Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    c) and if, and i mean if, the focus is to be on vala....well the anti-sam folks can't blame sam for the tanking of the show now can they??? that honor will rest solely on Vala and cam and the 'new and improved' show
    True.

If TPTB decide to continue their downward slide and to carry on blinding their marvellous new characters with the spotlight, at least Sam (and Daniel and Teal'c) will be clear of the charge of dragging the show down.

Cameron and Vala will be the ones who go down in TV history as creative screw ups.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Oh, I'm having a bit of a conundrum...
      The spacy awards are open for voting, but the only way to vote for AT is to vote for best ensemble cast...if they win are they going to say it's because of BB joining show???
      Well, they'll certainly say he's successfully "filled those big shoes".

Looking at the nominees, I'm sad to say that I would vote for 3 of the others before I would vote for SG-1 S9.

Comment

I bought the Season 7 & 8 "Illustrated Companion" and found something from AT in it that seems to support exactly what we've been saying about AT's Season 9 performances. Asked if Sam's promotion will change her approach to the character she says:
        Spoiler:
        "I intend to conduct myself the way a real woman would. All the military women I've met have conducted themselves with grace, dignity, pride and femininity. I shall do the same."

Comment

sam always will be a great character.

and if the fine folks at bridge can't see it, well their loss

Look at it this way:

a) spoilers are usually massively skewed and since vala is the new golden child, they'll accentuate her storylines, even if she's in a whole 10 minutes of the episode
          b) if sam indeed isn't a major part, well it gives her more time with olivia and with other projects, which will jsut benefit her in the long run since she has the reputation and will have the time to line up something else
          c) and if, and i mean if, the focus is to be on vala....well the anti-sam folks can't blame sam for the tanking of the show now can they??? that honor will rest solely on Vala and cam and the 'new and improved' show
          Again, in the "Illustrated Companion" interview, AT indicates she doesn't want 15 hour days after the baby's born (don't know if that view has changed). As much as I'd like lots of Sam time, if they can stay true to the character I guess I could deal with a bit less Sam. What I'm afraid of is what they'll replace Sam time with. The Vala-Cameron ADHD hour? I'm not optimistic about season 10, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

AT: "You know, Chris, I'm finding that I hardly get to use my yellow marker on the script sheets any more and have lots of time to play with the baby. What about you?"

CJ: "Indeed. I've been considering doing some football coaching."
            This is exactly my view on it, CG. Amanda wins either way. In fact, I'm sure for her, it's preferable to work shorter hours and for Sam not to have so much to do. It's hard enough trying to spend time with your back when you have a normal nine til five job, but filming days must be hell for her, even when she does have Olivia in the trailer to run back to.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

sam always will be a great character.

Pessimist that I am, I think you're severely underestimating the, er, focus, of which some folks are capable, Sky. As long as Sam ever existed in the Stargate universe, everything bad can be, and, according to some, will be, her fault.

Bah

(Mr. Blackwell's fashion list, global warming, calories and carbs, bigotry, chipped beef over toast, fascism... ...it's all Sam Carter's fault. :snerk: )
              ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                Pessimist that I am, I think you're severely underestimating the, er, focus, of which some folks are capable, Sky. As long as Sam ever existed in the Stargate universe, everything bad can be, and, according to some, will be, her fault.

Bah

(Mr. Blackwell's fashion list, global warming, calories and carbs, bigotry, chipped beef over toast, fascism... ...it's all Sam Carter's fault. :snerk: )
                Who cares, I say. Idiots will be idiots will be idiots whether it be over a tv show, or real life stuff-some people are just very narrow minded and make up their minds and keep them made up no matter what the evidence to the contrary. Those aren't the kinds of people whose opinions mean very much to me. I figure, if I get all up in arms over the opinions of idiots-then I'm not thinking much better than they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Oh, I'm having a bit of a conundrum...
                  The spacy awards are open for voting, but the only way to vote for AT is to vote for best ensemble cast...if they win are they going to say it's because of BB joining show???

Like I mentioned before they have a category for best new character, and of course BB and CB are on the list

given the way S9 has been I don't really feel like voting for SG like I used too in past years
                  For me-I don't particularly care for most of the other shows, so it wasn't such a difficult choice-I only had to choose between two: Lost and SG1.

I wonder why they don't have a leading male and leading female category? Was there ever a best ensemble cast choice before? And if so, did SG1 never win?

What I found interesting about the noms was that SG1 was the only show to specify which season's cast was nominated. Lost has had several cast additons this season, as a matter of fact, I voted for Anna Lucia's character for best newcomer. But Lost's nom is just for Lost-not "Lost-season 2". I don't follow BSG or the 4400 enough to know how their casts have changed over the last two seasons. But I know Smallville has also had cast additons over the course of it's run.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    This is exactly my view on it, CG. Amanda wins either way. In fact, I'm sure for her, it's preferable to work shorter hours and for Sam not to have so much to do. It's hard enough trying to spend time with your back when you have a normal nine til five job, but filming days must be hell for her, even when she does have Olivia in the trailer to run back to.
                    She didn't ask for a reduced role so I wouldn't assume Amanda is happy with the situation. The point probably is how reduced. A 4 person SG1 sharing the camera time and lines with a bit of SGC thrown in would be great and as Amanda has figured heavily certainly seasons 5, 6 and 7 it would be a reduced role for her. Focusing more on the SGC and having a 5th lead on board and not knowing what to do with Sam and having her cross over isn't great for me and at the very least I think Amanda will feel slighly pushed out of things.

Last night I watched the Fourth Horseman parts 1 and 2 and was horrified at the focus on the SGC and no Team at all in the 2 eps. It was very Sam light - understandable with having her baby, but if this is the taste of things to come I'm not interested. Teal'c was again invloved only in a Jaffa storyline - I want him back in SG1. The Ori are now getting on my nerves and so too was Cameron - he was just acting like a teenager - the best new character for me is Landry though I still do prefer Hammond I think Landry is a good character - which is more than I can say about Cam and Vala.

It isn't SG1 - That show has gone.

Sorry this is a doom post

On a lighter note 1Speed is over helping me with packing and taking things to the tip. He's now gone to get a curry (on me of course) and tonight he gets to see Chimera. I can't wait for his eyes to pop out on stalks!!

Grace, Fallout and Chimera - Plenty of Sam - the good old days!!

Comment

A while back people posted random image hosting sites for their signatures. I was using ransomeimage.net-but my sigs are no longer showing up, and I get a page not found kind of thing when I go to the site.

Does anyone have any other sites?

Comment

hi deejay. randomimage.net is the one I always used. I'm about to use it again for something on my LJ. If it works, that is

Comment

Well, let me know if it works for you, please. This is the site I get re-directed to when I try to go to randomimage.net-

http://server.securehostnet.com/suspended.page/

I guess I'll have to upload my sigs to photbucket till I find another site.

Comment

Hija everyone!!!
                            I just saw Moebius Part 1 and I found it too funny. I really liked Sam in it and
                            I have a feeling this is one of the last eps where you really see Sam
                            Welcome to the newbies if there were any last week *I wasn't there*.
                            Late Happy BirthDay to SnoggingPicard, Lys and the others!!!
                            And those who are going to the con, enjoy *even if I'm late saying it *!!!!

Comment

Damn! You're right, it doesn't work. The only way to do it, then, is do something like AD does. I think he has his own webpage and has used a PHP script for the rotations. Sounds a little complicated, but I'm sure the magic of google will help you

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                Damn! You're right, it doesn't work. The only way to do it, then, is do something like AD does. I think he has his own webpage and has used a PHP script for the rotations. Sounds a little complicated, but I'm sure the magic of google will help you
                                Yeah. When I first tried to find a place with rotating sigs I googled it and got-that PHP script stuff. I just stared blankly, closed the page and went and got an ice-cream.

Untill/Unless randomimage goes back up I'll just keep changing my signature to the photobucket image I want to use. Not ideal at all. But...I'm a dunderhead when it comes to scripts.

Comment

Working...
                                X