Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i love seeing amanda photos.
    i've meant to ask this, but did everyone find/see amanda's birthmark?

sally
    Amanda's got a birthmark??? Cool!!
    I got a birthmark on my right side just below my ribs...not that you can see my ribs...my love handles get in the way!!!
    It looks like a thumb print...I like it coz no-one else in my family has one...only me!!!
    Not even my kids have one...no...I shouldn't say that...Tom has marks on the back of his head but i was told they were pressure marks from being born but they never faded...so I guess he has one too!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      IF they did decide to write something along the lines of what I suggested, I'd be afraid that they'd have an entire episode of Sam playing straight-man to Vala's funny, snarky lines. There is a tendency to polarize and exagerate characteristics in such scenes. Whereas, what I'd be really hoping for would be that the two did not become polar opposites, but rather that there was a creation of some common ground, a common goal, ugency of the moment taking over rather than one-line quips and put-downs.
      If only. We know AT has a good range & I've seen good work from CB in Farscape, though I wouldn't put her up there w/ AT. Why waste that talent on a 1 dimensional character?

And I agree w/you on the exaggerating part too. One of the things that most annoys me in shows is when one of the characters "breaks out" and everything becomes about him or her and they beat it to death. I think of Happy Days, which became "the Fonzie show." (like that won't date me. ) I think they're trying to *create* such a character in Vala b/c the writers are in love with their own ideas. To me Vala (since we're going to have to deal with her) would be best as a sort of accent/recurring character rather than a main character. But hey, they're not asking me.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        If only. We know AT has a good range & I've seen good work from CB in Farscape, though I wouldn't put her up there w/ AT. Why waste that talent on a 1 dimensional character?

And I agree w/you on the exaggerating part too. One of the things that most annoys me in shows is when one of the characters "breaks out" and everything becomes about him or her and they beat it to death. I think of Happy Days, which became "the Fonzie show." (like that won't date me. ) I think they're trying to *create* such a character in Vala b/c the writers are in love with their own ideas. To me Vala (since we're going to have to deal with her) would be best as a sort of accent/recurring character rather than a main character. But hey, they're not asking me.
        And they greatly exaggerate and overplay the break-out character's schtick.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O

[/center]
          Barrett: Bye, bye Mitchell. Boy, he really went sailing.
          Sam: Well, I told him not to touch that button. Maybe he'll listen next time.

Comment

Hehe....good one!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              And they greatly exaggerate and overplay the break-out character's schtick.
              They never heard the expression "leave the audience wanting more." Oh, wait--they're applying it to Sam and team moments.

Comment

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i love seeing amanda photos.

i've meant to ask this, but did everyone find/see amanda's birthmark?

sally

Hmm, I don't recall seeing a birthmark. I remember thinking she had a bruise on her arm, but I may have been wrong in my assumption.

Originally posted by chelle db
                  Great pis FSG1!! Just a couple of questions though...who was Carmen talking on the phone to and what were Amanda and Carmen doing...it looked like they were doing some sort of ballet dance or something in one of the shots!! So wish I had been able to go...I better win the lottery soon...then I can attend Vancouver con on 2007.
                  On Sunday, Carmen and Amanda came out on stage holding hands and Amanda started skipping. It was by sheer luck that I managed to get a picture of her in mid-air. I just thought the photo was so adorable that I couldn't resist sharing it with everyone.

Originally posted by chelle db
                  Same here!! I wonder who she looks like...Amanda or Alan? IIRC..Amanda has bought Olivia out on the stage at a con (don't ask which one coz I don't know!!) but no one was allowed to take pictures...which I totally understand. Did anyone see Alan and Olivia at Shore Leave? I know they were seen checking into the hotel but was that it??
                  Hmm, I'm pretty sure I've been to every con Amanda has attended since Olivia was born( well except Comic Con) and I don't recall her ever bringing Olivia on stage. However Amanda did mention that she was still nursing Olivia, so I think we can assume that she brings Olivia with her to the con events. I know she was at Gabit last year because there were times when she had to leave to attend to Olivia and while I never saw Amanda with Olivia myself at Shore Leave, I know several people who did see them together.

Personally, I find the interest with Amanda's daughter a bit frightening. I know everyone is interested to know what she looks like and to see her for themselves, but speaking as a mother, I hope most of Amanda's fans keep their distance and let them have their family time when they are together. I can somewhat understand people gawking over Amanda, but her family should be off-limits, especially a child as young as Olivia. I doubt she truly understands why so many people are interested in her mother or her, but that's just my opinion.
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 11 July 2006, 08:15 PM.

Comment

:
                    They never heard the expression "leave the audience wanting more." Oh, wait--they're applying it to Sam and team moments.
                    Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I've been to every con Amanda has attended since Olivia was born( well except Comic Con) and I don't recall her ever bringing Olivia on stage. However Amanda did mention that she was still nursing Olivia, so I think we can assume that she brings Olivia with her to the con events. I know she was at Gabit last year because there were times when she had to leave to attend to Olivia and while I never saw Amanda with Olivia myself at Shore Leave, I know several people who did see them together.

Personally, I find the interest with Amanda's daughter a bit frightening. I know everyone is interested to know what she looks like and to see her for themselves, but speaking as a mother, I hope most of Amanda's fans keep their distance and let them have their family time when they are together. I can somewhat understand people gawking over Amanda, but her family should be off-limits, especially a child as young as Olivia. I doubt she truly understands why so many people are interested in her mother or her, but that's just my opinion.

I totally agree with you Kat, its up to Amanda if she wants to release a picture of her daughter, and fans should respect their privacy.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It has taken me two weeks to read all the posts for this thread. Only jokin. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm so funny. . I like sammy.
                        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          I totally agree with you Kat, its up to Amanda if she wants to release a picture of her daughter, and fans should respect their privacy.
                          Amanda is being a good mom by protecting Olivia from the public eye. I have more repect for her for keeping Olivia's privacy. The child is going to have enough on her plate when she is older and everyone asks her "What's it like to be Amanda Tapping's daughter?" Let's give the kid some space.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                            It has taken me two weeks to read all the posts for this thread. Only jokin. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm so funny. . I like sammy.
                            Wow, you must be a fast reader. Two weeks to read 45,000 posts? I'm impressed. I'm surprised anyone actually reads the older posts. I have a hard enough time just catching up with the 10 or so pages I was behind while I was at Shore Leave this weekend.

Welcome to Samanda!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              I agree. At Olivia's age, so much attention from strangers would probably be very frightening.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                                I agree. At Olivia's age, so much attention from strangers would probably be very frightening.
                                Like everyone else here, I'd LOVE to see Olivia. LOVE to. I'll bet she's beyond adorable.

But it HAS to be Amanda's time. She has to be the one to introduce her. It would be completely inappropriate to assume that just because Olivia is out in public for a walk or something that Amanda is wanting her to be exposed to fandom.

I think we'll all see her someday but it has to be Amanda's time and Amanda's rules because it's her job to protect her daughter from unwanted attention and it's OUR job as her fans to respect her wishes.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X