Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
    Taking into account Sam's propensity to, er, customize (redesign / improve / etc.) mechanical and electronic systems - that is, to "tinker" - her blonde, blue-eyed, too-darned innocent to be out alone much less on the flight line appearance in season 1 (which would have been more pronounced when she was younger), her tendency to go on and on regardless of the fact that nobody understands a sound she's making, and that level three hand to hand rating, I think one must give serious consideration to the possibility that her call sign was:

Tinkerbelle

Perfect way to make fun of all of her in one little name...

In the alternate universes where you're real, please forgive me, Colonel Carter...
    priceless!!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Hahaha, I thought of that too!
      And every male pilot she would serve with...

My LJ

Comment

Well in support of Tinkerbelle... click on the image to see the full size version.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Well in support of Tinkerbelle... click on the image to see the full size version.

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewicke...nkerbelle2.jpg
          Very cool! I think I would vote for Tinkerbelle or Barbie. I know how annoying Barbie would be, my mom teasingly calls me that sometimes.
          Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Geez. I just had a vision of Amanda popping on to Samanda for a little cheer and walking into our freakishly obsessive conversation about what her character's callsign might have been.

I can see it now...

*Amanda's eyes bug out as she reads the multitude of obsessive fan rantings about an insignificant aspect about her character, cautiously steps away from the monitor and alerts studio security...just in case*

Well... In our defense, I think it's important for this whole callsign thing to be established. The sooner it's mainstream and legit, the sooner Thunderbirds reps will realize she's interested. The sooner that happens, the sooner she gets an invite.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Fic:
              Anything, by Nanda. It's about Sam and her guys dealing with the aftermath of Jacob's death. It's a bittersweet kinda fic. Gen too

Comment

Originally posted by Strix Varia
                Or "Legs"... for reasons that are obvious to me and AD.
                Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Hahaha, I thought of that too!
                Well colour me pervy, but I thought that was part of the reasoning behind 'Barbie' in the first place.

Comment

hm, nice

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                    Well colour me pervy, but I thought that was part of the reasoning behind 'Barbie' in the first place.

Comment

You guys came up with some neat ideas for callsigns for Sam. I'd vote for Barbie or Dorothy, just because they seem like the kind of nicknames that guys would call a female pilot, and in the end, something like Barbie (which in my opinion pretty much also implies a lack of brains) would actually become more an honour as Sam proved how smart she was and how well she could do.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        Sorry to go OT, but I thought you all should know what a total klutz your Royal Physician is.....and give you the chance to find another doc to fill this prestigeous position. The night before last, I woke up about 3 AM, very sleepy but very thirsty, sooooooo, I walked to the kitchen, and while reaching up (to those who didn't meet me, I'm a tad short) to get a glass from the cabinet, and dropped it. (The glass, not the cabinet.) I tried to grab it so it wouldn't fall and shatter, but I missed. I did, however, deflect it just enough for it to hit my little toe......on the foot that has 2 pins in it, from a previous break and operation. Guess what? I broke the toe!!!!!! It's now red, blue and purple, swollen and extremely painful. Also, I have now passed Jack in the total number of broken bones (including skull fractures). Does Samanda have a position for Royal Klutz???

On another note, welcome back Astro......it's so great to see a post from you and know you haven't forgotten us, as we could never forget you.

I will now return you to your regualrly scheduled discussions of Sam, SG1's best and brightest "star" (I'm not biased, am I?). My ice bag needs refilling. OUCH!
                        Ow, I hope your toe heals well Lida. And whoaa, that is a lot of broken bones! Take care of yourself .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Geez. I just had a vision of Amanda popping on to Samanda for a little cheer and walking into our freakishly obsessive conversation about what her character's callsign might have been.

I can see it now...

*Amanda's eyes bug out as she reads the multitude of obsessive fan rantings about an insignificant aspect about her character, cautiously steps away from the monitor and alerts studio security...just in case*

Oh Pshaw. (Hee, always wanted to use that word.)

It doesn't count as freakishly obsessive unless it hits at least six full pages. We're still good.

And, after much thought-though I did consider Bambi, because I could see the others teasing about her big doe eyes I decided to vote for Tinkerbelle.

Comment

Here’s an article from Slate about couples finally getting together in television (or not) through the years, and seems relevant in light of some of our recent discussions about RST vs UST in SG-1. Beware, it’s a huge spoiler for those of you who haven’t watched West Wing the last few weeks.

Do It Already! That's the title of the article, not a command on my part.

NC

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...inkerbelle.jpg

"Tinkerbelle? Yeah, I could live with that ..."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                i thought up this story once where aris boch came back into the scene.

sg1 were on a planet and sam just disappeared. it was found out that some locals 'sold' her to some jaffa (to take back to their lord). aris finds out and comes back to help sg1 find her.

sky, you're keeping tabs on this, right? you're going to be writing these fics, including the one where baal gets ahold of sam. he does his 'abyss' stuff on her.
                                Am I detecting a nice whump pattern here?
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X