No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To say TPTB handled it poorly would be a gross understatement... but it's what we have to work with. No solution would make anyone happy.

At this point, I think come S10, they just need to promote one of the two of them and get it over with. A lot of fans would be angry, but at least it would be settled.
    Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

Then TRITONEN! may be right for you!*

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
      I know...I'm rehashing old ground...lol.
      Since TPTB have made no moves to correct their mistake, maybe it needs to be rehashed.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Hi...I'm joining late in this conversation, but I needed to go somewhere where there were some positive things about Carter. Ever since it's been announced that RDA is coming back, poor AT and Carter have been dragged through the mud. It's almost sad.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to whatever they have planned, whether subtle or factual.
        Hello NccJones...welcome to the thread. I wouldn't worry about it too much. From what I have seen from fandom over the last year or so, Carter is the character that gets used to cause controversy. If something goes wrong with the show, it's probably going to involve Sam/AT. First you had the Sam&Jack vs Jack/Daniel thing, then it was Sam/Jack vs Sam/Pete, then Sam vs Mitchell and the whole leadership issue, then who should be the leading lady on the show Sam or Vala, now it's Sam's fault that RDA is coming back because everyone just assumes it's all going to revolve around ship again. I'm honestly suprised AT wants to come back for Season 10, because she hasn't been given a break with the fans since about season 3. Luckily for me Amanda is a trooper and despite all the negative comments she receives on a daily basis, she keeps coming back and giving the fans and the show one hundred and ten percent. It's sad how some people insist upon tearing down an actor simply because they do not like a particular character. Which is why I'm so happy that she was participating in at least three cons this year so she will at least be able to hear some of the positive comments along with the negative.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          First you had the Sam&Jack vs Jack/Daniel thing
          What Sam&Jack vs Jack/Daniel thing? Was it a debate over pairings or friendship or something?

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            What Sam&Jack vs Jack/Daniel thing? Was it a debate over pairings or friendship or something?
            A lot of the Daniel fans complained that Sam/Jack ship was taking time away from the Jack/Daniel friendship and banter.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              A lot of the Daniel fans complained that Sam/Jack ship was taking time away from the Jack/Daniel friendship and banter.
              I didn't notice that. I thought the friendship between Jack and Teal'c was getting a bit more attention in Season Four, but I liked that.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Hello NccJones...welcome to the thread. I wouldn't worry about it too much. From what I have seen from fandom over the last year or so, Carter is the character that gets used to cause controversy. If something goes wrong with the show, it's probably going to involve Sam/AT. First you had the Sam&Jack vs Jack/Daniel thing, then it was Sam/Jack vs Sam/Pete, then Sam vs Mitchell and the whole leadership issue, then who should be the leading lady on the show Sam or Vala, now it's Sam's fault that RDA is coming back because everyone just assumes it's all going to revolve around ship again. I'm honestly suprised AT wants to come back for Season 10, because she hasn't been given a break with the fans since about season 3. Luckily for me Amanda is a trooper and despite all the negative comments she receives on a daily basis, she keeps coming back and giving the fans and the show one hundred and ten percent. It's sad how some people insist upon tearing down an actor simply because they do not like a particular character. Which is why I'm so happy that she was participating in at least three cons this year so she will at least be able to hear some of the positive comments along with the negative.

Kat
                Thanks for the welcome And what you wrote is exactly what I see on other boards. Already, people are commenting on what AT said at the convention and she is being critiqued apart for it. I agree, AT is a strong lady to put up with this crap. I mean, they are actors, and they have to take some of it personally.

Over the past few years, Carter has been blamed for everything, from stealing the show from Daniel to demeaning a soldier. I've been in the Navy for 19 years, and I would follow Carter. She is a strong character and leader. I also want to dispell this "she can't be a leader because she's a scientist"...I never heard of that in the military. Almost all military personnel have secondary jobs. Anyway...that's another topic....lol.

Comment

Exactly! I think this has been the biggest complaint since season 7.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                    Spaz and others...if you want to know what the word is, you need to EMAIL me cause Amanda didn't want it known and out of respect for her I'm keeping it off any and all online or chat discussions (until I hear otherwise). So that being said...where's my email asking for the word?
                    Hmm? Has anyone who sent word to SunKrux recieved word on the word
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Exactly! I think this has been the biggest complaint since season 7.
                      I think the complaining started in about season four, actually, with the episodes like Divide and Conquer.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I think the complaining started in about season four, actually, with the episodes like Divide and Conquer.
                        But wasn't it a good thing that they showed interactions between other characters? I wouldn't have thought it would upset people to show more interaction between Sam and Jack and between Jack and Teal'c when the friendship between Jack and Daniel had been established early on in the show.

You learn something new every day.

Comment

But wasn't it a good thing that they showed interactions between other characters? I wouldn't have thought it would upset people to show more interaction between Sam and Jack and between Jack and Teal'c when the friendship between Jack and Daniel had been established early on in the show.

You learn something new every day.
                          You know, Daniel is my favorite character and always will be, but I liked all 4 of them together. They made a great team. I loved the slow friendship that was built over the years of Daniel and Teal'c. They have so much history and it wasn't easy for either of them. I loved the sister and brother relationship of Daniel and Sam. I loved the quiet friendship of Sam and Teal'c. And of course I loved the friendship from the moment Jack brought Teal'c onto the team.

They've each had a relationship build over the years amongst each other. It's not odd that out of any of those possibilities that more than friendship could happen. I think the way they handled Jack and Sam was good over the 8 years. It wasn't blatantly in your face. It was a hint here and there. No one complained when Daniel pined for years after Sha're. It was almost embarrasing to watch if you ask me. I know he loved her, but at least he was allowed to love her. But not Sam...how dare she have a relationship with anyone...it diminishes her. I can't figure that one out. She can still be a strong character and have a relationship.

Comment

She raised that question herself in season 8... sounded to me like she had no idea what she would do at that point.

I'm just gonna wait and see on this whole issue of Sam & Jack and resolves n stuff... I'll honestly be happy to see the two of them onscreen together again in whatever capacity.

Something worth noting though is that someone mentioned a couple fo pages back that the promo is all skewed towards Daniel & Vala etc... that's not going to be the case. I think you'll find the biggest thing said about season 10 and what will be remembered.... RDA came back for 5 eps.

The positive off shoot for that for Amanda is that she is closely tied to RDA in a variety of ways by the majority. They can't push RDA without Amanda being pushed along with him. So I tip my hat to Rick for the 5 in that respect. I choose to think he's helping out a friend there. Which doesn't mean I'm happy with or support the fact he's required to get her in the spotlight... I really really don't, and I don't think either RDA or Amanda would be happy about that either. But sadly it's the way it seems to be.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            see, i definitely see Sam leaving the team if she has children. She lost her mother and i don't see her wanting to risk her child experiencing the same thing.

She would, at least for a while, get herself a safer posting for the sake of her child

at least that's how i see her
                            sigpic

Comment

But not Sam...how dare she have a relationship with anyone...it diminishes her. I can't figure that one out. She can still be a strong character and have a relationship.
                              And if she never had any romantic relationships, there would probably be people who would call her a manhater.

The poor woman can't win.

Comment

And if she never had any romantic relationships, there would probably be people who would call her a manhater.

The poor woman can't win.
                                I doubt it would be a manhater they'd call her, but something else, and worse.

Ten bucks says Vala won't have that problem, because TPTB will make sure she doesn't...
                                Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

Then TRITONEN! may be right for you!*

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

Comment

Working...
                                X