Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya GB... nice to see you back!!

Ok, the idea is that we have some Amanda-ized rubber wrist bands made and donate the profit to one of her charities. That way Amanda fans will recognize each other where ever they go... cons n such

We're looking at plain orange rubber bands with a phrase screen printed on them.. something like "Tapping the kindness within".

I've been pricing them up and it's going to be difficult to do unless we take pre-orders to cover the cost of having them made.

So that was my question, how many people would pre-order?

Originally posted by gatebee
    I haven't been around for some time .... what is this all about ... more info please
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      please point the way ... me not know where voting occurs
      Saw you found it - good for you on the post too.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Oh my goodness, it looks like
        Spoiler:
        this thing could get really annoying, too, if
        Spoiler:
        people decide to get all wacky with it and
        Spoiler:
        make lots of
        Spoiler:
        riddles within riddles

Tee hee

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

[takes the shiny toys away from Mini]

Originally posted by minigeek
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          make lots of
          Spoiler:
          riddles within riddles

Tee hee
          sigpic

Comment

That's cute, minigeek.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              And just for the other people who might be lurking, it is perfectly acceptable to be a fan of Sam and not necassarily want her to lead SG1 We welcome all fans of Sam here
              you brought up a good subject, ad.

i never wanted sam to lead sg1 because jack was the leader and it never occured to me. but it *did* when they gave sam command of it in season 8. that's kind of a hard thing to let go of, once you've had a taste of it. (like lois said to clark in the superman movie; once you had superman, no other man seems good enough )

this also ties into my wanting to see a resolution between sam and jack. i didn't just pick out two ppl to ship for, the show gave me the idea with a hint of it in the first ep and then wrapping it up with a pretty bow and handing it to me in 'broca divide'. all i did was respond favorably to something they tried to sell me.

just like me wanting/liking team eps.

and liking to see the team go through the stargate.

and wanting to see professional and realistic behavior from the ppl running the sgc.

and wanting to see the team care and worry about their fellow team mates.

k, done.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                make lots of
                Spoiler:
                riddles within riddles

Tee hee
                Truly evil. In a brilliant kinda way.

You have pleased the Royal PIM oh geeky one.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  so, amanda's wonderful, sweet bundle of a gift is going to be celebrating her FIRST birthday in a few days. am i the only one looking at baby gifts/clothes and wishing you could buy it for olivia? and am i the only one that, if i were there at olivia's birthday party, would be paying just as much attention to amanda watching olivia as watching olivia herself? if not, ignore this post.
                  sally
                  I actually bought Olivia a birthday present that I'm hoping to give Amanda next week in Vancouver. The con is only two days after her birthday so I thought it was a perfect time. I'm sure other people will probably be doing the same thing. If AT keeps the gift it will be cool and if she doesn't hopefully some other child will enjoy it. Afterall, it's the thought that counts, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    yeah, but fic wise?????
                    Speaking of fic-wise - you know what I've wanted to see (but haven't really yet?)

Non shippers, skip this part please.
                    Spoiler:
                    I'd like to red a fic written by someone who's a true believer that Sam and Jack wouldn't do something even remotely normal for the moment that one of them actually proposes marriage... one thing that we don't see in a lot of the (non smushy S/J) fics out there is the actual proposal; they're either already married, or that part gets skipped. I can see why; I don't think it'd happen on bended knee, for example, but neither do I think it'd be some nonchallant thing, either. It'd be as quirky and weird as they are! For the sake of fun, I mean. But I think it'd be neat to read someone like Skydiver or Strix's (yeah, i know-but still) interpretation of what might happen for that fateful moment.

Ah well

mg

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      You have pleased the Royal PIM oh geeky one.
                      My work here is done.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        make lots of
                        Spoiler:
                        riddles within riddles

Tee hee

Repeat after me, minigeek, "new spoilers - Good, nested spoilers - Bad"

NC

Comment

Funny you should say that.. being the non-smushy type I am, I have a clear picture of what I would like to see in that regard... mayeb I'll put it in a fic

Speaking of fic-wise - you know what I've wanted to see (but haven't really yet?)

Non shippers, skip this part please.
                          Spoiler:
                          I'd like to red a fic written by someone who's a true believer that Sam and Jack wouldn't do something even remotely normal for the moment that one of them actually proposes marriage... one thing that we don't see in a lot of the (non smushy S/J) fics out there is the actual proposal; they're either already married, or that part gets skipped. I can see why; I don't think it'd happen on bended knee, for example, but neither do I think it'd be some nonchallant thing, either. It'd be as quirky and weird as they are! For the sake of fun, I mean. But I think it'd be neat to read someone like Skydiver or Strix's (yeah, i know-but still) interpretation of what might happen for that fateful moment.

Ah well

mg
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            That's cute, minigeek.
                            In an annoying, slap me upside the head kinda way, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                              Funny you should say that.. being the non-smushy type I am, I have a clear picture of what I would like to see in that regard... mayeb I'll put it in a fic
                              Oh please do! Are you done yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                yeah, but fic wise?????
                                was that in response to what i said?

fic wise, i LOVE stories like that. but i love other types too, including and especially sam-whumping fics.

i'd also love to see a domestic type storyline for sam (ONLY with jack, though! ) on the show. we've never seen sam like this. i think it would be *very* interesting, considering that amanda's living that life right now and could add personal insights and gestures to it.

sally

ps - spoilers for 'one tree hill'
                                Spoiler:
                                i can't believe dan shot keith! i hope keith is really alive, but i'll have to wait a few weeks to find out. dang those ptb that know how to draw a fan in!
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X