Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
    Fourth, I suspect that any appearance by RDA in ep 200 will be used as a setup to explain the absense of Carter from the series if there's a season 11. With the Ori 'defanged' she'll go off to make babies with Jack. If RDA doesn't appear in ep 200, she'll go off to command science-station something or another - thus fulfilling the 'old maid scientist de-sexed by hypertrophy of the intellectual organs' cliche, and ticking the series one further toward its cliche quota.
    *swoons*

i loved reading that so much that i had an orgasm.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      HE DID NOT SNIFF HER HAIR!!!!!!!!!

yes he did.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

well, the guy whose clothes she's wearing...mysteriously had her shoe size
        Yeah, and he just happened to wear a jacket with buttons on the left, too.

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
          Tara doing a double take at last post:::::yep the great did he really sniff her hair! Well he did have his face at least resting on top of her hair so by having to breath he did catch a wiff of Sam's hair
          But what was Sam thinking while being so close to Jack i have to ask!

she 'wasn't' thinking. prob for the first time in her life.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            she 'wasn't' thinking. prob for the first time in her life.

sally
            LOL!!! I don't believe she WAS. You think there's enough time to THINK when u're around Jack? I think NOT!!
            sigpic
            Past | LJ | Last.FM | IG

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie

didn't coop only come aboard as an exec around season 6 and take over in season 7?
              coop and wright developed sga, and personally i really found that the first season completely lacked a sense of direction and i didn't really find the characters that engaging either.

i think with brad almost entirely in charge in season 2 the show has only benefitted. and i think that sg-1 has suffered under the exclusive reign of coop. i don't want to be too harsh, because he has brought good elements to the show, but i don't think coop does that much for either show.
              he's not a good show runner. he's a pretty bloody good writer, but not the best show runner. i don't think he has the right mind to give a show the same direction.

another part of the problem might be that they never know if they are going to get renewed anymore. after the pilot of sg-1, show time signed them up for 2 seasons. at the end of season 1, they signed them up to the end of season 4. after that, they never really knew how long they'd run for. maybe thats what the problem is now. maybe i'm totally wrong about coop, this does coincide with coops arrival as an exec. doesn't it?

yep.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JONeill97
                LOL!!! I don't believe she WAS. You think there's enough time to THINK when u're around Jack? I think NOT!!
                Well then I guess it's lucky that the holographic imaging wasn't working
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i mean, look at what he did to sam. it seems that, if she's not half of & Jack they don't know how to handle her
                  that's because all the things she had to play with (character wise) was either given away, ignored, or just disappeared all together.

ex-host capabilities: first ignored than given to vala.

commander of sg1: given to mitchell.

cassie relationship: ignored.

dad: written out.

brother and his family: ignored.

things she's been through (entity, in the line of duty, gemini, new order, death knell, metamorphosis, ascension, desperate measures, THREADS): forgotten or ignored or ???

janet: gone.

jack: who the heck knows. but the relationship, ignored.

i think i'll stop now, since this is depressing me even more with the wasted opportunities.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

sniffage alledgedly occured during into the fire, when sam's memory thingie goes whacko and jack pulls her behind the wall
                    i say he's just breathing, either that or realizing that she now knows for sure that he's commando under those white pants, but folks get hung up on sniffage
                    It's along through this scene.
                    *grins* Yes, now that you mention it Sky... I do seem to remember some *sniffage*

ETA: I've got a bunch of caps from that scene, but none are scrubbed up. Here's one (full size cap, unscrubbed) that's about where the *sniffage* occurred.
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...k27capture.jpg

The elevator scene was the other one. Token use to have a really good animated gif of it at marimba26's site, but I just checked & don't see it there anymore.
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                      It's along through this scene.
                      *grins* Yes, now that you mention it Sky... I do seem to remember some *sniffage*

ETA: I've got a bunch of caps from that scene, but none are scrubbed up. Here's one (full size cap, unscrubbed) that's about where the *sniffage* occurred.
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...k27capture.jpg

The elevator scene was the other one. Token use to have a really good animated gif of it at marimba26's site, but I just checked & don't see it there anymore.
                      Well now I know he INHALED
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        My issues with Season Nine, I guess on top of the severe lack of Sam, all stem from the fact that much of Sam's involvement was like a whacked out romance verion of Sam Carter, This Is Your Life, where long-buried "lurve" interests came back from the dead to haunt us all - every interest but the most controversial, yet canon of them all, of course.

I could've done with zero Sam/Jack references if it hadn't been for the constant Barrett (cute guy, but he was the first), Orlin, Martouf, and yes even the McKay bits, delusion or no. I'm still waiting for Narim to come back with ol' Shroe 2 in tow with important news about the Ori. Or for Faxon to send some kind of message from the future, warning her of the dangers of gate travel to their future children. And, hey, Nefreyu's of age now. It's about time we heard from the Nox again.

It's like they replaced the very characteristics that set Sam apart and added identifiable depth this season (command of SG-1, and semblance of Soldier Sam) with snippets of all of the little puppy dogs who've ever been instantly smitten by her. And not only that, but they also managed to snub the J/S shippers as well.

Long story short, they haven't utilized her properly. I could've done with minimized Sam, because I'm sure there are logical reasons behind that minimization. It's just that it seemed like everywhere TPTB turned, they found more and more reasons to utilize her in a way that was a gigantic step backwards for the character.
                        i couldn't agree with your post more if i shouted it out from the rooftop.

that's what made me literally hate season 9 too. (yes, the entire season).

it was bad enough that sam was literally a supporting character in season 9, but that all her old admirers were brought back for... for what? what character developement was there for that?

my disappointment with how sam was handled in season 9 is tangible. i think i'm waiting for one more bit of bad news before i finally chuck it. i don't 'want' to, but i'd rather be sane and without stargate than depressed and without stargate (the show now is not stargate).

i hope that amanda says something at the con to make sam fans feel better. (and s/j shippers too)

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

i ain't afraid of them!

ain't my fault they can't see the truth
                          hey, woman, i thought you were a shipper too?!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            hey, woman, i thought you were a shipper too?!

sally
                            Wrong ship though, Sally.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              You tell 'em. Jack noticing Sam's bare shoulders in Out of Mind is a far cry from "they're meant to be together."
                              see what you started, skydiver? now the anti ship meanies come out to play.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Carter: Oh Sky that's the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.
                                People really think that Col. O'Neill sniffed my hair?

Daniel: What Jack sniffing Sam's hair? No way Teal'c would kill him if he messed with Sam.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X