Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    X marks the spot Scari. Do you see a pic?

ETA Weird. It showes up in my quote. <shrug>
    Yeah, I couldn't see it at first either. I had a column of asterisks, but now it's there. We've seen this in other threads, so it appears to be a bulletin board glitch.

Suse
    squicked
    Don't tempt me, suse....

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
      Yeah, I couldn't see it at first either. I had a column of asterisks, but now it's there. We've seen this in other threads, so it appears to be a bulletin board glitch.
      The asterisks were mine, and I deleted them right after I'd posted, so that explains those. But the spoil tag thingy not revealing when clicked happened in the Janet thread - one poster couldn't see it while others could. Me no understandy.

Don't tempt me, suse....
      scarimor

Comment

Don't tempt me, suse....

I don't need to lead you into temptation. You find it quite nicely all by yourself.

Suse
        Last edited by suse; 17 October 2006, 08:13 AM.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Ta-da!
          I'm only 100 posts away from the triple digits! Never thought I'd get anywhere close.

See what happens when you love talking in Samanda?

Suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
            But the spoil tag thingy not revealing when clicked happened in the Janet thread - one poster couldn't see it while others could. Me no understandy.
            I just took a jaunt over the 'Forum Upgrade' and 'Ask the Mods' and the only thing I could find was an insufficiently contextualised remark about not having images in spoiler tags -- as if it were common knowledge.

cruisin', scari... you too, Suse.

Comment

I just took a jaunt over the 'Forum Upgrade' and 'Ask the Mods' and the only thing I could find was an insufficiently contextualised remark about not having images in spoiler tags -- as if it were common knowledge.
              After we've been advised to put spoiler images from episodes in spoiler tags in the past?

eep!
              scarimor

Comment

So are you Gweneth Paltrow or the guy who sang that song with her? The name escapes me at the mo...

ETA Ha! Hughie Lewis! (I kept thinking Hootie and the Blowfish and knew that wasn't right!)

Suse
                baby let's cruise
                Last edited by suse; 17 October 2006, 08:28 AM.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                  After we've been advised to put spoiler images from episodes in spoiler tags in the past?
                  LOL. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

eep!
                  If "eep!" = "Bring it on!" I'd say that's perfectly in character for you Scari!

Suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                    Laf, the thing that's so amusing to me is that in my mind, you, AD and Dem are just as much a shipper as Ooober, Mini, Sal and the others.

I suppose part of what makes Amanda such a likeable person is the fact that she has such wonderful chemistry with just about everyone she works with so it's easy for different fan groups to see Sam hooked up with people they enjoy.

You have your Sam/Jack shippers, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Cameron, Sam/Vala, Sam/Janet, Sam/Pete, Sam/Teal'c, Sam/Thor, Sam/McKay, Sam/Ba'al, and the list goes on. For a character who has only voluntarily kissed two men in ten years, she sure does get paired up a lot.
                    There are THREE MEN (Not 2)
                    Chronologically:
                    1. Narim (S1)
                    2. Jack (S3 POV)
                    3. Pete
                    2 bis (Actually this is the first only 3000 B.C.) Geeky Sam + Jack

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      If "eep!" = "Bring it on!" I'd say that's perfectly in character for you Scari!
                      No, 'eep' indicates that scari is scared, and rightfully so.

By the way, I tried imagining that I had Sam's Upgrades powers last night. I managed to do a good bit of long-overdue vacuuming, but then the glamour wore off. dangit.

I hope AT's new project is some badass sci-fi thing in which she gets to snarl a lot. I also hope The Path Not Taken
                      Spoiler:
                      isn't overly McKay-centric. Why couldn't it be a Carter w/Teal'c ep?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Thanks Sal, that's okay, I um...I'm on a diet, yea that's right, a diet, I couldn't have any moose cake anyway

ok first of all CONGRATS ON EVERYONE WHO REACHED A MILESTONE

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES, I've seen a few delurk

and you are on a diet eh Mandy...what now you only eat the moose and not the cake lol...as long as you don't throw them away I don't have a problem with that lol

Comment

No, 'eep' indicates that scari is scared, and rightfully so.

By the way, I tried imagining that I had Sam's Upgrades powers last night. I managed to do a good bit of long-overdue vacuuming, but then the glamour wore off. dangit.

I hope AT's new project is some badass sci-fi thing in which she gets to snarl a lot. I also hope The Path Not Taken
                          Spoiler:
                          isn't overly McKay-centric. Why couldn't it be a Carter w/Teal'c ep?!
                          Scared? From what I've seen only in the "It's fun to live dangerously" sense.

I hope AT's new project is better than The Void. Eye candy extraordinaire for boys and girls of any persuasion but the plot/effects sure had issues.

I hope she's lead in whatever it is. And we shouldn't have to wait til Febuary to find that out!

Suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I don't follow on that last point. Are you implying that had she and Jack not gotTEN together 2+ years ago, she would still make reference to it now? Why?

More to the point, I'm not sure I saw how that struggle affected Carter's decisions and character then. At least not in any way that was relevant to her performance as an officer and 'gate traveller.
                            My point was just that if someone goes through an experience in their life, it informs the person they are and who they become. It develops their character in some way. I'm not suggesting Sam would be referring to her experience every five minutes in speech or preface every decision with it just that it would inform the person she is now. For me, because I feel the conclusion of that experience for Sam is left ambiguous and open to interpretation doesn't do justice to the fact that the character went through the experience in the first place.

On whether there was a struggle or not, well...for me the Sam/Jack/Pete arc was an emotional struggle Sam went through in her personal life. Did it affect her performance as an officer and gate traveller? Probably not as I guess most of us can go through a period of doubt over an aspect of our personal life (mild or extreme) without it affecting our performance at work, although the fact that Jack stops by her lab to ask her what's up in Affinity suggests it did cause her behaviour at work to change occassionally.

But if you don't see that Sam went through a struggle, that's OK. I guess I'll agree to disagree with you.
                            sigpic
                            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                              I'm sure I'm one of the few fans out there who really didn't enjoy Threads at all. I know, I'm probably nuts, but I didn't really care for the storyline with Daniel and Oma, nor did I particularly enjoy the storyline with Sam/Pete and Jack/Kerry. I didn't like seeing Sam so utterly out of her element and unsure of herself. The episode just made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

As for the scene between Sam in Jack in the infirmary, I'm not sure if I saw it as Sam & Jack finally getting together as much as I saw it as Sam and Jack finally deciding they would never allow their unresolved feelings for each one another to come between their friendship.

I think for a very long time that friendship had become strained as they tried to distance themselves from the attraction they shared. In Threads, I saw Jack finally allow himself to really be Sam's friend and not just her CO or someone who was attracted to her by being there for her just as he would have been there for Teal'c or Daniel in the same situation. And allowing Sam to finally agree to go fishing with Jack up at his cabin. Some may disagree and say that there was much more between them, but my feeling is that the strongest relationships need to be built on a solid foundation or else they are at risk of crumbling and even if they were to decide to be together in the future, they reallly needed to solidify their friendship first.

Which explains to me the change in Sam's personality in S9 and S10. Some may speculate that the change was due to her being in a relationship with Jack, but for me, I saw it more as Sam having spent four or five years walking on edge shells around Jack and with him finally out of the picture, Sam was allowed to let her hair down so to speak and be herself again. I've enjoyed that aspect of Sam in S9 & S10. It like seeing a more relax and humorous Sam, who seems to be more comfortable in her own skin.

Which is why I hope they keep ship out of the storyline. I don't want to see her hooked up with Daniel, or Cameron or Vala or anyone else for that matter because I enjoy this new easy going Sam who isn't riddled with doubt and uncertainty.

And personally I don't see Sam & Jack ever getting married or being seen as together, not because I don't believe they belong together, but because I just don't give the writers credit for allowing any of the characters to be truly happy. So in my opinion, the only way Sam and Jack would ever be allowed to be in a relationship is if it was a very volatile and unstable one which is why if I ever find myself in the mood for Sam/Jack I read fan fic.
                              You've wonderfully demonstrated what I meant by how whatever conclusion Sam came to in Threads might inform her character now - so thank you.

Of course I still completely disagree with your interpretation of what that conclusion was
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                                I hope AT's new project is better than The Void. Eye candy extraordinaire for boys and girls of any persuasion but the plot/effects sure had issues.
                                But at least she got to work with Malcolm McDowell. He's cool (if creepy).

The one with SERIOUS plot issues was that Outer Limits where AT's character decided to live with her alien-contaminated astronaut boyfriend in his isolation cell. Ay!

Comment

Working...
                                X