Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

ok, friends i can definitely go with

given their familarity, i can see sam and cam working together at some point in the past

he's an air force brat too, maybe they were stationed together somewhere, or thier paths crossed as they were growing up
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
      Do you mean like the smile in Ripple Effect where Mitchell told her she now had someone to talk to on her level and she said, "Yep"? I don't know if that was considered mega-watt, but it lit up my room! Or maybe I'm remembering that incorrectly, I just remember that I loved that grin. BTW, any pictures of that???
      When I think of the mega-watt smile, it involves lots of teeth. I looked at caps from Ripple Effect, and I didn't see any teeth in that particular scene (although, it may just be that I couldn't find any caps showing them...). The closest thing I found was at the beginning of the scene with Martouf. She's definitely smiling (although her teeth, thankfully, are not nearly as blindingly white as Martouf's ), but as I recall the scene, her joy at seeing him was tempered with a great deal of angst, and therefore I didn't think the smile quite qualified as mega-watt... Close... but not quite.

Judge for yourselves:
      http://www.stargatesg1971.com/ripple.../PDVD2977.html

Of course, Sam's mega-watt smiles never even approach the level of Amanda's super mega-watt smiles.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        lol

ok, friends i can definitely go with

given their familarity, i can see sam and cam working together at some point in the past

he's an air force brat too, maybe they were stationed together somewhere, or thier paths crossed as they were growing up
        That's the impression I always had. Being air force brats, they crossed paths.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          *stares at the last few pages of battle*
          yikesy
          *checks to see if she clicked on the wrong thread and somehow managed to end up in the ''Lets squabble over Teal'c'' thread*
          nope, definitely in the "Sam's a great character" thread
          Well, that was different

LOL
          You're just jealous that you weren't involved.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            An interesting Carter / Chain of Command discussion thread over here folks - if you can dodge the occasional troll.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=24085&page=6

minigeek
            i checked it out. the same idiot(s) partake in =cough= debating, so i'm staying out of it.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
              You're just jealous that you weren't involved.
              Well. While you all squabbled over Teal'c, I ran away with Geek!Sam!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Well. While you all squabbled over Teal'c, I ran away with Geek!Sam!!!!!
                That's fine by me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  When I think of the mega-watt smile, it involves lots of teeth. I looked at caps from Ripple Effect, and I didn't see any teeth in that particular scene (although, it may just be that I couldn't find any caps showing them...). The closest thing I found was at the beginning of the scene with Martouf. She's definitely smiling (although her teeth, thankfully, are not nearly as blindingly white as Martouf's ), but as I recall the scene, her joy at seeing him was tempered with a great deal of angst, and therefore I didn't think the smile quite qualified as mega-watt... Close... but not quite.

Judge for yourselves:
                  http://www.stargatesg1971.com/ripple.../PDVD2977.html

Of course, Sam's mega-watt smiles never even approach the level of Amanda's super mega-watt smiles.
                  Nope.

Sam's patented super mega-watt smile is reserved for Jack only.

/me ducks the slings and arrows of non/anti/other shippers

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Nope.

I'll protect you, Ooober!! You're indispensable!!!

Comment

spoilers for s9's 'off the grid'

Originally posted by AmberLM
                      Hi guys, I have just two words to say after last week's episode: "Mary Poppins" - did anyone else get the sudden overwhelming urge to watch Sam kick Mitchell's @$$ to the middle of next century? Or was it just me? I'd say that borders on insubordination/insulting an officer but then I guess they're the same rank so I don't know whether it counts. More than that what the hell did he mean anyway? Dorothy, maybe but why Mary Poppins?
                      you know, i wasn't bothered by that 'mary poppins' line, because i think there was really a sweet-like kind of intent behind it. it's just... i'm sick of mitchell, and there's nothing else to really say.

i want my sg1 to consist of sam, daniel, and teal'c. period. (i want my stargate sg1 to consist of sam, daniel, and teal'c as sg1, and landry and a *fixed to not make me want to b*tch slap her* lam)

sigh

we are in the end run of NEW episodes, and we barely have anything to talk about. what the he// does that say about the show?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        I'll protect you, Ooober!! You're indispensable!!!
                        We'll both protect Ooooober! Nobody messes with my OOOOooober!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Nope.

I'll settle for giving you a dirty look. Wouldn't want to hurt you Über.

Comment

I was looking for season 9 pictures to use for live journal icons, and I noticed something that might be quite interesting (to me, at least). I couldn't find a single pic of Sam's mega-watt smile in season 9. Was I simply looking in the wrong places? Or are we almost through an entire season without one blindingly brilliant Sam smile? And if so, why do you think that is?
                            because she has nothing to be happy about?

or, because sam/amanda hasn't really had anything to really sink her teeth into for season 9? i know we've got some eps left, but does anyone think anything OH GOD, THIS IS GREEEEAT! is going to happen? i'm secretly hoping it will

did anyone see the new nominations for the 'saturn awards'? i didn't think amanda would be up for anything (they'd actually have to GIVE her something good to work off of), but ben browder got a nomination. really? huh. for what ep? for what performance? on farscape?!?

claudia black was nommed for -i guess- her six eps at the beginning of the season. she was good, but good enough for a nom? what is it about farscape that makes the media have orgasms?

i seem to feel rather snarky recently. i guess because i can't find anywhere to talk.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                              I think you're right Strix... weirdly I was thinking about that the other day. Nor have we seen one of those stunning tight close ups on Amanda. You know how they used to go in an inch from her nose with the camera... I don't think that's happened this year. As a screencapper.. you notice these things.
                              i'm not a screencapper (but i enjoy the results ), but i've noticed no wonderful close ups too. i think amanda's one of the most beautiful women i've ever seen. she doesn't even need makeup, that's how naturally gorgeous she is

I'm not sure we've really had any of the subtle trademarks like that, that highlight Sam... S9 in my head has been quite bland, and I have thoughts on what that means, but I'm not going there at this time of the day... happy place, happy place... I'm just putting my hopes on the load being shared in s10 to redeem it all a little.. although maybe it got better in the last few eps... you never know

share this insight with me tonight on messanger, okay?

sally
                              Last edited by majorsal; 16 February 2006, 04:40 PM.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I was looking for season 9 pictures to use for live journal icons, and I noticed something that might be quite interesting (to me, at least). I couldn't find a single pic of Sam's mega-watt smile in season 9. Was I simply looking in the wrong places? Or are we almost through an entire season without one blindingly brilliant Sam smile? And if so, why do you think that is?
                                That's something I've actually noticed as a quirk of Amanda's acting style, I don't even know if she realizes - she'll smile differently when she's working with another actor she really clicks with, than she does when she's working with one she has yet to find her footing with. She does it a lot. If you go back and re-watch (any season) you'll see right away which actors she has a really friendly, easy, fun relationship with and which she isn't as close or as comfortable with, simply by the type of smile she affords them in any scene where a smile is called for. I bet you anything it's totally unintentional on her part. Likely only those who know Amanda well (or watch her on TV as closely as we do) would even notice, but it's there.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X