Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    So I hope no one apologizes for the pairing in a fic...just say what it is and let people decide for themselves.

Wouldn't that be grand? Sam fic (in any form - ship or otherwise) which didn't involve fan politics?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Man, I really wish Sal were here to chip in on this.
      Sorry Strix...but word is she read about the 2007 GABIT event and is currently undergoing CPR by some studly EMT.

And that's the 411.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

You know what guys? Just forget it. I've said my bit - and if it makes no sense or sounds all accusy without helping out with at least a suggestion regarding constrictively moving forward with a change, then I apologize. I concede - I don't have a plan to make it all peachy. I don't have a frickin clue how to magically change any of it. So maybe that means we should just forget about it all together.

I'll get PMs like this:
        I for one {snip} find it very intimidating to post for fear of being deemed, stupid or ignorant. So many thoughts are kept to myself or like now,{snip}Thank you for taking the words out of my mouth and reconstructing them into a viable post
        But no one's actually willing to post that publicly. And I know why - the people most vocal here (including myself) can be (totally inadvertently) intimidating to those less vocal. That's how life goes and I appreciate that. Most of the more vocal people here I consider online friends, despite the fact we're not seeing the same scenario in this particular instance. I really do love you guys!

And I REALLY don't want anyone to feel accused or maligned or like I'm trying to start an unfounded witch hunt. I apologize for that, again. I need to learn to keep my frickin yap shut, get back to work and, above that, I really take a break for a bit. It's FANfiction FCOL. T'aint even worth it.

What the hell difference does it make? Just ignore me.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
          You asked, you pleaded. We were listening.

Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping together. A very special event to be held early 2007. It’s no longer a dream.

The Gabit website will be updated within the next few weeks with more information.

We told you some things in life were worth waiting for.

The G4
          Gabit Events
          So this won't be a GABIT event.

With Rick there, it'll be a GRABIT event. (Get Rick & Amanda Back in Town)

Eh? Eh?!???

Aw come on. That's funny.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Eh? Eh?!???

*Pats Oooober on the head* Yes dear it's very funny
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping together. A very special event to be held early 2007. It’s no longer a dream.

The Gabit website will be updated within the next few weeks with more information.

The G4
              Gabit Events
              now if i'd just win the lotto!!!!!

congrats julia, you girls have pulled off a coup. and, for the first time, i almost wish i wasn't doing gabit 2 so that i could do this one.

but a job well done to you ladies and i'm sure it'll be a success. the kids on the jackfic list will be having a coniption right about now
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The G4
                Gabit Events
                WHAT??????????????????? Beg, Borrow and no, can't steal but I'm sooooo going somehow!!!

Comment

Here. To make up for being such a loser, I'm going to UNASHAMEDLY post a really great Sam!Fic series with established Sam/Jack overtones.

One of the best fanfictions I've ever read in fact and one of the best ever Sam WHUMPS, too. IMHO. This story is three seperate stories.

WW3 01: Active Duty - Vanessa Nichols
                  WW3 02: Bathurst - Vanessa Nichols
                  WW3 03: The War Of The Damned - Vanessa Nichols

geek(wow, that felt great)

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                    WHAT??????????????????? Beg, Borrow and no, can't steal but I'm sooooo going somehow!!!
                    Hey Poz Congrats on your 1000th post
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i guess i should clarify.

i personally never apologize for what's in my fic. I write what the plot dictates nd if sam and jack are together, they're together. if not, they're not. heck, in the past few months i wrote a fic that was very daniel centered...and i knew dang good and well that there was not enough ship in it for the shippers, and the daniel fans will die before they read one of my fic, so it'd get very few reviews or reads. but i wrote it anyway. because my muse gave it to me and i put it down on paper.

When i rec fic, i rec them with the knowledge that there is no fic that everyone will like. sally does'nt do fic. my friend sue will not read rape fic, yam hates ship...etc. so when there's something i see as a squick in a fic, i mention it.

not to turn people away from it, but to let them make thier own choice and to have all the info they need to make a confirmed choice.

sigpic

Comment

Eh? Eh?!???

snerk

what a punderful job

sigpic

Comment

Eh? Eh?!???

I didn't know you lurked on the GABIT boards!! For the others: you should see their GRABIT campaign. The G4 were being teases about the big surprise as well (I only spotted them today, d'oh), saying that when the opportunity arises, you just have to GRAB IT. Shoulda caught on sooner.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            I didn't know you lurked on the GABIT boards!! For the others: you should see their GRABIT campaign. The G4 were being teases about the big surprise as well (I only spotted them today, d'oh), saying that when the opportunity arises, you just have to GRAB IT. Shoulda caught on sooner.
                            So...I'm not as original as I thought?

DOH.

*sulks*

Comment

[quoteOriginally Posted by Deejay435
                              If I can just go OT for a bit here.

I saw my doctor today-got the resutls of my most recent CT scan. The CT scans, since Jan, have shown very small shadows where my tumors had been, with no size changes at all. THey could have been, per the doc, scar tissue or damaged tissue from the tumor-with no real tumor there.

Today's results? There is nothing at all on the CT scans!

Doc says that means I am in "Durable Remission".

I'm so happy I could cry. [quote]

[I]

Oh Deej I wish I could hug you in person! I'm so happy for you!!![/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                I really resent it when you call the thread "sort of anti-ship." That makes it sound like anti-shippers rule the roost and force our attitudes of hating ship on the rest of you against your wills. Which I don't think is true, but I am willing to discuss, since you apparently do. I could start a rant about how the thread is pro-ship just as easily, I think. Because that's really and truly how I feel.
                                I guess we both feel the opposite. I do feel (as you mentioned). Even though I'm vocal and not necessarily intimidated from posting my pro shipper POV, I do feel (often) that the POV is not necessarily welcomed. Whether it's me saying it, or CJ or Uber or whomever else.

But ya know what? In the end, I realized something far more important than all that right before my last post - I was getting all worked up too and upset, and I thought - WHY? It was my own damn fault for bringing it up, that's why.

I don't resent any of you, and certainly Strix I consider YOU a friend. Whether we're both of the same mindset over Samanda's collective view of fanfiction seems like such a silly trivial thing at the end of that. It's FANFICTION and "SHIP". How less consequential to life can you get? Worth debating, perhaps - arguing over? No way.

So I just wanna let it go. Obviously, each of us feels our own version of "my POV isn't widely accepted here", so I'm quite hoping to just let us agree that (whatever those opinions are), the friendships we all have mean more than they do, and it's not worth upsetting one another over it.

I certainly never meant to cause you undue resentment.

Hugs,
                                geek

Comment

Working...
                                X