X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Everybody ready for the madness that is finale night?! This will be my third finale night since visiting GW, second since being a member. Bring on the craziness!

I know this is a little OT, but I'm slightly confused. Someone wrote me a review for shattered praising my cross-pollination of shows (confusion point No 1... I never intended to combine any shows) ie SG-1 and BSG (or was it BGS... I dunno.)

Anyway, apart from the fact that I never meant to "cross-pollinate", what the hell is "BSG"? Is it a TV show? And why on Earth would my fic be a "cross-pollination"? Anyone?
      Eum, I think 'BSG' is Battlestar Galactica.
      Enjoy your finale night all

Comment

BSG is battle star galactica, a really kick butt show that comes on at 9pm after stargate and atlantis on scifi
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
          Eum, I think 'BSG' is Battlestar Galactica.
          Enjoy your finale night all
          Battlestar Galactica? I'm never even watched the show! I'm not sure it's even shown in the Uk. How can my fic be a crossover? Randomness of randomness.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I've just found three very, very, very cute expressions.

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Poor Amanda, she ain't gonna want THAT one posted all over the web. LOL!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Poor Amanda, she ain't gonna want THAT one posted all over the web. LOL!
              I love it. I know this sounds like the weirdest thing, but that clip reminded me of Nine Lives, the fic where Sam's turned into a cat. My cat squints and flicks her nose just like that. It was so cute and I was squeeing like a crazy thing.

I am now awaiting the arrival of the men in white coats you just ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                Happy Birthday Paradox Realities! I hope it was great, and filled with stargatey goodness.

I'd love to add PR and Lida to our birthday list in the Index, but seeing as Australia is a day ahead of the rest of the world, I don't want to get the dates wrong just because I'm going by my own clock. So if people would like to give me exact dates, I'll edit the Bday list .
                My birthday is August 12th...

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
                  I'm not far away from you... I'm an August 3rd girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                    I never saw any ep from season 9 but it seems they let AT play a 'smaller' role. The excuse TPTB gives is that so the new personages can be fully explored so it goes more about Mitchell and Vala then about the whole team. I hope our Sam comes back in S10
                    But it seemed 'Ripple Effect' was a good episode for Sam. No?
                    I'd say "Ripple Effect" was a Sam-centric episode but it was also a good team episode... I know what you mean - season 9 is like season 6 - a lot of episodes where Sam has great scenes and moves the plot forward but no obvious Sam-centric episodes...

I am of a mind, that as long as Sam is in it and AT is given some great scenes to show off her brilliance, I'm happy but, of course I would love for them to write some Sam - centric episodes in season 10 like they did for Cam, "Collateral Damage", "Babylon", Tealc in, "Stronghold", etc. ....

Comment

Anyway, to get back on topic, I've just found three very, very, very cute expressions.
                      Swell! From what ep are those shots, TJ?

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
                        I'd say "Ripple Effect" was a Sam-centric episode but it was also a good team episode... I know what you mean - season 9 is like season 6 - a lot of episodes where Sam has great scenes and moves the plot forward but no obvious Sam-centric episodes...

I am of a mind, that as long as Sam is in it and AT is given some great scenes to show off her brilliance, I'm happy but, of course I would love for them to write some Sam - centric episodes in season 10 like they did for Cam, "Collateral Damage", "Babylon", Tealc in, "Stronghold", etc. ....
                        I didn't really consider Ripple Effect to be a Sam-centric episode, just as I didn't really consider POV as a Sam-centric episode. It had a great deal of Amanda in it, but we didn't really learn anything new about our Sam in it. The episode had a great deal of potential of being a Sam-centric episode, but seriously lacked any real emotional growth, trauma or change to her character due to something that happened within the episode.

The season has given us a great deal of Vala-centric storylines in the earlier half of the season and last week's Crusade and Babylon and Collateral Damage were definitely Mitchell-centric, but honestly I don't believe any of the Big 3 have had any character growth episodes this season. There was big talk about this being Daniel's season, but other than being used as Vala's straight man in the first half of the season I really haven't seen it. Maybe season 10 will be different, but I seriously doubt it.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 10 March 2006, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by starprops
                          I'm not far away from you... I'm an August 3rd girl.
                          Wow look at all of us Leo's, Aug 21st here (1 week before Amanda's)
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            but I didn't see any real emotional growth, trauma or change to her character due to something that happened in the episode.
                            I suppose one could count the out-of-left-field, inexplicable scene
                            Spoiler:
                            with Marty
                            as change. Certainly not a positive one.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              I didn't really consider Ripple Effect to be a Sam-centric episode, just as I didn't really consider POV as a Sam-centric episode. It had a great deal of Amanda in it, but we didn't really learn anything new about our Sam in it. The episode had a great deal of potential of being a Sam-centric episode, but seriously lacked any real emotional growth, trauma or change to her character due to something that happened within the episode.

The season has given us a great deal of Vala-centric storylines in the earlier half of the season and last week's Crusade and Babylon and Collateral Damage were definitely Mitchell-centric, but honestly I don't believe any of the Big 3 have had any character growth episodes this season. There was big talk about this being Daniel's season, but other than being used as Vala's straight man in the first half of the season I really haven't seen it. Maybe season 10 will be different, but I seriously doubt it.
                              Let's hope you're wrong about that, I do hope they learn from this season's lower ratings to get their heads out of their a$$es and back on track
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                                Swell! From what ep are those shots, TJ?
                                Crusade.

Comment

Working...
                                X