Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    I never watched CSI or this SVU or this Xena. No, I lie. I watched a couple of eps of CSI with my ex in Germany. I don't know the name, but it was some naval thing.

Thanks for the congrats people! Boy, do I talk a lot of rubbish!
    Congrats TJ! You only talk rubbish to me when we're on MSN.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Hey I'm leaving soon to go to the hospital to get a new cast on this @#$$%%^^&** broken arm of mine and when I get back in a few hours I'm going to park myself in the loungeroom and watch a few Sam eps.

Anyone got some suggestions? Mind you if they give me more of the stuff they gave me yesterday I may not remember watching them, I actually posted on the WSL thread yesterday and have NO recollection of doing so
      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
        Hey I'm leaving soon to go to the hospital to get a new cast on this @#$$%%^^&** broken arm of mine and when I get back in a few hours I'm going to park myself in the loungeroom and watch a few Sam eps.

Anyone got some suggestions? Mind you if they give me more of the stuff they gave me yesterday I may not remember watching them, I actually posted on the WSL thread yesterday and have NO recollection of doing so
        Hey Realm! Good luck! How much longer do ya have to heal? LOL on the mysterious WSL posts. That's hilarious.

OK... In The Line of Duty, The Devil You Know 1 and 2, Entity and a bunch of others I can't think of right now feature Sam quite a bit. But others like Spirits, Secrets, Hathor, Nightwalkers and Prometheus feature everybody, but have Sam in the forefront. I know I'm missing quite a bit, but that's what I came up with.

Then, of course, there are good other character-centric eps with good Sam moments, like The Changeling and Legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX

Foothold is one of my faves.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor

JellY shots are best with sloe gin.

Well then, the Royal Accountant's private stock will be just the thing again at Gabit2! I must say, I was a bit surprised when she didn't offer any of her homemade brew to Amanda ... but we may have drained the bottle.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Fermenting.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ngredients.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the tips I think I'll start with Hathor (I'm missing Janet) and Foothold, hey Foothold is one of my favs too

Catcha later
              -

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
                Ah yes, but it took Simmons revealing the fact that they had seen Orlin, for Jack to finally back her up - up until then he was blowing her off, no matter how hard she tried to convince him - on top of that Janet didn't believe her either.. The only saving grace was when Jack and Tealc came to her house with pizza, I think Sam was really touched about that - but - I think that she still would be hurt by the fact that none of her friends believed her, despite the fact they had certainly run into all sorts of strange alien beings, including ones who can be invisable, [the Nox]...
                If I could jump in here... you have to remember, it took Sam being the voice of sweet reason before they believed Daniel. It took Sam's intelligence and ability to think outside the conventional box, about what can and can't be real. You take her out of the equation, and odds are Daniel would have been sent back to the padded room. (they saved his straight jacket! Woo hoo!)

Unfortunately for Sam, she got stuck being the one needing, well, her, to prove that she wasn't losing it. I suppose the moral of the story is, you can't really count on Jack or Teal'c to think beyond what they consider to be "reality" or even what they consider to be "possible" and impossible.

When Sam is presented with a problem, she tries to solve it, and if she doesn't know enough about what she needs to know, she'll learn it. But everyone else (with the possible exception of Daniel) operate only from preconceived notions of reality. I don't know that this is more than simply everyone being true to their characters.
                Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

Then TRITONEN! may be right for you!*

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  In case no one mentioned it, the name she really likes for a boy is Benjamin. Although..I like Ba'al!
                  LOL, Benjamin. Man was I way off. I knew Nicholas didn't sound right, but it's the only name that would pop into my head. Thanks for the correction, Sunny.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                    And we call that jam.

<-- blue jelly
                    We have jam too, but it's like jelly (what you call jam) with pieces of the fruit in it. Jelly however has no fruit pieces, just the fruit juice.
                    sigpic

Comment

Since there's so much talk of babies and childbirth and names etc...

I'd like to interrupt and announce the birth of my nephew Elijah Roland House...born TODAY at 12:02PM CST (they're in Minnesota) and he weighed in at 8 lbs. 8.4 oz.

I should have a picture or 20 by tonight. This will be their sixth baby (well seventh if you consider the one she miscarried):

Emily
                      Erika
                      Evalyn
                      Ethan
                      Elaine (the one she miscarried)
                      Ezra
                      Elijah

Yes...my brother is obsessive...or can't you tell?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Since there's so much talk of babies and childbirth and names etc...

I'd like to interrupt and announce the birth of my nephew Elijah Roland House...born TODAY at 12:02PM CST (they're in Minnesota) and he weighed in at 8 lbs. 8.4 oz.

I should have a picture or 20 by tonight. This will be their sixth baby (well seventh if you consider the one she miscarried):

Emily
                        Erika
                        Evalyn
                        Ethan
                        Elaine (the one she miscarried)
                        Ezra
                        Elijah

Yes...my brother is obsessive...or can't you tell?

hmmmm..... I'm sensing a pattern here..... wait, wait, don't tell me....
                        Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          I think it's a matter of how her miscarriages were discussed. In this case, it came up as a natural part of the conversation. One person said that she was pregnant during resurrection, someone else said that not, you're a year off and the another replied 'no, i'm not, she lost it'

simple facts. Facts that she did make public on her website.

Now delving deeper??? that's a no-no.

That's jsut like....speculating if AT is a mama bear with her baby. fine to mention. but if someone comes in here and says 'oh, she actually acts like this and posts pics that they snapped in a mall without her permission? Big, honkin, MASSIVE nono (as in get your tush banned nono...well moderated at least)

Making her personal life a vital part of this thread is not gonna happen, but it will be mentioned. and as long as it's just a mention, and it's not going beyond what's public knowledge, it'll still fit within the rules

Just as, should she ever post a picture of olivia on her official site, as long as she's released it, have fun. But if it's not officially endorsed, it's not allowed her.
                          Absolutely Sky.

I see nothing wrong discussing what actors and actresses publicly announce and I see nothing wrong with saying that we're sorry about Amanda having miscarried twice. As long as we're respectful of their personal lives and don't presume to talk about their personal motivations regarding their private lives and their family...I think it's okay. The only exception would be in that regard is if it pertains to the show; meaning, if Amanda says that she planned to have a child because she thought the show was ending or something like that. But again, that's not based on speculation...but rather what she publicly releases. And again, even then and above all else, it needs to be done with respect and dignity.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

And, of course, congrats to you and your brother and his family...

Comment

Originally posted by RyantheGreat
                              hmmmm..... I'm sensing a pattern here..... wait, wait, don't tell me....
                              LOL

The funny thing is, his name is Benjamin House Jr. All his life he couldn't WAIT to have a son to pass on the name.

Then he had 3 girls in a row and got on this whole "E" kick. His first son Ethan's middle name is Benjamin though...so that's something, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Welcome mpto the thread, hope you have fun, there are good links on pg 1 of the thread th help you. But don't feel you have to read from pg1 on or we'll never see you again.

a little help from your RFA (royal fertilizer agitator) and newly appointed Royal Bookie)
                                THankyou, my goodness I know what you mean, i miss one day on the computer and there are already another 10 pages to the thread, im going to have to get my hiking boots on too keep up with this

Comment

Working...
                                X