No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh... them were the days. Amanda and Teryl. Together. As they were meant to be.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

i love that she'll goof around on set like crazy between shots and takes, but then can immediately get down to business and be professional as soon as she needs to be. she'll prepare, and know her lines before she gets onto the set to film, and she'll still have fun, have a laugh and be very good natured throughout the whole thing.

that is my kind of actor. i love actors like that! makes life so much easier. *happy-dreamy sigh* i hope i manage to find actors that good, in my (being very hopeful here that i actually have a...) directing career. *sigh*

Comment

i think about the only times she's, well anti-social, between takes is if she's doing something depressing, like sam in 2010 or during threads or the like, when she needs to be down and depressed and unhappy. then she's said she'll go off on her own in a corner and be alone to keep her mood
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i think about the only times she's, well anti-social, between takes is if she's doing something depressing, like sam in 2010 or during threads or the like, when she needs to be down and depressed and unhappy. then she's said she'll go off on her own in a corner and be alone to keep her mood
          You know this is something that really interests me and i've often wondered how Amanda "grounds" herself after doing a really sad scene. How on earth do you turn off from something so intense and come back to normal.
          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
            You know this is something that really interests me and i've often wondered how Amanda "grounds" herself after doing a really sad scene. How on earth do you turn off from something so intense and come back to normal.
            again, from the commentaries. in the scene in New Order in which
            Spoiler:
            fifth is torturing sam, and sam is crying; andy mikita and gary jones are doing the commentary, and jones asks if those are real tears. mikita says yes. (she actually makes herself cry for scenes like that when required). jones asked what thats like, as in after the scene, he yells cut, amanda's crying. he didn't really give an answer, but it was sort of a case of, 'yeah so that must be awkward, how does that work'. i've been wondering how she makes herself cry, and how long it takes for her to stop. it must really suck for her to have to get herself to that point in the first place. you've gotta wonder how long it takes to snap out of it. i had thought that maybe she can just go back to being all good humoured and jokey fairly quickly. but now i have to wonder...

Comment

you must have the ability to just ignore everything around you, but what you're reacting to. get yourself in that mindset, live it and then have to push it aside once it's over

sigpic

Comment

After all this talk of what Amanda goes through to get in the mood to cry, is making me sad. It just goes to show you how professional she is, and I would hope that RDA would have been able to cheer her up afterwards, knowing what a joker he is.

I have also wondered, since Amanda does her own stunts (when plausable) how many injuries she's had. I know of the concussion she had from The Enemy Within, that must have been some sight on that scene when the director yells cut, and she doesn't get up
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  After all this talk of what Amanda goes through to get in the mood to cry, is making me sad. It just goes to show you how professional she is, and I would hope that RDA would have been able to cheer her up afterwards, knowing what a joker he is.

I have also wondered, since Amanda does her own stunts (when plausable) how many injuries she's had. I know of the concussion she had from The Enemy Within, that must have been some sight on that scene when the director yells cut, and she doesn't get up

SHe had a broken rib from one episode. I can't remember which early episode. What's worse she didn't know for a while until she went to get a massage. He was the one that discovered the broken rib. She talked about how painful it was. I'm not completely sure, but I think they had to re-break the rib and set it properly.

Comment

i think she twisted her ankel in Rules of Engagement, adn then got too close to some explosives in another eps and got a little singed

there were tadpoles in the water she was supposed to drink in death knell...don't know if that counts as an injury or not

sigpic

Comment

i think she twisted her ankel in Rules of Engagement, adn then got too close to some explosives in another eps and got a little singed

there were tadpoles in the water she was supposed to drink in death knell...don't know if that counts as an injury or not
                      It certainly gets the factor
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Tell me she didn't carry on and drink anyway! That's horrible.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
                          Actually, I too am looking for your weekly review. I geniunely enjoy your posts; they're so in-depth and -dare I say it?- insightful.
                          Me three.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            there was another one, where there was a mention of all of them not knowing there lines, then it was quickly corrected by saying, well 3 of them anyway. then a pause before them saying that amanda never messes up her lines.

the commentaries always have a mention of how brilliant amanda is regardless of whats thrown at her.
                            Could you imagine how long the work day would be if the other 3 had to do Amanda's technobabble
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Could you imagine how long the work day would be if the other 3 had to do Amanda's technobabble
                              well shanks might be able to do it after a few takes. it might take a while but once he got it it would probably only amount to the same time it would take AT.

... because he speaks really fast...

i wonder how david hewlitt manages? is he as good with all that stuff as AT?

Comment

[spam]ok, we've got some new people in these parts so i'd just like to point all our lovely newbies in the direction of the Who should lead SG-1? thread. don't feel obligated to post, but vote if you'd like to.[/spam]

do we know id DH studied astrophysics like AT did?
                                Its always made me so proud to be an AT to know what she goes through to get us the scenes we love.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X