No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bout we make sure one of the two have a video camera, or ask Julia how we can get it on film, so then all Samanda can see? Those of us geeks who are GABIT deprived and plotting luggage violations... hmm did I say that out loud?

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    I did think about the fact that certain people would be disappointed at not being there, if it were to be presented at the cocktail party. However, if we presented it there, it would be fifteen-ish people rather than two. I don't know. Maybe someone could organise a lottery or something and we could sort it on here soon-ish. If it does happen to be someone who's going to the Cocktail party, then we could ask Julia about the possibility.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Guys, I don't have to be a presenter, either. I have absolutely no problem with the forum electing two other ambassadors (or even just one) to hand off the poster. So please don't feel that it has to be that way, truly. I really mean that. I wouldn't be hurt or offended in the slightest, I promise.

-
      Too bad, mini. You're presenting it!!!

(Unless, of course, you don't want to... heh heh )

and...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHIMMERINGSTAR!!!

Comment

Ha ha! We soo have to have a Stargate get together some time, hun. You're only about an hour away from me, too. Have to work on that, maybe some time this summer when it's nice outside again, we can get a little SG-1 Season 10 premiere party goin' on!
        Hmmm... When ARE they going to premiere Season 10 of SG-1, because there totally oughtta be parties for people who live near each other.

Comment

i agree with keeping it low key. we're not doing this for attention, we're doing this because we want to..so low key is so much the better
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Hmmm... When ARE they going to premiere Season 10 of SG-1, because there totally oughtta be parties for people who live near each other.
            Ah but if you end up at one of the parties you must show how to do the dance of spaz
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Ah but if you end up at one of the parties you must show how to do the dance of spaz
              Aw, crap.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHIMMERINGSTAR!!!
                Originally posted by tsaxlady
                HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIMMERING STAR!!
                Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Happy Birthday Shimmering Star

Although I don't like to mention my age (dam it seems to change every year)
                I do know of what you speak when you say Atari
                Thanks! Wish I could give out rep today. Figures it'd go on the fritz on Valentine's Day, eh?
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Happy Birthday ShimmeringStar!!!

And as for you, Tracy Jane and Mandysg1... heh heh. OK, I'm probably in deeeeep trouble with Coley now, but that was so funny!!!

Comment

Hay MINI

I had to reply to this one - I'm definatley not a Canadian but when I saw this is your list I wanted to say

25. You have an Inuit carving by your bedside with the rationale,
                    "What's good enough protection for the Prime Minister
                    is good enough for me". (And you know who the Inuit ARE!)

I have an Inukshuk made from soapstone along with a beautiful bird pin made from Nar Whale tusk that an inuit woman gave me after a concert I performed in Iqaluit, Baffin Island - they are both very special to me because of how I came to get them.

Oh and I do know what a serviette is but you can keep the poutine it's not to my liking.

You can consider me another geek in the group. I did play softball from peewee league until senior division. I was only picked early on for pick-up games because I was a first string catcher and relief pichter. But because I'm short and not a very good base runner I had to learn to place hit really well to have a okay batting average. I learned how to place it by figuring out the science behind how a ball travels when hit and by the angle of the bat. In fact for a paper in my high school physics class I did a paper on softball and batting. My love of science is second only to my love for music. My students will tell you one of my favorite things to ask them is "What is the science behind how that works?". My love of SciFi came from my dad - we watched the SciFi theatre movie together almost every Sat when I was a kid. My mother turned me on to read - she just did not expect that I would love reading SciFi/Fantasy books.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

40 SIGNS THAT YOU MAY BE CANADIAN:

1. You stand in "line-ups" at the movie, not lines.
                      2. You're not offended by the term, "Homo Milk"
                      3. You understand the phrase, "Could you please pass me a serviette,
                      I just spilled my poutine"
                      4. You eat chocolate bars instead of candy bars.
                      Clearly, I am not Canadian. But are you an Okie?

http://www.stupidsigns.com/default.asp?CP=OKIE
                      (And sadly, I have had that conversation...)

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIMMERING STAR!!

It seems we have two birthday gals on Valentine's Day ... so, yes, let's raise a glass and have a toast to the dynamic duo: Shimmering Star and Astrogeologist!
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 14 February 2006, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Sam Carter had a busy day in the lab. She was still working on some equations when General Landry stopped in the doorway and told her to "shut it down, Colonel, and go home. After all, it's Valentine's Day!"

What was waiting for Sam when she got home that night?!

Mucho points for originality, not the same old same old ...

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            Happy Birthday ShimmeringStar!!!

And as for you, Tracy Jane and Mandysg1... heh heh. OK, I'm probably in deeeeep trouble with Coley now, but that was so funny!!!
                            Did Coley happen to read it
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Sam Carter had a busy day in the lab. She was still working on some equations when General Landry stopped in the doorway and told her to "shut it down, Colonel, and go home. After all, it's Valentine's Day!"

What was waiting for Sam when she got home that night?!

Mucho points for originality, not the same old same old ...
                              Teal'c holding a dozen roses and a box of chocolates, but what was the most surprising was that Teal'c was wearing a french maids outfit
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It's strange because some of these apply to what I say/see:

2. You're not offended by the term, "Homo Milk"
                                4. You eat chocolate bars instead of candy bars.
                                5. You drink pop, not soda.
                                9. You talk about the weather with strangers and friends alike.
                                14. Pike is a type of fish, not some part of a highway.
                                15. You drive on a highway, not a freeway.
                                16. You sit on a couch not a chesterfield - that is some small town in Quebec!
                                17. You know what a Robertson screwdriver is.
                                38. You know Toronto is not a province.

But then again, I'm a little strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X