Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Yea but that's not Jack she's napping with
    Well that's for late afternoon naps.
    Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Yea but that's not Jack she's napping with
      He's taking the photograph for future blackmail purposes before he settles down for his nap.

The guy behind Sam is their chaperone, but he has been heavily sedated and then zatted for good measure.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i voted already.

as for the FANTASTIC lunch, it seems to be stuck. i mean, the bidding has stopped?

sally
        Yeah, I maxed out at $3500.00. As much as I would have loved to meet them both, I think I'd rather take my kids to Disneyworld next summer. I have a feeling it may go up a few more times by the time the auction ends. There are still 7 more days.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          Hypnotist (offscreen): Relax, Colonel Carter, and look into my eyes. You do not want to be in command of SG-1 any longer. Colonel Mitchell is brave, intelligent and completely suited to be team leader. You want him to lead SG-1...
          Originally posted by ReganX
          One of Jack's first acts as commander of the SGC was to make afternoon naps compulsory.
          Regan, you are on FIRE today!

p.s. That possessed!Carter sequence in Lockdown is one of my all-time faves. EvilCarter breaking into computer systems and zatting people is some kind of wonderful.
          Last edited by DEM; 13 April 2006, 08:02 PM.

Comment

to try to get some convos started, here's a pic to caption:

(sam thinking): 'oh, my, god.... i knew finally kissing colonel o'neill would get to me, but three days in a coma!?'

sally
            Sorry sleep through season 9

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Yeah, I maxed out at $3500.00. As much as I would have loved to meet them both, I think I'd rather take my kids to Disneyworld next summer. I have a feeling it may go up a few more times by the time the auction ends. There are still 7 more days.

Kat
              i hope it goes SOOOOOOO high that you get a nose bleed just reading the price!

sally

ps - fandom (or just the threads i play in) is real quiet tonight.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

p.s. That possessed!Carter sequence in Lockdown is one of my all-time faves. EvilCarter breaking into computer systems and zatting people is some kind of wonderful.

i know, that was super fun!

when good colonels go bad! news at 11.

on a side note: everyone see my rda/macgyver avatar? i wish i could get an amanda/sam avatar, but in simpsons cartoon form.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Small Victories: I don't like the yellow ones by DEM

It’s Good To Be King: Maybourne, You Are a Polygamist Every Day of the Week by DEM

Death Knell - You think you had a tough day?! By Myrth

Grace - You think you had a tough day?! - the sequel By Myrth

in the line of duty - what a headache! by majorsal

red sky - oops... by majorsal

chimera - i finally got laid after years of drought! by majorsal

gemini - i just saw another version of myself. boy can i be a b*tch! by majorsal

beachhead - i'm back! (where's my command?) by majorsal

Ex Deus Machina: The Ba'als in your court now. (or; wow! check out that guys ba'als!) by stargate barbie

Arthurs Mantle: well coop ya finally did it, sam's invisible, but so is cam so we better fix it. (too long, but i couldn't help it. ) by stargate barbie

Camelot: Camalot. by stargate barbie

ex deus machina - an ex hits on me. by majorsal

fourth horseman pt 1 - an ex hits on me, pt 2. by majorsal

ripple effect - an ex hits on me, pt 3. by majorsal

(atlantis') grace under pressure - an ex hits on me, pt 4. by majorsal

4th Horseman I & II...or...
                  How to Turn a Brilliant Scientist into a Babysitter I & II Strix

The Scourge...or...
                  How Turn a Brilliant Scientist into a Glorified Babysitter Strix

Avalon - Wherefore art thou SG-1 By Myrth

Avalon II - Wherefore art thou SG-1 part 2 By Myrth

Camelot - Wherefore art thou SG-1 part 20 By Myrth

Heroes, Part II - Dammit, Janet!! by the dancer of spaz
                  nox
                  Leaf the aliens alone by Skydiver

Matter of Time
                  Donuts and Wormholes, is there really a difference? by MandySG1

Off The Grid:Mary Poppins, drug lord. By Chillinthemost
                  ROTFLOL!

One of the many things that I have always liked about this thread is the ability of the members to laugh at what they also cherish. I believe that it is one of the most valued assets that a person can have -- the ability to laugh at oneself. The ability to 'stand outside' oneself and see the absurdity.

I have also always enjoyed the balance on this thread - this thread isn't just for blind Sam-worship who think that the character is always perfect no matter how she's written. We can critically discuss both the positives and the negatives. And we can be honest about the negatives without having to always fawn over whatever the writers provide each week.

The thread wanders back and forth... sometimes discussing or pointing out favorable attributes of Carter and her role, othertimes discussing the downsides of how she's been written.

I want to thank everyone for being open-minded enough to allow all sides to be discussed and presented over the months and years that this thread has been around. I can't stand things too 'Pollyanna' or too 'gooey sweet', the negatives are important for objectivity and honesty, and it's great to see that folks can feel free to post both the pros and cons of Carter's character development (or non-development, or regression, or whatever).

I don't spend any time on the threads dedicated to the other characters... are they as open to discussion regarding the negative developments for their characters? Are they able to hold things like 'Snarkgate' that get all sorts of folks posting and poking fun at all of their favorite characters?

-----------

And before I forget, here's to Coley for bringing in the positive side for us all:
                  Coley: Great post about Sam's great scenes and roles in Season 2!
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 13 April 2006, 10:17 PM.

Comment

i hope it goes SOOOOOOO high that you get a nose bleed just reading the price!

sally

ps - fandom (or just the threads i play in) is real quiet tonight.
                    Yeah, I still find it fascinating that the three auctioned Stargate lunches have recieved more bids than the other 53 items combined. It's actually quite sad if you think about it. I mean if the three auctions to have lunch with Joe, Ben, Amanda and RDA were to end right now they would bring in $9,800 for the charity and the other 53 items on the auction list would only bring in $8240.00. I think that kind of proves how absolutely nuts Stargate fans are... myself included.

Comment

Woah

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6620218430

8x10 photo of Amanda and Teryl, signed by both, went for $585 US

Comment

Yeah, I still find it fascinating that the three auctioned Stargate lunches have recieved more bids than the other 53 items combined. It's actually quite sad if you think about it. I mean if the three auctions to have lunch with Joe, Ben, Amanda and RDA were to end right now they would bring in $9,800 for the charity and the other 53 items on the auction list would only bring in $8240.00. I think that kind of proves how absolutely nuts Stargate fans are... myself included.
                        For the members fo Samanda
                        Spoiler:
                        U R
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Woah

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6620218430

8x10 photo of Amanda and Teryl, signed by both, went for $585 US
                          Now that's just insane. You could probably buy that same photo up on Legends in a month for $70.00. I hope that was at least for charity and it didn't just stuff Creation's pockets a bit more.

I find it amusing that they said "As far as we know this is Amanda’s only convention appearance for 2006 in all of North America—get this AMAZING SG-1 COLLECTIBLE with her signature while you can!" They make it sound like you can't just go up on Legends website or their own and buy any photo with her autograph on it for less than $40.00. What did I tell you about Stargate fans being nuts!

Comment

Figured I'd share this photo of AT since she looks great in it. It's one half of my Gabit photo. Unfortunately it's a photo of a photo so it's not as nice as the original, but I am always amazed by how lovely she looks in con photos. I think I was in the last group of thirty photos she took that day although you wouldn't be able to tell. She's definitely gotten her trademark smile perfected. Maybe she can give me some pointers one of these days seeing as I have a tendancy to look shell shocked in most of my photos.

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 April 2006, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Now that's just insane. You could probably buy that same photo up on Legends in a month for $70.00. I hope that was at least for charity and it didn't just stuff Creation's pockets a bit more.

I find it amusing that they said "As far as we know this is Amanda’s only convention appearance for 2006 in all of North America—get this AMAZING SG-1 COLLECTIBLE with her signature while you can!" They make it sound like you can't just go up on Legends website or their own and buy any photo with her autograph on it for less than $40.00. What did I tell you about Stargate fans being nuts!
                              Nope I'm sure that was not for charity but all for Creation. I have that same picture autographed by them both at two different cons. Picture cost $6.00 autograph was part of the con ticket.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

ROTFLOL again! Just read a slightly different take on a familiar fanfic theme....

Originally posted by Small Favors 2: Returning the Favor
                                there’s something you should see. Something that is entirely your fault, I’d like to add,” he said, pulling the covers off of her.

“Why are you so grumpy?” she asked, rolling out of the bed and grabbing her pajama pants to pull on over her underwear. It was chilly in just the pants and her camisole, but she didn’t plan on being out of that bed for very long anyway, no matter WHAT was in the kitchen.

“I’m trying to show you why I’m so grumpy. Come on.” She followed him downstairs and into the kitchen and gestured at their daughter, who was still studying the inner workings of the toaster as if they contained the meaning of life.

“Oh,” Sam said quietly, trying very hard not to smile at the serious look on his face.

“OH?” he repeated.

“Her first appliance!” Sam suddenly gushed, hugging his arm and pressing her cheek into his shoulder. “Oh, I’m so proud! Where’s Daniel with his camera when you need it?”

The fic is at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2707280/1/
                                (it is RST J/S ship, so nonshippers should read for the Sam characterization, which is LOL in the first chapter. Haven't read the rest yet)

Comment

Working...
                                X