Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    It's the naquadah that allows to use the Goa'uld tech. Specifically, naquadah in your blood. The protein marquer is only left when the symbiote dies within the host.
    Thanks.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      As the (un)official Samandan PLA-thunker, it is my duty to keep everyone here on there...uh...toes.
      Hey, I'll join ya there in the PLAthunkin' sweetheart. Sounds like a cool club to be in!

(PS-> dipsofjazz made that clapping Sam smilie, I think!)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        is the gene therapy treatment thinger from atlantis? so it changes ppl's genes to have the ancient properties? if so, BRING IT ON FOR SAM!

sally
        Would Sam really want that after what she went through in Metamorphosis at the hands of oh soooo evil Nirti
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          I'm not sure Jack has the protein marker. As far as I remember, Sam has it because Jolinar died within her. Kanan left Jack. I don't think he left anything but bad memories to Jack.
          And what would Janet, Teal'c and Jack do with only the protein marker ? Isn't it the naquadah in Sam's blood that's supposed to make Goa'uld stuff work ?
          As Sam able to use Ancient technology because she has the Ancient gene, I'm not sure I'd love it. It has a bad taste of "Super Sam" for me. I'd like better if she was frustrated because she couldn't make it work at first but try to find a way to bypass the gene switching on Merlin's devices or others. Of course, it works, but I like it better when Sam has to explore a device, put it apart, try something and then something else to make it work. I don't want to see her find a device, put her hand on it, see it glow and then only have to say "Cool!".
          Ah yes the protien marker, you're right Jack didn't have it or the naquada b/c the 'snake' left him before bonding with the host. I often wonder, the Tok'ra are supposed to be able to now get rid of the Goa'uld from the hosts, doesn't that mean they wouldn't have the marker or naquada? Therefore doesn't it mean Vala wouldn't be able to use the devices?
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sorry I haven't been around much, but real life won't let up. Just wanted to say "hi" and let you all know I'm thinking of you. Looking forward to more Sam in season 10 and of course, GABIT. I'll be around more soon, I hope.

Everyone, take care.

I'll be posting my AT pics from Vancouver shortly.....technical problems.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

thanks mini for the green you're right it is mesmerizing, just like the "light" I don't know how long I've been watching it.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Ah yes the protien marker, you're right Jack didn't have it or the naquada b/c the 'snake' left him before bonding with the host. I often wonder, the Tok'ra are supposed to be able to now get rid of the Goa'uld from the hosts, doesn't that mean they wouldn't have the marker or naquada? Therefore doesn't it mean Vala wouldn't be able to use the devices?
                Ha! That's a good point, Mandy.

My LJ

Comment

No. The Tok'ra can remove the Goa'uld and then there's no protein marker left, but they can't remove the naquadah in the host's blood, therefore the naquadah remains and people such as Vala can use Goa'uld devices.
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I thought removing the symbiote left the naquadah in the blood, because that's released continuously by the symbiote, and it's the maquadah that allows the host to use the technology, because it acts like a power source, a trigger, if you will. It's the protein marker that wouldn't be left in the host, so Vala would still be prone to Machello's devices, for example, whereas Sam wouldn't.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Just a fly by post to say goodbye for a while.

I will be off line for a while for my big move and until I can get a connection sorted at my new pad which may take a while.

1speed is kindly helping me with the move and he is driving the large van with a lot of my gear in whilst I drive up in the car. The journey is expected to take one and a half days. He will be reverting to (truck driver) type and sporting a grubby string vest,baseball cap and tatty denims. I'm wondering what sort of tatoo he has gone and got done and I'm also expecting a "Women of Sci Fi" calendar to be pinned up in the cab. There will be lots of hanging out the cab window wolf whistling at any female totty he passes. His music choice is verging on the heavy metal and he's currently rooting out a soft toy from somewhere to strap to the bumber. The Yorkie bars are on me!!

Have fun everyone

ttfn

Comment

Hahahahaha. Yorkie bars and truckers. What is with that?! Good luck with the move, Coley! Whereabouts are you moving to? And speak to you soon.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lys
                          I think you're correct. At first, you'll find high levels of the protein marquer and then when time passes, the levels decrease. If we assume the protein marker and the naquadah left by Jolinar in Sam's blood work this way, it could be the reason why she couldn't make the healing device work on Daniel almost 4 years after Jolinar and why she could make it work on Cronus only 1 year after Jolinar.
                          If this is the explanation and if for once there's consistent writing, we should expect Vala's abilities to use Goa'uld technology to also wear off sometime in the future.

But remember Kendra from Thor's Hammer? She'd been free of her Goa'uld for several years and yet was still quite able to use the healing devices.
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

thanks mini for the green you're right it is mesmerizing, just like the "light" I don't know how long I've been watching it.
                            What's this? What's this? Have I missed a Sam/Jack thing?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Hahahahaha. Yorkie bars and truckers. What is with that?! Good luck with the move, Coley! Whereabouts are you moving to? And speak to you soon.
                              Outer Hebrides - Isle of Lewis!!!

Catch you in a while!!

Comment

Wow! That's a long way! I remember you saying you were moving to an island, so I assumed Man, but didn't think that made sense. Well, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X