Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor
    Eek!

I fear Sam wouldn't escape Tapert's crucifixion fetish. By my reckoning he crucified Gabrielle three times (including the Hercules episode), Xena twice (I think - mybe three? Though of course he showed clips of it in multiple episodes) and enjoyed quite a bit of associated leg-breaking.

I love my Sam-whump but Janet and I are going to draw the line at crosses and nails.

-- scari - whose Sam-fic just officially tipped into gory...
    Holy Hannah ... I don't know this guy Tapert and never watched Xena but this is a little too over the top so I take back my A-ok on the Sam whumpage.

Was Tapert Mel Gibson's assistant for some of his more controversial movies?!

Comment

another good part in fifth man is, when sg1 finds jack and he tells them about tyler, they're jsut like 'ok, if jack vouches for him, that's good enough for me

the trust is implicit and beautifully understated
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Holy Hannah ... I don't know this guy Tapert and never watched Xena but this is a little too over the top so I take back my A-ok on the Sam whumpage.

Was Tapert Mel Gibson's assistant for some of his more controversial movies?!

he started his career as a producer. he's a good friend of sam raimi and bruce campbell. they did the evil dead movies together, and as far as i know he and campbell did brisco county jr. together.

having said that i never really watched hercules or xena or any of those. i used to have a weird kevin sorbo phobia of sorts when he had long hair especially. i call it "sorbophobia". anyway, i could never watch those shows as a result. (only managed to look at a few andromeda eps after he got a hair cut.)

i'm odd, in many many ways. and i'm mostly ok with that.

Comment

both herc and xena were fun, as long as they didn't get too full of themselves.

but once they hit that 'oh, wow, we're a drama? man, we better do something dramatic' both fell kinda flat

in fact, xena got so boring that i didn't even realize that it had a last season until the femslashers started complaining about it. (and yeah, the femslash did kinda turn me off. why couldn't they just be friends???
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            great place for sam pics, www.amandatapping.com

and welcome to samanda
            Thanks.
            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

but once they hit that 'oh, wow, we're a drama? man, we better do something dramatic' both fell kinda flat

in fact, xena got so boring that i didn't even realize that it had a last season until the femslashers started complaining about it. (and yeah, the femslash did kinda turn me off. why couldn't they just be friends???
              i think we'll let AD answer that question.

Comment

All that Xena crucifixion talk is freakin' me out.

Sam: Ok you psychos with the nails, drop 'em or I drop you.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Fantastic clip, Cassie! Thanks so much for posting it for us.

Loved the shot of AT taking the red baby buggy across the outside set (and she's still in Carter BDU's)...'shhhh... baby' LOL

Also... very informative beyond that as well. Very telling. And have to keep in mind that this interview is a year or so old.

All in all, AT is one classy lady!

Very funny too.

Wow - classy and gracious but she manages to mention her surprise at the telling line of "SG1 Leader" at the end ... using humor but getting her point across.

Loved the red baby buggy too!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    ( contains flesh and blood spoilers)

oh no i honestly don't think (at least in this case) that
                    Spoiler:
                    the writers are lazy, it took a hell of a lot of thought and effort to make someone so underqualified end up as such a hero. i'd say they would have worked backwards. ok, we need him to save the day, first he needs to be in a 302. now to do this he needs to get one from the hanger bay and get out before the ship is destroyed. now there's gonna be a lot of people trying to get out so it's gonna be very tense. hey! lets make one of the people he pushes past be a chick! if we have some girl on screen, they can't say we're being sexist, right?

ok, cool. so he gets off the ship and into a fighter plane. wait wait, how come nobody else gets off the ship in a 302? we need him to be the only one out there so he gets to save her.

what? oh right, well, c'mon some of them are girls, and they're all russians. if we've proven anything its that russian soldiers die a lot!

right ok. wait, wait, cameron can't save her in a 302, if he opens the canopy, he'll float out into space.

oh right, yeah, well, we'll have the odyssey pick him up. but he'll still look really heroic so it'll be fine. also, we'll have to have him injured. first of all, the battle needs to be totally over and we need to pass some time, so if he looses consciousness it'll work. also, if he rescues her when he's injured it'll make him look even better!

ok, fine. wait, we had the odyssey unable to use its beam tech in the last one, how is he gonna save her from there? ok ok, he'll open the hanger bay on it, and he'll back the ship up so it swallows her. the asgard can use the artificial gravity controls so she doesn't get hurt, it'll be fine.

cameron can fly the odyssey? is their pilot injured or something?

no. its just because he's such a good pilot that he can fly the odyssey better than the person who was hired to do it even in huge battles.

ok. so how come he's on a ground unit instead of flying in battles?

shut up.

and thats how sam gets saved. wow. i love cameron.

see. that kind of writing requires a hell of a lot of effort. how is that lazy? lots of thought went in to it.

(warning: reading the previous spoilers may be damaging to your sanity.)
                    Oh now I see, you're right barbie, it wasn't lazy writing, becuase yes it did take a lot of effort to come up with that It was simply a case of crappy bad writing. Uh oh you don't think they read As The Stargate Turns we wrote on the BJC!

Quick Sky go delete it before the writers find it!!!! We don't want to end up seeing Sam pregnant with Jack/Daniel/ Teal'c's / Bratac's /Thor's triplets do you
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Oh now I see, you're right barbie, it wasn't lazy writing, becuase yes it did take a lot of effort to come up with that It was simply a case of crappy bad writing. Uh oh you don't think they read As The Stargate Turns we wrote on the BJC!

Quick Sky go delete it before the writers find it!!!! We don't want to end up seeing Sam pregnant with Jack/Daniel/ Teal'c's / Bratac's /Thor's triplets do you
                      *ahem* some of us might.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        Spoiler:
                        snip, snip
                        it really does p*** me off that they did this too here, and i'm glad shes speaking up when asked. (and those interviewers looked quite surprised when she said that she wasn't leading the team, and a bit disappointed. to me at least, but i'm usually wrong about all things, so don't listen to me! i know you won't anyway )

ok, thats enough fawning for now i think.
                        I also thought that the interviewers
                        Spoiler:
                        were a little surprised by her response about leadership - when they asked the question it was such a natural question that they honestly seemed to think that it would naturally have progressed logically to her being in charge - gee seems a lot of people thought logically about the situation with leadership except some dopey-a$$es who took the illogical, contrived, low road instead.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          All that Xena crucifixion talk is freakin' me out.

Sam: Ok you psychos with the nails, drop 'em or I drop you.
                          Hi jckfan55 - Can you tell me what ep this picture of Carter is from? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                            Hi jckfan55 - Can you tell me what ep this picture of Carter is from? Thanks.
                            *butts in as though I were asked*

That be from...drumroll please..."It's Good to be King."

So....do I get a prize??? A teddy bear? A kewpie doll????

My name written in gold on the Samandan registry????

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I think "It's good to be king"--but I'm sure someone will recognize it if I'm wrong.
                              Edit: Count on Über to come to our rescue!

Comment

i rarely watched herc (only saw one full ep where herc's sidekick was taken over... the guy that played the sidekick did great, though). but xena could do drama *fantastically*.

and as for femslash... (don't read this myrth)...

xena and gabrielle were just friends!!!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X