Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    I know Sky will probably smite me for my off topicness, but the bar is now open to celebrate the fact that I have FINISHED MY DEGREE!!!!! I find out in two weeks or so what my final result is, but for now, no work, no more exams, no assignments and no alcohol. Whoops. Scrap the last one. I may have been secretly supping tonight
    i whole heartedly allow off-topicness for such fantastic news!!!

congrats tracy, it's well earned and i'm very happy for you
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      Aw.

I'm watching Revelations right now (so glad I voted for it in our Seasons of Sam tourny) and I never noticed before-when Sam gets zatted by Osiris in the lab, and her hologram collapses to the floor on the ship-Teal'c reaches out to catch her.

Very sweet.
      i know, isn't he sweet when he does that?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        I got the impression that Turghan hadn't beaten his wife - Nya thanked Sam for what she did for her mother. Why would she have done that if her mother had been beaten for something Sam had done?
        well, nya could be thanking sam for at least trying and speaking up???

i don't think she was raped. not only would the show not take that route but she so didn't act like it

i, however, don't see how she got out of it without some sort of repercussion. she was very subdued when nya talks to her, yet so happy when the boys were there.

course, at the end of meta sam is super happy too and she just got her genes unscrambled, which makes no sense

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i whole heartedly allow off-topicness for such fantastic news!!!

congrats tracy, it's well earned and i'm very happy for you
          Thanks Sky. I messed up today's exam because of panic attacks, but I figured it doesn't matter. Even if I hadn't turned up to the exam, I'd still pass with fairly good marks, so it's a case of sitting tight now.

Thank you *manic grin*
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I know Sky will probably smite me for my off topicness, but the bar is now open to celebrate the fact that I have FINISHED MY DEGREE!!!!! I find out in two weeks or so what my final result is, but for now, no work, no more exams, no assignments and no alcohol. Whoops. Scrap the last one. I may have been secretly supping tonight
            I'm happy for you TJ. Now the real work begins, looking for a job.

Comment

Thanks Sky. I messed up today's exam because of panic attacks, but I figured it doesn't matter. Even if I hadn't turned up to the exam, I'd still pass with fairly good marks, so it's a case of sitting tight now.

Thank you *manic grin*
              CONGRATULATIONS TRACY !!!

That is soo cool! How awesome for you, hun!! Way to go!

Hugs,
              mg (I was takin' a break and ya just had to go and suck me out again. Way to go and GRADUATE while I'm off being captious. Sheesh. )
              Last edited by minigeek; 06 June 2006, 03:20 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

well, nya could be thanking sam for at least trying and speaking up???
                Wouldn't Nya have said "Thank you for what you tried to do for my mother" if that was the case?

i don't think she was raped. not only would the show not take that route but she so didn't act like it
                Neither do I. She was pretty in control during her fight with Turghan.

i, however, don't see how she got out of it without some sort of repercussion. she was very subdued when nya talks to her, yet so happy when the boys were there.
                I wonder if Turghan had made sure that she knew that the repercussions would come that night, that he would beat her then or, if he had already done so, rape her, and that if she ran or tried to fight him, the other women would suffer the consequences.

When the others showed up, she knew that she could escape whatever Turghan had planned for her without endangering the others.

course, at the end of meta sam is super happy too and she just got her genes unscrambled, which makes no sense
                And at the end of "Desperate Measures" she bounced back from being drugged and experimented on pretty quickly.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  spoilers for s10

Spoiler:
                  here's what i want, as a sam fan and s/j shipper.

i want the second half of s10 to go in a certain direction. first, i want to either have it show that sam and jack are already married, or that they're going in that direction. second, i want things to start going in a direction that it's becoming apparent that the spinoff is going to be sam focused. and i want it that sam is given command of a starship (with a stargate 'on' it). if s10 is the same as s9 -mitchell, vala, daniel/vala- i think i want sam as far from this show as humanly possible.

so s10 ends with us knowing that sam and jack are together, and that sam's transferring off of sg1 to command her own ship. the new show - Stargate: Phoenix - will center around sam commanding, with her supporting cast a cast of newbies. the basis of the story is the Phoenix travels to other galaxies, but also can stay in our galaxy because of its own stargate on board. LOTS of potential for action/mission storylines, while still keeping the interpersonal relationships aspect of the show. you know, like stargate sg1 used to be like.

why am i talking so much?

okay, typing.

thoughts? feelings? itches?

sally
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm all in favour of Sam and Jack getting married but I don't know if I want them to be married already - mostly because I want to see the wedding.

I love the idea of a spin off based around Sam commanding a ship.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I've already said Congrats but i'll say it again

CONGRATS

And i'll even give you another Pina Colada !!

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                      I've already said Congrats but i'll say it again

CONGRATS

And i'll even give you another Pina Colada !!

Mmmmmm..... you got any more of those over there, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        Mmmmmm..... you got any more of those over there, eh?

But of course! One never knows when one might need some piiiina colada's!

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          And at the end of "Desperate Measures" she bounced back from being drugged and experimented on pretty quickly.
                          Yeah, they all bounce back pretty quickly after some of the more terrible things that happened to them (Jack after Abyss comes to mind). But honestly, if they aren't going to show the guys falling apart, I'm glad they don't show Carter falling apart either. I would be miffed if they singled her out to show weakness, realistic or not.

My LJ

Comment

Thanks Sky, Strix, Lizlove, LaCroix, Sammo and the Geek. *hugs* Despite the exam, and the fact that I literally had to throw my best friend over my shoulder and carry her home (yes, she had had that much), I'm in an excellent mood. And it makes it so much better being to share the news with you guys (Gads, I must be drunk to be writing this twaddle). Thank youuuuuuuu

Hmmm, as for LaCroix's job comment... do you think they're hiring writers on SG1? I think in my current state, I'd be just what they're looking for (draw your own conclusions)
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You are the absolute BESTest !

Originally posted by MajorSam
                              But of course! One never knows when one might need some piiiina colada's!

Comment

do you think they're hiring writers on SG1? I think in my current state, I'd be just what they're looking for (draw your own conclusions)
                                Are you unable to stop laughing, even when you try, Tracy? Because I think that's a pre-requisite...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...62#post5374962

mg

Comment

Working...
                                X