No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually, 98% of all car wrecks are preventable in some way shape or form. they are attributable to some sort of human error, be it an error in driving, lack of maintenance, low tire pressure...something.

and wearing a seat belt vastly increases your chance of survival
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      I don't think she likes him. In the 2nd episode he was in when he walked in she was really annoyed. I thought the little peck on the cheek at the end was so not in keeping with the rest of the episode unless she was just messing with him. Which is entirely possible from the look on her face as she walked away.
      I never once for a moment thought that Sam was being serious in that scene. I figured she was just messing around with Rodney, seeing how for all his brains and intelligence he couldn't see she was joking with him.

I think it will be interesting to see Sam and McKay interact on Atlantis, because while I loathed the Rodney on SG1, I've grown to quite like the Rodney on Atlantis. I guess because he's, I don't know, in a different context. Being in another Galaxy etc... And the interaction with the people he works with can be very fun.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        See, this is what I had expected to get on that SG quiz and I got Sam.
        I really don't see myself as a Sam, so I'm really curious as to what I answered that put me into that category. The only thing I can think of is the question where I answered inventor because none of the other answers seemed appropriate for me. I like creating and building things, so inventor seemed close...actually I prefer demolishing things and taking things apart but that wasn't an option.

The truth of the matter is I'm more like Linea - The Destroyer of Worlds.
        I'm terribly good at taking things apart also Kat. All those little bits and pieces come off so easily, and then there's always something more to see underneath that, and then this little bit of casing is obstructing my view of that..... and how the hell do I put it all back together again!?
        Yes, hmm.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
          This is what happens when two supposedly intelligent adults attempt to play Stargate Scrabble (tm) while drinking beer and single malt whisky.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...7-32_0130a.jpg
          http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...1-08_0204a.jpg

Yes, that's the best they could manage. Utterly pathetic... *wanders away shaking head*
          w00t!!! nice work guys
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
            Plus, as you say, the most inappropriate ways he has of expressing desire and interest. I'd be tempted to pour a glass of lemonade on him, myself.
            Only lemonade? Why not a whole glass of pure lemon juice. You know, not diluted with sugar .
            And we all know how much Rodney looooooves lemons.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
              Only lemonade? Why not a whole glass of pure lemon juice. You know, not diluted with sugar .
              And we all know how much Rodney looooooves lemons.
              Well you know, I wouldn't want to really hurt him, just make him think he was about to die. His reactions would amuse me.

Comment

This is what happens when two supposedly intelligent adults attempt to play Stargate Scrabble (tm) while drinking beer and single malt whisky.
                <>
                Yes, that's the best they could manage. Utterly pathetic... *wanders away shaking head*
                Ah, deepspace remembers her last game of scrabble well. It was supposed to be an ordinary game of scrabble, certainly not one trademarked Stargate. Nobody was particularly impressed when Deepspace insisted on getting points for certain words.

Other person: "Hey, you can't do that. 'Tauri' is not a word."
                Deepspace: "It sooo is a word ."
                Other person: "And what on earth is Alkesh?"

Of course there were a scattering of other words on deepspace's behalf that could just be passed as legal words such as anubis, asgard, grenades, gate, major, ancients, chevron, wraith, wormhole, ra etc...

good work you two!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  Ah, deepspace remembers her last game of scrabble well. It was supposed to be an ordinary game of scrabble, certainly not one trademarked Stargate. Nobody was particularly impressed when Deepspace insisted on getting points for certain words.

Other person: "Hey, you can't do that. 'Tauri' is not a word."
                  Deepspace: "It sooo is a word ."
                  Other person: "And what on earth is Alkesh?"

Of course there were a scattering of other words on deepspace's behalf that could just be passed as legal words such as anubis, asgard, grenades, gate, major, ancients, chevron, wraith, wormhole, ra etc...

good work you two!
                  Remind us never to play Stargate Scrabble with you, deepspace - you're obviously far too good!!!

Seriously, how can something that seems so simple in concept turn out to be so difficult in execution?!!!

Comment

You know you're addicted to Stargate When:

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Coley and 1Speed,

I’ve never been any good at scrabble because I always got impatient and bored, but this looks like great fun! Did I miss it, but looks like there are no Sam/Carter entries on those boards. You guys will just have to play more games and post some more pics. Stargate Scrabble – what a fun idea!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        Cool, you have a moped?? I have an electric moped, I bought it off a friend and retooled it a bit, put a more powerful (brushless) motor and swapped out the lithium energy cell for something with more juice. It'll only do 46 km/h, but hey... it's electric. All goes according to plan, I'll be getting a new Vespa next year too (powder blue, baby!).

mini

'Lil Electric Moped
                        http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1262/mp13sl.jpg
                        Alas, I had a moped until it was stolen out of my driveway in November. Gas powered Honda Metropolitan "Juice." Can't afford to replace it right now...
                        Last edited by Strix varia; 01 February 2006, 02:33 PM.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                          Respecting his skills and respecting him as a scientist, I tihnk she'd probably admit. (Even if she would never go as far as to respect his skills as much as Rodney thinks he deserves.) But respecting him as a person? I don't think so, I think Rodney has a way to go in this area before he ears her respect. I think Sam, with her caring and compassionate side would find it hard to respect someone who sees other people as either in the way, or a something to be trod over to get to whatever end he sees as necessary.

Plus, as you say, the most inappropriate ways he has of expressing desire and interest. I'd be tempted to pour a glass of lemonade on him, myself.

It does make for great viewing.

Actually, I see Carter as a true professional. She would show Rodney just as much respect as she would show any other member of her sceintific team. Sure he would get on her nerves a little more then most and she may be provoked into a bit of snark. But I hink if she spent a lot of time around him she would get the Sheppard type attitude. Hes a good person who can just be kinda clueless. Sometimes you just got to 'see how people are and expect them to be that way'.

Rodney is not a bad person. Carter knows this. Rodney would never have intentionally injured Teal'c in 48 hours, he just honestly thought there was no way to save him. Maybe that was the whole point of Carter in GUP.
                          Spoiler:
                          in 48 hours Rodney had basically given up on teal'c and didnt see the point of trying to "save" him because, well he was already gone. Sam stuck with it, nothing Rodney could say would sway her. She was determined and she was going to save her friend, no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Now Rodney is in a situation and hes thinking that if he were on the suface and Zelenka or someone crashed that maybe he would get to the point where he would say 'thats it their dead' and so he feared thats what others would say. But then deep down inside his subconcious he knows that Sheppard is a 'leave no one behind' kind of officer like SG-1. This doesnt make sense to him, its not how his brain normally works. That kind of thinking requires letting irrational hopes and desires to take presidence over obvious hard facts and logic so he has a hard time going there. Now Carter is about facts and logic but also she ties in the 'lets just try this wild idea because it could work' kind of hope\desire peronality. She can put it in a package he at least has some hope of understanding. Shes a bridge between the ultra nerdy and the awesomly cool. So his mind kind goes with that. If she tells him they are coming for him, its more believable to him. Because to him, why would anyone come to help.

I think Carter is as compasionate as Rodneys subconcous thinks. I dont think she would be nearly as judgemental as some people seem to. I think that if they were on a team she would see him as sort of the annoying little brother and really look out for him kinda like Sheppard does. The only difference would be she would have a chance of winning more arguements then Sheppard does (although he is pretty bright). Just IMHO
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

That's really, really funny!

My LJ

Comment

That's great. It makes me want to play scrabble, but only with someone who would play like that.
                              http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                              Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                another reason they had capes, a practical one...back in teh dark ages, when comics were hand drawn, well if an artist was having trouble with an arm or leg, they'd just have the cape drape over it and cover up the 'bad' parts

and really, my fav hero didn't have a cape. Rogue of the X-Men. now she and sam could kick bootie together
                                Oh yes. That would be fabulous. And a crossover that I might actually read if someone were to write it. *hint, hint*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X