Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Honestly, I really don't think they HAVE an air force advisor anymore. I think they probably jumped ship. Do we have any evidence to suggest otherwise?
    In the Air Force advisor's shoes, I would have skedaddled by now.

I wouldn't want my name attached to Season Nine.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Honestly, I really don't think they HAVE an air force advisor anymore. I think they probably jumped ship. Do we have any evidence to suggest otherwise?

I think the're using the Advisors manual. He/She more than likely asked for re-assignment.

Comment

He left for Atlantis lol

Comment

*The* ship? TPTB like to use the ole fail-safe "couldn't do it coz the Air Force said no" an awful lot. Beyond that I got nothin!
          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Silly ReganX, that would have made *sense.*
            What was I thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              In the Air Force advisor's shoes, I would have skedaddled by now.

I wouldn't want my name attached to Season Nine.

AT: Tell me you didn't approve of Mitchell in command.
              (former) AF advisor: I tried to talk them out of it, Amanda, and that's when they locked me in that closet.
              AT: So that's where you disappeared to. No one tells me anything.
              (former) AF Adviser: I'm not going within a mile of that place again. Besides the Air Force has washed its hands of the whole thing. Sorry, but you guys are on your own. But I know you'll do your best to represent the Air Force well, as always.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55

AT: Tell me you didn't approve of Mitchell in command.
                (former) AF advisor: I tried to talk them out of it, Amanda, and that's when they locked me in that closet.
                AT: So that's where you disappeared to. No one tells me anything.
                (former) AF Adviser: I'm not going within a mile of that place again. Besides the Air Force has washed it's hands of the whole thing. Sorry, but you guys are on your own. But I know you'll do your best to represent the Air Force well, as always.
                (sorry can't help myself)

TPTB(from the background): Who are you talking to
                AT: no one! I am talking to no one
                TPTB(from the background): if you don't tell us you will be back to area 51
                AT: oh and Mitchell will have the lead again???
                TPTB(from the background): yes and also there will be no ship or anything!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                  Completely agree.

Spoiler:
                  Mitchell would not know how to pilot this ship. It irritated me that he just pushed the guy aside who actually knows how to pilot the ship. And Emerson was sadly reduced to being ineffective in the show as well. This is all due to making Mitchell look good---he is the hero and we must like him.
                  Oh well. TPTB now have their chance to write their fantasies about the male lead.
                  Spoiler:
                  Exactly. WHY in the world did Mitchell do that? Emerson was right there! It's his ship, FCOL! Yeah, they must have thought it would make Mitchell look good, but that bothered me the most about the episode.

I also don't like the fragmented team. They REALLY need to do something about it. While SG-1's great storylines are one reason I got hooked to the show, I LOVE the TEAM interaction. I saw some between the original characters, but with Sam and Mitchell it seemed a little forced.

I also don't want Sam simply spouting technobabble all the time. That's cool and all, but I don't want that to be all she's good for-explaining things. I need more Sam!!!!

BUT, I will say the episode wasn't all that bad. Not nearly the best season premiere; the only one worse was Avalon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    sam and jack got the air medal for saving earth in serpents grasp/lair.

they have not ever received the CMOH. despite the fact that, over the years, they're done tons more heroic stuff than taking a shot and crashing their ship.

i file the cmoh blunder with the 'there's no zoo in colorado springs' comment from chimera....lack of reasearch on behalf of the writers (the cheyenne mountain zoo is quite famous and located about 10 miles from the SGC)

i think someone just pulled the name of a medal out of their heads and didn't bother to google it...or didn't listen to their military advsior who should have educated them on the importance and reverance of the cmoh.
                    Lazy writing is what it is. Lazy, lazy, lazy. Get more writers, or as someone suggested earlier(in this thread I think), get some betas. I think there would be an amazing difference in the show. But, it'll never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                      Lazy writing is what it is. Lazy, lazy, lazy. Get more writers, or as someone suggested earlier(in this thread I think), get some betas. I think there would be an amazing difference in the show. But, it'll never happen.
                      Unfortunately, a beta is only useful if the writer is prepared to listen to and respect his or her opinion.

Comment

Amanda's doing really well, but Christopher Judge could use any votes anybody can spare.

I hate to see one of the original SG-1 actors so low down the list (67th), I'd like to see him move as close to the top as possible, with AT, RDA and MS.

http://www.celeeb.com/christopher-judge/

Comment

the most ironic part about using the regs, is that they use them when they WANT to. it was a convenient way to dodge the blame for any lack of sam and jack 'hey, the AF won't let us do it, it's against the regs'

yeah, well so is

co-leaders
                          neoptism
                          tank-tops on duty

just to name a very few

but those are ok since tehy make things easier for the writers.

in other words, they only tout the regs when it benefits them, if it's an inconvenience, they ignore the regs
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Some more photos from Thursday's party.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal

Lovely, thank you
                              Amanda and Claudia have the same color eyes

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal

Thank you so much *hug*! Where did you find the pics?
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X