Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dreamer
    Sam's character is coming back to what it was before the end of the season 8. She is great at what she does and you can believe her as a leader. I am even starting to find that cam is starting to grow into his own character. However, I do believe that Sam is the stronger leader. He is a hot head and is more likely to get them killed than anything at this time. He needs to grow into what he is doing and time will tell. Personally I would like to see Sam's character grow and show the nay sayers what she has. I also think her character would be strong if they had her and jack together. then she could have her family and someone at home who could protect her kids and be with to talk to. I think it would make her character stronger. She could still be soldier Sam and balance marriage, family, and career. many military families have to do that. I don't care what those anti Sam/jack people think their chemistry is great and it does make sense.
    oh, can i say how much i would love that? i can? I WOULD LOVE THAT!!!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

gateworld is being poopy. i just wanted to thank tsaxlady for the screencaps.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

i've made a new thread called 'the many reasons why we LOVE the sam/jack relationship!'. if anyone is interested in the subject -even if you're not 'into' it, but don't mind it playing out- please reply in the thread. i want the ptb to know the subject is interesting enough to continue.

thus ends this service announcement.

sally

edited to add - forget posting in that thread. a moderator is combining it into THE FRIGGIN SHIPPER THREAD.... *takes deep breaths*
        Last edited by majorsal; 04 March 2006, 08:05 PM.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Bartender? Give me a double! I'm exhausted from the adventures of trying to stay in GW tonight. Whew! *wipes forehead*.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            Okay Sally since GW has been acting up today I spent some time working on caps from Arthur's Mantle you can find them here
            So did you throw in that picture of Teal'c just to keep us on our toes? Which one of these things is not like the others? LOL!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Okay Sally since GW has been acting up today I spent some time working on caps from Arthur's Mantle you can find them here
              Nice Taxlady!

She really does have a wide range of expressions. Some really crack me up I can't wait till Shore Leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                So did you throw in that picture of Teal'c just to keep us on our toes? Which one of these things is not like the others? LOL!
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                  Bartender? Give me a double! I'm exhausted from the adventures of trying to stay in GW tonight. Whew! *wipes forehead*.
                  Sorry for the delay... I couldn't get in myself. Blah! I hate GW!
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Nice Taxlady!

She really does have a wide range of expressions. Some really crack me up I can't wait till Shore Leave!
                    Yeah, she just looks so much more animated these past couple eps. I hope it means Amanda is having more fun with it.

My LJ

Comment

AT mentions in the recent Stargate edition that she has chosen to play Sam with more humor this season and I am guessing next too. I'm glad too. I used to love her expressions when RDA would throw in an adlib. In fact the more I think about it, I believe the adlibs wouldn't have worked so well without her expressions.

Comment

AT mentions in the recent Stargate edition that she has chosen to play Sam with more humor this season and I am guessing next too. I'm glad too. I used to love her expressions when RDA would throw in an adlib. In fact the more I think about it, I believe the adlibs wouldn't have worked so well without her expressions.
                        Works pretty well vice versa (cites Foothold and Thor' Chariot).
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Yeah, she just looks so much more animated these past couple eps. I hope it means Amanda is having more fun with it.
                          I would say so. At the beginning of the season, as she said in her interview, she had to come into this new, pre-established team dynamic, and she was worried about being the outsider. Add to that the stresses of being a new mother, and trying to balance those responsibilities with what is, effectively, a double-time job... she was probably nervous, worried, tired and stressed, wondering why the hell she'd come back to Stargate.

By the end of the season, however, I think she'd got back into the swing of things a little more... she'd settled into the new team and settled into working life again, with her very supportive friends and colleagues. I also think that she was becoming more at ease with Olivia... she had been thrown into this world of nappy changing, breast feeding and all night screaming which she didn't understand just when she had to go back to work. Now she's probably learnt what Olivia needs when and if much more comfortable in her role as a mother, more comfortable in her own skin and feeling more secure about her physicality etc (unlkie she was in GUP etc) and generally happier and more balanced, realising she can have it all.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            ssooo... i got my season 8 boxset and not only is there no threads commentary, but there is no citizen joe commentary and no it's good to be king commentary. hmmm. well, at least there appears to be commentaries for every other episode. and AT is even on (at least) one of them. so its not really bad, just not as good as it could be.

(anything i should be warned about before i check them out though?)
                            It may be too late, but take an anti-nausea pill or at least don't watch the PU commentary on a full stomach. The fawning over CB is nauseating. (IMHO)

Comment

My 2 cents on the episode. I haven't read everyone's posts yet, but just had to get it off my chest. The episode held my interest and I amazingly didn't hate Vala, but
                              Spoiler:
                              I was appalled by the fact that this was basically an all-Vala episode with Sam, Teal'c and even Cam reduced to asking her questions. And what a missed opportunity to show off MS' acting ability. Why didn't they have him tell the story (being Vala) and then we could see CB in the flashbacks? Oh wait--because TPTB are in love w/ Vala and want to showcase her at every opportunity. Silly me.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                It may be too late, but take an anti-nausea pill or at least don't watch the PU commentary on a full stomach. The fawning over CB is nauseating. (IMHO)

Ah thanks for the warning
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X