.

Specifically, I noticed this book halfway down the pile. If I'm getting specific I should mention that I only caught a glimpse of Samantha Carter, with "ate" over her head, out of the corner of my eye from about 8 feet away.

I went to have a closer look, only, I was walking in the other direction. I ended up tripping over my own foot as I tried to twist and sprawling spreadeagled across the carpet toward the pile.

The conversation when I went back out the the shop:

Supervisor: What was that noise?
    Me: Nothing...
    S: Did something get knocked over?
    Me: ... not exactly... (Sam fans know what expression was on my face when I quote that, right? )
    S: ok...

Workmate: OMG, what happened to your arm?
    Me: uh, nothing.
    S: It wasn't like that this morning...
    Me: Carpet burn. It's carpet burn.
    S&W: ...
    Me: ...

S: You fell over, didn't you?
    Me (defeated): yes. *And you will never find out why*

There is only one person at work that I discuss SG with, and they are not him.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I spent my lunch break kneeling next to the pile (because I only planned to look at it for a second) and I will by the book on Monday, when it's on the computer.

So that is why it's Amanda's fault that my knees hurt.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
      The conversation when I went back out the the shop:

Supervisor: What was that noise?
      Me: Nothing...
      S: Did something get knocked over?
      Me: ... not exactly... (Sam fans know what expression was on my face when I quote that, right? )
      S: ok...
      LOL Oh, yeah, I know that expression well! (And I use it way too often!

Workmate: OMG, what happened to your arm?
      Me: uh, nothing.
      S: It wasn't like that this morning...
      Me: Carpet burn. It's carpet burn.
      S&W: ...
      Me: ...

S: You fell over, didn't you?
      Me (defeated): yes. *And you will never find out why*

There is only one person at work that I discuss SG with, and they are not him.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I spent my lunch break kneeling next to the pile (because I only planned to look at it for a second) and I will by the book on Monday, when it's on the computer.

So that is why it's Amanda's fault that my knees hurt.
      Too funny! Why am I thinking of AU (or shioud I say Alt. timeline) Moebius Sam when I read your story?

Thanks for sharing that one!

Comment

Too funny! Why am I thinking of AU (or shioud I say Alt. timeline) Moebius Sam when I read your story?

Thanks for sharing that one!

Haha! I love it. Only when I haven't had enough sleep. Heh.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I took the kids to the park today to look at the fall follage, and my daughter got all excited when she saw the leaves blowing in the wind. She said, "Look Mom, the wind is swirling the leaves into a vortex." What do you think? Too much science fiction?
          Oh how I wanted to green you for that but it won't let me! Seriously though; I'd say that's some darn good parenting What harm could possibly come of being that smart? Although I was rather like that as a kid and look where I ended up... basically it all boils down to whether or not you see your kids ending up on GW as a bad thing!

I'm bored, so....

Caption this!

Spoiler:

Comment

Question ideas for AT: We've been talking about what *we'd* like to see AT in--everything from SciFi to comedy to period costume dramas (says something about how versatile we think she is, doesn't it? I think she could do any of these well). Even as bad as The Void was in many ways, I think it showcased how good AT can be. And it was fun to see her have non-techno moments, some humor and romance. I hope this new project she can't talk about yet gives her a real chance to show her stuff.

Anyway the question would be: if she had a pile of (good) scripts of all these different genres, which would she have a hankering to do?

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
              I was in here over an hour ago but the server was in slow mo. I was kicked out when I tried to post.
              That happened to me over the last day or so. Maybe Siler's big wrench fell into the works.Could have used Sam to fix whatever was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
                Caption this!

Spoiler:
                Sam: Sheesh, I rewrite the laws of Physics a couple of times and they suddenly expect me to do it on a daily basis.

Comment

O.K., I rewatched the first 20 minutes of Beach Head this morning. I know, I know season 9!

Anyway, here are my thoughts.
                  Spoiler:
                  When Nerus came through the Gate and realized Sam and Jack weren't there, he was so disappointed. When he said "This is not how I pictured it at all," I broke into laughter because he totally nailed season 9 with that one line. It was not how I pictured season 9 at all either! On a happier note, did anyone notice that they started playing the Stargate theme as soon as Sam reported for duty. That was very fitting, since IMO the episode/season didn't start until that moment.
                  I didn't bother watching the rest of the episode today. I've seen it and I'll watch it again, but it isn't exactly must see t.v.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Maybe Siler's big wrench fell into the works.
                    *snorts*

*tries to stifle her giggles*

*decides to take herself and her guttergirl tendancies back into the Sam/Jack thread*

*bumps Samanda up in the process*

Comment

what would i like to see her in, something like one of the law and orders. something that usually runs the gamut from serious to angsty with a bit of comedy tossed in

or something like grey's anatomy. that has a bit more humor in it
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

When I was a kid, watching TV was very restricted. I was inordinately pleased with myself when I convinced Mom to allow me to watch "Cosmos," Carl Sagan's astronomy series, on Sunday nights. In our household, this concession was unprecedented. She and I watched together for a few weeks, and I would explain stuff to her. She stopped watching with me; she said she couldn't stand that her fourteen year old daughter understood it when she didn't.

Too much science fiction? I don't think so.

I'm the only one in my family who likes science fiction, and family members still call me weird. But I understand most of Sam's technobabble, and when I don't, I usually keep myself happily occupied for a while with some research until I figure it out. Since I know more about science than my siblings and parents, I figure I came out on top...in which case, I don't mind being weird.

Your daughter rocks! And so do you for not making her feel like there's something wrong with her for using words like vortex in everyday conversations.

Last edited by scifithinker; 28 October 2006, 02:33 PM.
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          what would i like to see her in, something like one of the law and orders. something that usually runs the gamut from serious to angsty with a bit of comedy tossed in

or something like grey's anatomy. that has a bit more humor in it
                          OH, Grey's Anatomy would be fun! Anybody know where it is filmed?

Comment

OH, Grey's Anatomy would be fun! Anybody know where it is filmed?
                            LA, mostly I think.

Would she be a surgeon? What kind?
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

It was suggested that I post these in this thread as well since they're all Sam...from Solitudes

Click images to enlarge
                              sigpic

Comment

hey nola, welcome to samanda
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X