Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    that is a difficult decision whereas Grace was all Sam, the interactions being aspects of her own mind and a learning experience for her. I thought Death Knell had a mixture of Sam's great aspects. We had Soldier Sam running for her life, doing what she had to do to survive until back up came. We had scientist Sam fiddling with the rocket to try and take out the invincible enemy, and we had Sam the person (for lack of a better term) giving up hope and accepting her obviously inevitable demise, its just too bad that episode had all that boring political stuff mixed into it.
    they did the same thing with 'desperate measures', wasting time with jack trying to find her instead of showing more time of the hell sam was going through.

okay, i want all sam/all the time eps, but still.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

i think desp meas was ok...but i wanted to see fallout from it. not jack in the bed at the end.

my fantasy end? the boys giving sam a ride home or showing up on her doorstep with pizzas and being invited infor dinner
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
        [COLOR="DarkRed"]Yeah, you know the prosaic, boring, RL reason that is? Because the Gateworld smilies encoded make the gifs sit down on a line with text (nice-like), but images inside the [IMG] tags sit right above a line; so you can't make 'em line up proper! Not even if you trim them to within zero of a pixel of their little lives. Besides, if you do that, the feature-frakked monstrosity that is Internet Explorer can't render animated gifs properly without chipping away at the right and bottom borders (found that out when Jello Teal'c kept losing an ear). Mozilla works fine, of course. Bah. If they get round to being encoded they'll line up better.

if you say so, dr scarimor.

scari did her techno, and babbled well

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          You know, I'm actually leaning toward Avenger 2.0?

We get Concerned!Sam as a friend and co-worker. Her team is stranded and she's trying to get them home. Plus she's concerned about Felger's well being.

We get funny Straightman!Sam...playing off of Felger's lunacy...from the photon torpedo to the Carter Barbie doll on his couch that she sits on.

We get Scientist!Sam...working out the plan with Felger and Chloe.

We get TakeCharge!Sam...taking responsibility and willing to strand herself in enemy territory with Felger for at least the chance to fix things.

We get Delusion!Sam...getting into a wrestling match with Delusion!Chloe.

We get Commando!Sam...blowing away the oncoming Jaffa.

I loved this episode...but then I adore Jay Felger. Albeit, in really small doses. Since we've only seen him twice, I am able to enjoy his wacky contribution to the Stargate universe.
          i really liked that ep too (and felger! ).

that ending scene where felger sees sam and chloe wresting... notice how NOT over the top it was? it was cute and sexy, but it was *clearly* not real because stargate NEVER overdid sexual innuendo. well, before things got valaery that is.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

that ending scene where felger sees sam and chloe wresting... notice how NOT over the top it was? it was cute and sexy, but it was *clearly* not real because stargate NEVER overdid sexual innuendo. well, before things got valaery that is.

sally
            True, true. And we don't need that innuendo! Stargate survived 8 years without it. Haha, the first time I saw that scene, I was like 'I know this isn't real. It CANNOT be real!"

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie

and just typing sam and cam bothers me. alright, from now on its sam and mitchell! no more rhyming names!
              that's why i've called him mitchell from the beginning; the other's too close to 'sam'.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

that's why i've called him mitchell from the beginning; the other's too close to 'sam'.

sally
                I call him whatever happens to come out...Cam, Mitchell, Cameron, Ol' Boy....

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
                  Ah, I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a good vid of Sam that was ship free. I really like Sam's character, but I have a hard time finding vids that are not... well, S/J... and that's obviously not my preferred pairing...

Sorry if anyone's asked that question before...and I hope I'm not offending anyone by asking...
                  Try this one:
                  http://www.uberamandafan.com/

"That Girl". Very well done. I'd have thought the song annoying, but it grows on you. It's more Amanda than Sam but totally worth it. It's by a fellow Samanda. fan

Suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
                    Ah, I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a good vid of Sam that was ship free. I really like Sam's character, but I have a hard time finding vids that are not... well, S/J... and that's obviously not my preferred pairing...

Sorry if anyone's asked that question before...and I hope I'm not offending anyone by asking...
                    Have you checked Astro's Sam vid list? You'll find it on her page:
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/599721/

I think that most, if not all, of those are ship free.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      i think desp meas was ok...but i wanted to see fallout from it. not jack in the bed at the end.

my fantasy end? the boys giving sam a ride home or showing up on her doorstep with pizzas and being invited infor dinner
                      Whew! for a sec I thought you were going into dangerous territory there Sky
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i want to share a story i did once (in my head) that i thought would make a kick-butt episode!

i won't go into big details, but it was about sam being left behind on a hostile (invironment) planet. i've done variations on it, but one of the reasons was that she was being punished by the local aliens or something. anyhoo...

<snip>
                        wow, i'm typing WAY more than i intended!

but anyways, i think this would have made a very interesting story for the show. i'm sure they would have had to change some things, but it would have been fantastic to see sam handling this situation!

sorry for the long post.

sally
                        Ahhh! Sally do you know what happened last time some one posted a fic idea/request....this

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=39186

JK, nice scenario Sal
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

sally
                          I don't know, Sal. I thought that scene WAS over the top, and I never liked it. To each their own.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            Ahhh! Sally do you know what happened last time some one posted a fic idea/request....this

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=39186

JK, nice scenario Sal
                            And it was SO great Mandy! I want some more good fic. Some angst maybe. Has anyone ever thought that was a funny word...angst...hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                              And it was SO great Mandy! I want some more good fic. Some angst maybe. Has anyone ever thought that was a funny word...angst...hehe.
                              Thanks LA have you tried Strix's site, a lot of Sam whumping fics and angst stories
                              http://vikingchick.gyrfalcon.net/stargate.htm
                              http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/whumping.htm
                              Last edited by Mandysg1; 18 May 2006, 07:45 PM.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                I don't know, Sal. I thought that scene WAS over the top, and I never liked it. To each their own.
                                Yeah, I felt the same way. The other scene that I have a hard time watching is the ending of The Other Guys when Jay hallucinates that Sam is kissing him. It probably wouldn't have bothered me so much if Sam wasn't in her dress blues standing in the middle of the SGC gateroom when she did it, but for some reason whenever I see that scene now it just bothers me.

Just another instance of a director living through the characters. How many times did they say Amanda was asked to do that kissing scene simply because they wanted to watch her kiss him over and over?

Comment

Working...
                                X