Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    yes, thank goodness its' back.

I mean, here i was, working up to post 10,000 and the forum's been down ALL DAY!!!!!!!

arrrgghhh

but on the upside, i finished my au fic from hell

almost 70,000 words and 120+ single spaced pages.
    Um I think I've got 12 pages
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
      snip, snip I just saw that the Conan O'brien thing was on last night and fans reported that the only cast members on the show that focused on the 200th episode were the new cast members. SG-1 isn't even recognizable anymore. This little segment was about the 200th episode.. A large part of why we are even seeing the 200th episode is because of the original cast members. This is just another way of further alienating long-term fans. snip, snip
      DING, DING, DING, ----- you win the prize for hitting the nail on the head. THANK YOU VERY MUCH and if this isn't obvious to the people making this show now then all is lost for any semblence of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        DING, DING, DING, ----- you win the prize for hitting the nail on the head. THANK YOU VERY MUCH and if this isn't obvious to the people making this show now then all is lost for any semblence of SG1.
        In that case, all would seem to be lost.

I understand that TPTB want to promote the new characters and actors, but there would be no two hundredth episode to celebrate without the original characters; by my estimates, Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c have each appeared in at least 80% of the first two hundred episodes - in Sam's case, and Teal'c's in particular, far more. Assuming they appear in every episode of the first six of Season Ten, Mitchell will have appeared in 13%, Vala in 7.5% and Landry in 12%.

Between the three of them, they have not played half as big a part in the first 199 episodes as any of the four original members of SG-1, so why all the focus on them for 200?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          Originally posted by tsaxlady
          Okay I'm working my way through the thread and this may have been addressed already. I can't remember if it is in the commentary for "Full Alert" or if I heard the story at a con but they talked about that scene and how Amanda had a Doctor appointment to get to and it was the last scene to film for the day with her in it. They wanted her for me but they were behind schedule and she could not miss her appointment so they changed the plans for her in the final scene had her sit down quickly get a shot of her and off she went.

i know i'm a bit old on replying to this, but i saved this post to reply to later. well, now it's later. anyhoo, what scene are we talking about from 'full alert'?

sally
          When Sam is in the control room and gets the fax that she hands of to O'Neill and that is all she does in the scene. It is more like something you would see Walter do not Sam.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Thank you chocdoc, binkpmmc, and ReganX. I so absolutely agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              yes, thank goodness its' back.

I mean, here i was, working up to post 10,000 and the forum's been down ALL DAY!!!!!!!
              i had to work all day. i didn't know the forum was down untill i came online after 6pm. i didn't have to wait long.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                okay, barbra's music is really getting to me!

spoilers for s8's 'moebius'

Spoiler:
                on the shipper thread, we're talking about 'moebius'. the moment i think of that ep, three things come to mind. s/j ship, geeksam, and... sam died.

stop and *really* think about it.

everything we've seen sam go through for 8 years was only to lead to her death. by execution.

maybe i take these things too seriously, but it breaks my heart to even THINK of the scene where this happened. i really, REALLY hate the writers for doing this.

yes, i know, because of what the geekygroup did, our ppl never had to go back and fix the timeline. BUT, it still DID happen. our sam, jack, and teal'c were executed. and daniel had to experience the rest of his life with that knowledge.

make me shut off barbra's music!

but

sally protecting -->

Now Sally if Barbra's music is really getting to you, you have a few more choices you can make you know?

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Hmm, wasn't quite sure what to do with the banner on such short notice, but I came up with a new Samanda Song.

Be a numpty
                (sung to Be a Pepper tune)

snip

Oh - I'm a numpty, he's a numpty, she's a numpty, we are numpties
                Wouldn't you like to be a numpty too?

Originally posted by Deejay435
                LOL! I was just singing that in my head, before I saw your post. Seriously was about to write something similar.

How about this one then:

Ole Samanda had a thread,
                ei ei oh
                And on this thread she had some Numpties
                ei ei oh.
                With a "What Duh?" here and a "Huh? What?" there.
                Here a "D'oi", there a "Wha". Everywhere a "What, Duh."
                Ole Samanda had a thread,
                ei ei oh!
                See the choices you have Sal, why you can even drop Barbra and go for Helen (okaaay, that didn't come out right )
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  In that case, all would seem to be lost.

I understand that TPTB want to promote the new characters and actors, but there would be no two hundredth episode to celebrate without the original characters; by my estimates, Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c have each appeared in at least 80% of the first two hundred episodes - in Sam's case, and Teal'c's in particular, far more. Assuming they appear in every episode of the first six of Season Ten, Mitchell will have appeared in 13%, Vala in 7.5% and Landry in 12%.

Between the three of them, they have not played half as big a part in the first 199 episodes as any of the four original members of SG-1, so why all the focus on them for 200?
                  To quote Cameron, "Boggles the mind, don't it?"

It's just one of those illogical things. I purposely didn't post it here, because I don't want to be bashy (yep, bashy ), but to keep it somewhat on topic, I must wonder why Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Jack weren't featured in any footage, and why the actors weren't even included in any interviews.

Considering Pierre Bernard actually has past experience with the four original actors from his Behind The Gate special a year or so ago, you'd think he would've been inclined to interview them.

Oh well. I'm of the belief that the entire shebang was ordered from NBC, because Conan didn't seem to want to have anything to do with the little clip. And the audience didn't seem to get much out of it until the end. Just my opinion, though.

Comment

Absolutely!

Which is why I avoid spoilers as much as I can. I find they tend to skew my enjoyment of whatever episode they're spoiling. The good parts are never as good as I've imagined them, so I'm disappointed. The bad parts are never as bad as I imagine them, but by the time the episode airs, I'm annoyed so by the spoilers that I don't enjoy it as much as I would have watching it 'clean'.
                    My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    What are your favorite Carter images or character aspects?
                    I would say my favorite aspect of Sam's character is that she is tough when she needs to be, but still thinks about the ethical side of things and what is morally right, like in Entity or Urgo. I love that she is like that

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Great post Astro
                    I don't know if I could put in words, all that Sam Carter is, but I found a song whose lyrics describes not only Sam, but Amanda and I think all of us.

I Am Woman

-Artist: Helen Reddy from "Helen Reddy's Greatest Hits": EMI ST 11467
                    -Words and Music by Helen Reddy and Ray Burton

I am woman, hear me roar

In numbers too big to ignore

And I know too much to go back an' pretend

'cause I've heard it all before
                    And I've been down there on the floor

No one's ever gonna keep me down again

continued on next post
                    Awesome post! I'd green you, but it's saying I need to spread more around I Love the pics you posted to go along with the lyrics
                    Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                    Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Posting again to say Happy Birthday stargate barbie!! I hope you have a great day!
                      Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                      Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Happy Birthday StargateBarbie!

Comment

NC

Comment

Happy Birthday

Stargate Barbie

Teal'c's getting your birthday dinner ready for you
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Someone posted upthread a request that we share traits or pics of Sam that we like. As I have very few pics on my computer, I shall have go with words to describe her:
                              • Sam has true courage. Not the "I'm not afraid of anything, so I'll just go about doing all sorts of dangerous things because that's what I do!" kind of nonsense that often masquerades as courage on TV. Sam is afraid of things, she knows that her life is oft at stake, and really worries about that. Moreover, she knows the lives of people she loves are at stake, and fears for them. Buit she perseveres despite her fears-because that's what a real hero does.
                              • Sam is tough, she weathers injuries and pain to do what she needs to do. Given the state of my own health right now, I find that a fantastic role model.
                              • Sam is a fantastic role model. She has integrity and honor; she's one who often puts others before herself, and she has compassion and concern for everyone.
                              • Sam is very professional, and takes her job very seriously.
                              • Despite that she has a great sense of humor.
                              • Sam has a kick-butt smile.
                              • She's the consummate military officer.
                              • Despite that she has not lost any of her feminine qualities. It would be so easy for her to be 'manly' or a 'witch with a b'. But she isn't.
                              • Sam is brilliant. Her problem solving skills are so quick. And they encompass such a huge sphere. She's not just brilliant in a narrow astrophysics field, but her mind works just as quickly when she's out of her natural element as when she's in.
                              • Sam knows when to let down the military defenses and let someone in. As much as she may believe it's 'not the military way', she can relax her guard enough to be there when Cassie needs her.
                              • She's a true friend.
                              • She leads by inspiration and example. Not by the insignia on her uniform.
                              • She's earned the trust of her team, especially Jack O'Neill who isn't predisposed to trust anyone, least of all a scientist.
                              • She doesn't trade on her gender to get what she needs, and she never stoops to sexual innuendo and blatany vampisness to get her way, or to be considered bright, interesting, or funny.
                              • She's multi-faceted; she doesn't fit into one little pigeon hole.
                              • Wormholes, motorycycle riding, and lockpicking. Oh my!

Comment

Someone posted upthread a request that we share traits or pics of Sam that we like. As I have very few pics on my computer, I shall have go with words to describe her:
                                • Sam has true courage. Not the "I'm not afraid of anything, so I'll just go about doing all sorts of dangerous things because that's what I do!" kind of nonsense that often masquerades as courage on TV. Sam is afraid of things, she knows that her life is oft at stake, and really worries about that. Moreover, she knows the lives of people she loves are at stake, and fears for them. Buit she perseveres despite her fears-because that's what a real hero does.
                                • Sam is tough, she weathers injuries and pain to do what she needs to do. Given the state of my own health right now, I find that a fantastic role model.
                                • Sam is a fantastic role model. She has integrity and honor; she's one who often puts others before herself, and she has compassion and concern for everyone.
                                • Sam is very professional, and takes her job very seriously.
                                • Despite that she has a great sense of humor.
                                • Sam has a kick-butt smile.
                                • She's the consummate military officer.
                                • Despite that she has not lost any of her feminine qualities. It would be so easy for her to be 'manly' or a 'witch with a b'. But she isn't.
                                • Sam is brilliant. Her problem solving skills are so quick. And they encompass such a huge sphere. She's not just brilliant in a narrow astrophysics field, but her mind works just as quickly when she's out of her natural element as when she's in.
                                • Sam knows when to let down the military defenses and let someone in. As much as she may believe it's 'not the military way', she can relax her guard enough to be there when Cassie needs her.
                                • She's a true friend.
                                • She leads by inspiration and example. Not by the insignia on her uniform.
                                • She's earned the trust of her team, especially Jack O'Neill who isn't predisposed to trust anyone, least of all a scientist.
                                • She doesn't trade on her gender to get what she needs, and she never stoops to sexual innuendo and blatany vampisness to get her way, or to be considered bright, interesting, or funny.
                                • She's multi-faceted; she doesn't fit into one little pigeon hole.
                                • Wormholes, motorycycle riding, and lockpicking. Oh my!

Great post Deejay, with bullet points too!
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X