• Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the critically important subject of elf and hobbit names:
    elf: Inwë Nénharma
    hobbit: Esmerelda Sandybanks

And on ep 200:

Spoiler:
    I'm definitely not seeing the wedding dress in that picture. It certainly looks more along the lines of a Galadriel dress. However I too wouldn't be surprised if they do something goofy along the lines of Wizard of Oz for the 200th episode, after the amount of references to Wizard of Oz they've made in past seasons.
    I think the last time we saw Sam in a dress offworld was in Emancipation. Can anyone else think of any other times that Sam has had to wear a dress offworld between then and now?

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      On the critically important subject of elf and hobbit names:
      elf: Inwë Nénharma
      hobbit: Esmerelda Sandybanks

And on ep 200:

Spoiler:
      I'm definitely not seeing the wedding dress in that picture. It certainly looks more along the lines of a Galadriel dress. However I too wouldn't be surprised if they do something goofy along the lines of Wizard of Oz for the 200th episode, after the amount of references to Wizard of Oz they've made in past seasons.
      I think the last time we saw Sam in a dress offworld was in Emancipation. Can anyone else think of any other times that Sam has had to wear a dress offworld between then and now?
      Not off the top of my fron.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Just trying to catch up on all the posts and thought I'd let you know what my elf name is...

Elf name: Tari Tiwele
        Hobbit name: Tigerlily Took of Great Smials

Hmmm...interesting!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Spoiler:

.....it seems that references will not only be to Wizard of Oz, but also to Star Trek.
          more thoughts on ep 200:
          Spoiler:
          I'm starting to think they may do a full blown takeoff of every scifi/fantasy film/tv show ever made.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Okay, Fluffy is on the case...
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
              Okay, Fluffy is on the case...
              Spoiler:
              I WONDERED what was missing from that picture originally!

Thanks for the clarification Fluffy.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Just stopped by to leave 2 very important messages

(((((Minigeek))))) Thanks for reminding us on the ship thread about your card for AT. I think it's a wonderful idea and gives people like me who won't get the chance to meet Amanda at a con the opportunity to express our gratitude and appreciation to her.

And secondly just a little reminder: It's ship day in 4hrs 40mins (but who's counting ) !!!! Please come and help celebrate Sam and Jack!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  Spoiler:
                  Keep reading chelle, and check out the shipper thread. We're not too worried.
                  That's my next stop..if I have time before work that is...BTW...it's actually Friday here and I have just sent the kids off to school with their jelly/jello and jaffa lollies/cakes for shipper day...they're almost as excited as me...god only knows what their teachers must think!
                  Yeehaaa..I can't wait til I get home from work!!!!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

And on ep 200:

Spoiler:
                    Well...I've never seen LOTR...and don't intend to for some time...but
                    Spoiler:
                    as I said earlier, that dress and the background reminds me of Emancipation...Sam just doesn't look to thrilled if she's actually getting married...the dress does nothing for me and her hair is...well lets just say...it hasn't grown on me!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Ok, this may seem very very VERY weird, but I was wondering if anyone ever dreams about the characters on Stargate or Amanda. I normally don't recall having dreams involving characters on the show, but I had one the other night that was truly bizarre. Sadly I'm too embarrassed to post because then you'll know what a total nutcase I am... so I thought I'd make a game out of it.

What's the strangest dream you've ever had involving Amanda or the Stargate characters. Let's try to keep things PG, shall we?

Kat
                      I too dream about the Gate and Sam and the characters of Stargate often Kat. Sometimes my dreams are about real episodes, though they usually get rather squewed around from their original state; or more often completely impossible bizarre storylines that have never happened on Stargate. I thought I was a nutcase for letting my obsession with a tv show creep into my life so much that I dreamt about it . Obviously, here in Samanda at least, I am not alone .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                        Well...I've never seen LOTR...and don't intend to for some time...but
                        Spoiler:
                        as I said earlier, that dress and the background reminds me of Emancipation...Sam just doesn't look to thrilled if she's actually getting married...the dress does nothing for me and her hair is...well lets just say...it hasn't grown on me!
                        Yeah I agree
                        Spoiler:
                        as much as I think the dress is pretty, it just seems all wrong. Sam looks all evil and kinda almost vampire-like IMO. I reckon in that costume and lighting she could do a pretty good wraith impression! Oh I'm *really* hoping that's not *THE* wedding dress, after all, do you really think they'd go to all of the trouble of making two very beautiful (and probably very expensive) white dresses? I'm not so sure!

Ooops, I'm supposed to be a member of the SSHSOT and with Ship Day only a few hours away, it looks like I'm neglecting my duty so I take that last part back! Of course it's not *the*
                        Spoiler:
                        dress
                        It can't be!!!
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I think I need TJ to translate what's been going on with these names
                          I have no idea how to change your name into those...ah...foreing, alien fantasy names
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                            Yeah I agree
                            Spoiler:
                            as much as I think the dress is pretty, it just seems all wrong. Sam looks all evil and kinda almost vampire-like IMO. I reckon in that costume and lighting she could do a pretty good wraith impression! Oh I'm *really* hoping that's not *THE* wedding dress, after all, do you really think they'd go to all of the trouble of making two very beautiful (and probably very expensive) white dresses? I'm not so sure!

Ooops, I'm supposed to be a member of the SSHSOT and with Ship Day only a few hours away, it looks like I'm neglecting my duty so I take that last part back! Of course it's not *the*
                            Spoiler:
                            dress
                            It can't be!!!
                            Spoiler:
                            It can't be *the* dress, Amber! Unless it is a wedding and AT is not Sam, but someone else.... I don't know. If she was marrying Jack (Yes please! ) she would be a heck of a lot happier and in a prettier dress. I think...I hope...

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                              Where was Sam born, the city? And what's her mothers 1st name?
                              what they said. nothing canon has ever been said about these
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if it's allowable to talk season 9 without spoiler tags yet, even though it has well and truly finished airing in most countries?
                                Originally posted by chelle db
                                Just so you all know...Australia has NOT seen season 9...we've only just started...we're up to TPTB...not that I mind...I love spoilers...they are my friend!!! So spoil away...or just post it anyway!!
                                I know, I live in Australia . I was trying to say that it seems to have aired in every country but here *mutters about channel 7* .
                                So any spoilers from me will be only a couple of eps into season 9.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X