Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deejay435
    I bring more pretties for LiveJournal users. This one is a Sam/AT moodtheme. It's very nice. NOT done by me, I am only the messanger.

http://community.livejournal.com/sta...s/1252504.html
    ROFL, I love that naughty one with JR, but I can't tell who the other guy is. Amanda has such a wonderful expression on her face.

Comment

sg-1fanintn!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
        now if only TPTB would acknowledge it!

I know I probably don't need to say this here, but if anyonehasn't voted in the "who should lead SG-1?" poll please do so. We're falling! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24329
        well so far carter has 68% of the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Sam felt something for Martouf. Deep friendship for certain and perhaps more...but she never was able to distinguish where she left off and Jolinar began so even had Martouf lived, I don't think they would have ended up together in the long run.
          Yes, that's really where they left it in canon. And JR said that originally, his character was slated to be a one-shot guest, dealing with Carter's residual mental/emotional ties to Jolinar.

It was always very clear (to me, at least) that Sam's pull to Martouf was driven by the intense feelings Jolinar left behind in her. That's one of the things I did agree with in RE - because the way the writers claimed that Sam/Martouf had tried (because they probably would have tried) and subsequently failed (because neither of them realized what was driving their attraction). They really reinforced that direction in character. What Sam and Martouf felt for one another wasn't rooted in their actual (human) physiologies/emotional makeup, it was rooted in Jolinar and Lantesh.

I love that aspect about the Tok'ra in general. I think it's utterly fascinating. I was reading a fic recently (which is outstanding, literally pro caliber - but still unfinished) by SGCBearcub, whereby the author postulates that there aren't two entities in a Tok'ra, there are three. The host, the symbiot, and an (often confused) enmeshment of the two entities as one - which she even has a Tok'ra name for. It ends up making for for a hugely confusing state of consciousness at times. I love that idea, truly brilliant.

The fic is here (still ongoing) if anyone hasn't started reading it yet: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2598157/1/

minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            I've already suggested this: AU Janet returns to her home planet to find that all those she holds near and dear (Sam, Cassie, Daniel and Teal'c) have succumbed to the plague while she was gone. Good old doc bravely goes on and utilizes the vaccine she got from Landry and saves the rest of her race. Janet is then emotionally and physically wiped out and decides that she wants to leave her homeland and seek a new beginning. She asks to return to Earth and the SGC. Landry brings her back and allows her to practice in the infirmary (especially since Lam/Doig is on maternity leave anyhow). From there, all possibilities are wide open.
            Yup. Sorry CG - I didn't realize. But absolutely, I'd love to see that happen, too.

Comment

Just a quick question for all you Sam fans - I'm making a vid and I cannot remember for the life of me which episode she was promoted to major in. Please help. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
                Just a quick question for all you Sam fans - I'm making a vid and I cannot remember for the life of me which episode she was promoted to major in. Please help. Thanks!!
                Season 3 - "Fair Game"
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven

sg-1fanintn!!!!

See its really not that hard to learn how to salute. Carter so far is the only one who has even been close. Sheppard's was beyond pathetic, mitchells didnt strike me as too good either, Jacks got that pinky issue, some of the guest stars have been equally horrible. It really, really torqs me off when they dont even try to salute right. Again just like how she moves and carries her weapon AT rocks. She is the best physical actor on the show IMHO.

EDIT: and oh, uh happy birthday sg-1fanintn!
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Happy B-Day SG-1FanInTN!!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      See its really not that hard to learn how to salute. Carter so far is the only one who has even been close. Sheppard's was beyond pathetic, mitchells didnt strike me as too good either, Jacks got that pinky issue, some of the guest stars have been equally horrible. It really, really torqs me off when they dont even try to salute right. Again just like how she moves and carries her weapon AT rocks. She is the best physical actor on the show IMHO.

EDIT: and oh, uh happy birthday sg-1fanintn!
                      in the audio commentary from season 4's Prodigy, I seem to recall PDL talking about the salute and how to get it right. were hailey and kerrigans salutes right? we know AT does pretty much everything right, I have never ever heard any director do anything other than praise her extensively. the only negative thing I have ever heard about her ability to do things on the show has come from AT herself.

ooh, and i second the birthday wish. Happy Birthday SG-1Fanintn!

Comment

It's not too late!

After speaking with a very nice women at the Stargate set last week, I learned that many of the SG-1 cast had already returned back to work to block out scenes ect; however, I believe the remainder of the cast and crew will begin filming season ten tomorrow.

Dani76 and I wanted to do something special for Amanda to welcome her back to the set and to let her know how happy we all are to have Sam back for another season of Stargate.

So in honor of Amanda's return, we've sent her a small token of our apprecation in Samanda's name. We know other's have also sent out letters and cards with well wishes, and we're hoping this will show Amanda how greatful we all are that she has chosen to come back for season ten. If you would like to join us in giving Amanda a big, warm, love-filled group hug, then please take a moment to jot down a few words onto a postcard and send it off to...

Amanda Tapping
                        C/O Bridge Studios
                        2400 Boundary Road
                        Burnaby, BC
                        V5M 3Z3
                        Canada

Below is a small card I made with the gifts we had shipped to her as well as the message we put on the card. Please share with us in wishing Amanda a happy return to the set in what we hope will be the best season yet.

Special thanks to CG for writing the lovely little poem for our message.

Comment

Because my week coming up is gonna be busy, i posted this week's chapter of trinkets today

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...etscrisis.html

enjoy
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            You left out a good one: the classic "Maybourne you're an idiot" in the outdoor cafe scene in Foothold! And AT even ad libbed that line.

And, even though it was directed at Jack, I loved the glare from Sam when he corrected Joe's grammar in 2010 and Sam was standing between both men.
                            DOH! How could I leave off Foothold or Paradise Lost? Great stuff there.

And I love her glare at Jack in 2010.

What else?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

For those of you who have not already seen them, they have posted photos of the new, to be released, Sam action figure dolls on this thread Action Figure Sam

It looks as if there will be a green BDU and, desert camo version of Sam as well as Replicarter. According to what I have read there is also a black ops version of Jack, Daniel and Teal'c... so more than likely the same can be said about Sam.

It's hard to see Sam's facial expressions because of the lighting, but the ones for Teal'c look amazing.
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 19 February 2006, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                It's not too late!

After speaking with a very nice women at the Stargate set last week, I learned that many of the SG-1 cast had already returned back to work to block out scenes ect; however, I believe the remainder of the cast and crew will begin filming season ten tomorrow.

Dani76 and I wanted to do something special for Amanda to welcome her back to the set and to let her know how happy we all are to have Sam back for another season of Stargate.

So in honor of Amanda's return, we've sent her a small token of our apprecation in Samanda's name. We know other's have also sent out letters and cards with well wishes, and we're hoping this will show Amanda how greatful we all are that she has chosen to come back for season ten. If you would like to join us in giving Amanda a big, warm, love-filled group hug, then please take a moment to jot down a few words onto a postcard and send it off to...

Amanda Tapping
                                C/O Bridge Studios
                                2400 Boundary Road
                                Burnaby, BC
                                V5M 3Z3
                                Canada

Below is a small card I made with the gifts we had shipped to her as well as the message we put on the card. Please share with us in wishing Amanda a happy return to the set in what we hope will be the best season yet.

Special thanks to CG for writing the lovely little poem for our message.
                                Guys, that is so beyond generous and thoughtful. What a beautiful thing to do - and on behalf of the entire thread. CG - that poem is just perfect. You guys are so great!

Hugs,
                                MG

Comment

Working...
                                X