No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question to the vid makers out there...I think I've finally been able to start creating my own videos. Is there a recommended place to store/upload/etc these once complete? Is YouTube the best?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      Question to the vid makers out there...I think I've finally been able to start creating my own videos. Is there a recommended place to store/upload/etc these once complete? Is YouTube the best?

Congrats on starting the vid-making process, ChevronSeven! I don't know where the vid makers will send you, but I hope you upload your vids on Kawoosh! as well!

Comment

I just want to say that I like Sam.

Sam I like.

Sam rocks the casba.

That is all.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
          "dropped the piloting aspect" as in "wrote lots of 'gate-travel episodes"?
          Oh, you mean travel through a STARGATE! That would just make way too much sense!

Of course, I'm still going with Sam's a pilot! I know she rocks at everything she does, so I am fine with there being nothing she can't do!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
            Oh, you mean travel through a STARGATE! That would just make way too much sense!
            That's the one *sigh* I miss that show.

Of course, I'm still going with Sam's a pilot! I know she rocks at everything she does, so I am fine with there being nothing she can't do!
            It's canon. We gone saw her do it. At least, I don't think it was RepliCarter who was piloting that F-302 in Covenant
            scarimor

Comment

i'm just gonna throw out a brief post here on my thoughts on the is she or isn't she a pilot thing here seems how everybody's doin' it.

i just assumed she was a pilot based on various info (that seems to have remained consistant over the majority of the show for once) that we've been given. "CotG", "fragile balance", "covenant" among others. i presumed that they never bothered with the wings on the uniform, because they just didn't realise that their fans were smart enough to figure out that they were the wrong badges, and when they did finally figure it out they chose to ignore that fact and/or figured it was too late and the change would be more noticeable than ignoring the prop mistake.

as for the whole, "well she couldn't have been a pilot in the gulf war because there were no female pilots in the gulf war" thing. it's a tv show in which a bunch of regular people, including an archaeologist/linguist/anthropologist and an alien, go through a big blue puddle to other planets. i think i can just let the "chick in a plane" thing go. as others have said, jack and cam (and even daniel IMO) have skills and abilities and histories a little less than believable too, and not just in their careers.

this isn't going to be a very popular theory here i think, but i sometimes feel that we (and by we i mean women in society not just this thread) are a little harder on women than on men. we can forgive that jack most likely wasn't in the vietnam war yet has the medals to say otherwise (for example), but we'll go on debating off and on why sam couldn't have been a pilot in the gulf war.

i'll shut up there and just remind everyone that i'm an idiot and nothing i say should be taken seriously. so you've really just wasted your time if you bothered reading this. HA!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                In that case, why did they talk about her pulling out of a simulated bombing run in an F-16 in the very first episode? Given that she would have to be a pilot to do that, what's your take on that dialogue?

We have to consider how writing works. If a writer has his brand new character talk about "logging over 100 hours in enemy airspace" and "pulling out of a simulated bombing run in an F-16", he knows that his general audience is going to assume that the character is a pilot. They're not going to double-check her badges. I know I didn't - and I didn't double-check Jack's later either. So if the character is not a pilot, the writer has to flag that up somehow - he has to qualify the dialogue in some way - e.g. "in an awac" or "during my weapons system training". The fact that they didn't qualify Sam as a 'not!pilot' in the dialogue in CotG leaves the obvious standing: Sam's a pilot (and so is Kawalski, probably ) unless we're told otherwise.

Her wanting to be an astronaut also fits neatly with the pilot training route, and we learned about that ambition early on in the series.

No. But I find it much easier to explain away a bit of faulty costume-badging than something as explicit as clear dialogue in the very first episode, when they were introducing the character and telling us her background. How do you explain away the dialogue, Sky?
                I have always thought the missions she flew were highly classified - that's why she flew even when female officers in general were unable to fly in combat at that time. That it was so classified that she's unable to tell her team about the missions even now. After all she's a fictional charscter so there's no reason why a writer can't conjure up classified missions for her to have gotten her 100 hours. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  i'll shut up there and just remind everyone that i'm an idiot and nothing i say should be taken seriously. so you've really just wasted your time if you bothered reading this. HA!
                  I'm just gonna say that this whole statement is incredibly inaccurate...

... But I'd like to tack it onto many of my posts, so maybe you should get it copyrighted or something.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    I'm just gonna say that this whole statement is incredibly inaccurate...

... But I'd like to tack it onto many of my posts, so maybe you should get it copyrighted or something.
                    PATENT PENDING!

Comment

Oh, man, Stargatebarbie is getting a patent! I really wanted to use that line and it fits almost everything I say, oh well.

Tonight's SGA episode question
                      Spoiler:
                      Have we decided whether Amanda is on SGA or not? Did anyone get any concrete information? I know it's just a few hours away, but I really want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                        Oh, man, Stargatebarbie is getting a patent! I really wanted to use that line and it fits almost everything I say, oh well.

Tonight's SGA episode question
                        Spoiler:
                        Have we decided whether Amanda is on SGA or not? Did anyone get any concrete information? I know it's just a few hours away, but I really want to know.
                        I think that's a negative.

There was a relatively small group of people who accidentally downloaded "The Return" from Amazon (well, the first guy accidentally downloaded it - the rest... not so much ), and I don't think they said anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          I think that's a negative.

There was a relatively small group of people who accidentally downloaded "The Return" from Amazon (well, the first guy accidentally downloaded it - the rest... not so much ), and I don't think they said anything about it.
                          Thanks, I'm disappointed but prepared.

Comment

Assist please?

I need a Vala pic like this one:

Same sort of pose, I mean. I have some for Sam, Teyla, and Weir, and want Vala's picture to match on some graphics I'm making.

Can anyone help?

Comment

Deejay: Something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven

I use putfile...but that's a joke...I'm working on moving my vids to youtube

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                                My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                                My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                                My Stargate Videos
                                It's meant to be!

Comment

Working...
                                X