Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Way to take the wind out of my sails, Mandy.
    *Tries to re-inflate jckfan's sails*

Uh maybe BW will set the other PTB straight

Well I did say TRY
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Is there anyone else that is going to the Gabit this November?
      Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        I've noticed the same thing... and, I could be totally wrong... but my gut says that
        Spoiler:
        someone, somewhere decided it would be Politically Correct and/or Smart to pimp Carter for Season 10. Perhaps some of the negative feedback RE the leadership issue and Carter's reduced role finally did get across to someone.

Maybe... perhaps...

However, much of Season 10 had already been filmed, the story arcs already mapped out and written and done. They've already mapped out Mitchell as the New Male Lead, Center of the Show, Leader of SG-1. They've already written and filmed their Vala centric episodes or scenes and focus.

For the promos, I think that they are making the most of what they did write Carter doing in Season 10.

So... I'd say that you are right... they are definitely showcasing Carter more often in the spoilers for Season 10 (more than in Season 9)...
        miss glass is half empty here thinks that
        Spoiler:
        sure, mitch is the new star and vala is the new female lead, but since both characters are far from as poplar and accepted as they want them to be, they're gonna do a little bait and switch, imply that sam has a focus and place in the episode, basically 'trick' people into watching, and use sam to get folks to watch the two new stars becasue they know that, if they promote cam and vala...it won't draw the audiences that promoting sam and the other two will
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thor_Beyond769
          Is there anyone else that is going to the Gabit this November?
          several of us. Me....who else? i'm blanking on names right now but i think there'll be a good half dozen samandans there

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            miss glass is half empty here thinks that
            Spoiler:
            sure, mitch is the new star and vala is the new female lead, but since both characters are far from as poplar and accepted as they want them to be, they're gonna do a little bait and switch, imply that sam has a focus and place in the episode, basically 'trick' people into watching, and use sam to get folks to watch the two new stars becasue they know that, if they promote cam and vala...it won't draw the audiences that promoting sam and the other two will
            Spoiler:
            So why not just make the eps about the big3? Why the bait and switch, unless they just didnt realize the issue until too late. That would be proof of massive shortsightedness. Hard to believe in fact.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by allaboutthegate
              Hey everyone.

This is my first posting in this thread and I have really enojyed reading all of your comments. The first episode I ever saw was Grace and I was amazed at the strength of Sam. This is what started me watching

Just a thought that somebody brought up that I think too; Sam is one of the best characters left on the show and I hope she isn't pushed out too much with five on the team.
              Welcome to Samanda allaboutthegate

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and I look forward to reading more of your posts
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Spoiler:
                So why not just make the eps about the big3? Why the bait and switch, unless they just didnt realize the issue until too late. That would be proof of massive shortsightedness. Hard to believe in fact.
                because, imho
                Spoiler:
                they want to use the big 3 to promote the 'new and improved' show and get some better ratings so that they can use those ratings to spin off cam and vala in scifi's new farscape rip off.

they don't want to build things around the big three because they ultimately, want to get rid of them. they're just over paid 'baggage' .

they're gonna use the big 3 to build up their new show, then dump them..possibly bringing htem back whenever the new show needs a ratings boost

yes, i definitely earned my title of Miss Negative

sigpic

Comment

because, imho
                  Spoiler:
                  they want to use the big 3 to promote the 'new and improved' show and get some better ratings so that they can use those ratings to spin off cam and vala in scifi's new farscape rip off.

they don't want to build things around the big three because they ultimately, want to get rid of them. they're just over paid 'baggage' .

they're gonna use the big 3 to build up their new show, then dump them..possibly bringing htem back whenever the new show needs a ratings boost

yes, i definitely earned my title of Miss Negative
                  And jckfan says I'm taking the wind out of her sails

But I have to agree you do have a point However

Spoiler:
                  without any of the big 3, their new spin off won't last very long
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Birthday Dani 76

Comment

several of us. Me....who else? i'm blanking on names right now but i think there'll be a good half dozen samandans there
                      OK, goodie! Then I'll possibly have others to talk to and faces to meet when we get there. I'm going to the Sunday party. #Who else is going?
                      Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

OK, goodie! Then I'll possibly have others to talk to and faces to meet when we get there. I'm going to the Sunday party. #Who else is going?
                        Sunday party? Have I missed something here?
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          Spoiler:
                          Short-sightedness? Nah, they'd never do that, would they?

Excuse the snark, I'm having a bad day.
                          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            I'm just sad, because I don't see BW's name as writer of any of the other epissodes for S10, what a shame

Comment

right then. first the important stuff;

my elvish name; Lúthien Oronrá
                              my hobbit name; Rosie-Posie Smallburrows of Sandydowns

(as stargate barbie its; Lúthien Melwasúl and Ivy Chubb)

what i want to know is where the hell is my freakin' umlaut!?!

now for my opinion on Pegasus Project
                              Spoiler:

well for the most part i liked it. more or less. the less being mitchell in a good few places.

i loved the opening scene with sam doing the briefing for weir and shep and the whole mckay thing (don't shoot me, you know i can't help it!). in fact all of the sam/mckay scenes i liked. i liked the lemon scene, i loved the bit in the briefing room where shep says he'll shoot mckay and sam mouths thank you.

generally, i felt that the whole episode was a bit disjointed. it just didn't flow and fit together smoothly.

the daniel/vala parts were pretty good, and moved the whole season arc along nicely, but vala really was just there for the ride. she had one useful moment and that was it. thats a shame for me.

now brace yourselves and skip this part if you like mitchell and thought he was just oh so wonderful in this one;
                              Spoiler:
                              first of all, another grandma comment, fortunately saved by a great line by sam (followed by cam's "her words exactly", which i liked).

the thing is, in the first two episodes, i was starting to like cam a little better. i really was. and for the start of this episode too. unfortunately it didn't last. ok, i get that BW might be trying to reinforce coops position on the cam is leader thing, he's his partner, and he wants to back him up on this. but i hate it. the first 2 eps were really making it look like co-leadership and and ensemble situation, and i could live with that even if i'd prefer the command structure with sam at the top. this episode, although at the start to me looked as though sam were in control because it was her plan and she was all leadery (its a word!), later on there really was no room for argument.

not only did sam look to him for his approval, instead of looking to emerson who is in command of the ship (hence i figured it would be up to him to give the order to move in and ahead with the plan), she looked to cam, who proceeded not only to tell sam to go ahead, it looked like he was ordering emerson too! WTF!?!? what does this guy do, travel around the military and just take peoples commands away from them? i have to say, as if you haven't figured it out yet, that pissed me off a little bit.

then he suddenly becomes an astrophysist. the guy who didn't even know what an accretion disc is, suddenly becomes and expert on blackholes and how they can use this one to their advantage. c'mon! brad wright, inventor of the how come room, wrote this! what the heck was he thinking giving that line to mitchell? thats a sam line right there. military + astrophysist + person who helped to build the ship = the possesion of strategic knowledge in this situation and of how they can get the ship out of this situation. military + fighter pilot who got special treatment and a place on an sg team because he got injured - lack of scientific knowledge = big gaping plot hole!

sorry guys, but i was disappointed in brad wright in this episode. second time the guy has dissapointed me in a couple of weeks.

ok, end of that rant. i got a little worked up there.

i would have like to see more sam/mckay interaction and more sam/shep interaction. i missed teal'c. at the start of the ep i was saying (repeatedly) "hey where's teal'c, what did they just forget to write him into this one?" no explaination of why he wasn't there. it would have fit into the opening briefing scene. maybe i just missed it?

yeah, so it was ok, and maybe i'd like it better on a second viewing, but it was a bit of a disappointment to me. i guess that'll learn me to look forward to episodes and put faith in stargate writers regardless of who they are anymore.

i think that covers it, if not who really cares?

edit; now i remember.
                              Spoiler:
                              am i the only one who laughed out loud when the ori ship was destroyed? is PDL doing the vfx now? do they even realise what those ships look like, and what that kawoosh looked like when destroying the ship? oiy. i'm assuming it was unintentional, which makes it funny to me.

Comment

head on over to the AT2 thread in fandom. folks are discussing who's got what tickets and where they're gonna be.

my friends and i are in the fri am session

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X