Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    spoilers for s3 of atlantis ('the return')

here's a link for the story on the front page of gateworld: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...oriatlan.shtml

Spoiler:
    okay, does anyone else think that maybe this appearance of jack's was meant to be sam's? maybe this is what they had in mind for sam, but since ppl put up a fuss, they've given the storyline to jack?

thoughts?

sally
    Actually, that was exactly my thought when I read it, Sally. I agree, they originally planned that for Sam.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by giggles
      Would you choose to work somewhere you weren't treated fairly and with respect?
      I hope not but then there are other considerations that may come into play. She has a deep sense of loyalty, not only to the franchise but to her fans. Plus she's put a good piece of her heart into her work...that might be tough to walk away from regardless of how things change in the work environment.

But you're right. It's best to believe that she's being treated with respect and unless I hear otherwise, I'll just assume that to be the case.

I think we're just sensitive because we only want the best for her, ya know?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        Actually, that was exactly my thought when I read it, Sally. I agree, they originally planned that for Sam.
        Strix! I just read Knife's Edge of Madness. Great Sam fic.

*stands and applauds*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

*stands and applauds*
          Thanks, Über.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            super sprog
            sprog?

here's a link for the story on the front page of gateworld: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...oriatlan.shtml

Spoiler:
            okay, does anyone else think that maybe this appearance of jack's was meant to be sam's? maybe this is what they had in mind for sam, but since ppl put up a fuss, they've given the storyline to jack?

thoughts?

sally
            Now that would just be depressing, wouldn't it?
            Spoiler:
            that RDA's return actually ends up taking what little Carter was going to get and giving it to another? Oy!

However... if it was originally slated to be Carter's role... why not just leave Carter there, and have Jack join in? Why take Carter out? Ugh... that line of thought is just too depressing!
            Originally posted by giggles
            I don't think you can really know know that. How can you assume to know whether she thinks she's not wanted on the show anymore, or whether she thinks she's very blessed every day to be working with a great group of people she might have come to love like her own family over the past decade? I respect that you care, and that you mean well, but it's ideas like this that generate negative rumors which fly all over the internet and make a lot of people really unhappy. That kind of thing doesn't do anyone a good service. Maybe we should all assume that Amanda's very happy right now and that she's exactly where and with whom she wants to be. You never know, right?
            Good to see you around, giggles.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
              Now you're speculating that she doesn't consider the money worth the aggravation.

See how ridiculous this kind of over-zealous thread policing is?
              It's ALL speculation. Who's to say she's aggravated? Amanda clearly isn't locked into SG-1 as her only source of work. If she was upset with her job situation, she could easily leave.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                sprog?Now that would just be depressing, wouldn't it?
                Spoiler:
                that RDA's return actually ends up taking what little Carter was going to get and giving it to another? Oy!

However... if it was originally slated to be Carter's role... why not just leave Carter there, and have Jack join in? Why take Carter out? Ugh... that line of thought is just too depressing!
                After the way I felt TPTB treated Carter last year (don't get me started on the long list of wasted opportunities like Sam and Janet's friendship in Ripple Effect for starters), I'll be delighted if they give us any meaty material for her this next year.
                Originally posted by astrogeologist
                Good to see you around, giggles.
                Well just like you and others, AstroG, I'm sure we'll see many other Samandans return to the fold over the next few months as we edge closer to the new season. (by the way, have I properly reprimanded you for your absence in the last few days?)

Oh and something else...is it just me or is anyone else psyched about getting to see her and Rick in promotional stuff? Because last year was my first year in fandom and of course Mr. RDA was exiting stage left to be with his daughter and Amanda was otherwise occupied with little things like giving birth and spending time with her new little girl to do it.

Anyway...my point is, as much as I love Chris, I really MISSED not seeing RDA and AT promoting the show and I just think it's really cool that they are able to this year.

But then like I said, I only joined fandom last January so maybe no one else notices the differences as much as I do. But as the Royal Pain in the Mik'ta, it's my place to make a fuss where none is warranted, right?
                Last edited by Uber; 02 May 2006, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Since it's been awhile I thought I'd make a demotivational poster.

You know I'll confess that when I think of the whole "Mary Poppins" crack, I envision Sam kinda whacking him in the nose like she did in First Commandment. "Well, that was refreshing."

*snerk*

Comment

Oh and something else...is it just me or is anyone else psyched about getting to see her and Rick in promotional stuff? Because last year was my first year in fandom and of course Mr. RDA was exiting stage left to be with his daughter and Amanda was otherwise occupied with little things like giving birth and spending time with her new little girl to do it.
                    i would *love* to see that!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Wow. That totally went over my head. I don't know whether to be relieved or perturbed.

I think it's a mix of both.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Wow. That totally went over my head. I don't know whether to be relieved or perturbed.

I think it's a mix of both.
                        I just want to know if they've figured out how many eps Sam will be in Atlantis...or has that changed?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

i would *love* to see that!

sally
                          Well we have already Sal...at least a little. Some tv stuff...all Canadian of course *grumbles* and some newspaper stuff too.

Wouldn't it be cool if she were on, say, The View or some other US show? Strong leading woman in longrunning franchise and all that? That'd be cool.

Or on Ellen. *giggles spastically* With their senses of humor, I bet that'd be a riot.

On edit: I have nothing against Canadian tv except that it's tough for me...a humble Americano...to get my grubby mitts on the Canadian shows. Is it too much to hope for to get her on Fox and Friends (Kate Mulgrew did that for the series finale of Voyager)? Or Regis and Kelly??? Something I can actually get a copy of without having to bribe one of my Canadian friends with chocolate to record for me??? *continues to grumble*

Comment

*stands and applauds*
                            HOLY...

I just realized how many of Strix's fics I read looong ago without even realizing it. You know a fic is a good one when you read two lines (or the summary) and immediately know what it's about. I'm a big fan of this story.

Now... How about those other ones?

ETA: I'm reading this fic again, and - not to gush - but this seriously could've been an awesome ep for Sam in S5.

Comment

Spoiler:

thoughts?

sally

Hey I had a quick thought based on the spoilers I read on the forum ... for some reason my dial-up will not allow me to view the homepage of GW (not sure what that's about) . So the following spoiler/thought/aggravation based on what little I have read. All that to say I may not have read the whole story/spoiler.

Spoiler:
                              I agree I thought it was an AT story since Sam and Woosley had a heart to heart of sorts earlier this season (s9) and the man finally showed a little respect to Sam and SG-1.

Okay so there are replicates (sp?) now (human robots). Are we out of ideas, no original name/enemy came to mind, or are these replicators???? Here is my thought AT reprises her role as replicator carter and she kidnaps O'Neill and Woosley. Hence RDA and AT are both on Atlantis, although it would be a better story on SG-1, but hey no one asked me.

I'm hoping RDA is on SG-1 more than the 200th episode, because as much as I love to see him I also love his character's interaction with Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                HOLY...

I just realized how many of Strix's fics I read looong ago without even realizing it. You know a fic is a good one when you read two lines (or the summary) and immediately know what it's about. I'm a big fan of this story.

Now... How about those other ones?

ETA: I'm reading this fic again, and - not to gush - but this seriously could've been an awesome ep for Sam in S5.
                                I'm also partial to that Carter is a cat fic...Nine Lives. It frankly surprised me because I thought it'd be cheesy but I can so easily see her ears folding back and tail twitching with irritation. And the whole sequence when she was high on the catnip in the toy Jack got her as a joke? And Teal'c's hamster? "I shall call him Thor."

*snerkles*

Comment

Working...
                                X