Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
    Spolier for Season 8 Moebius below

The one highlighted above ... I thought was the funniest moment in the episode ... AT's facial expressions. I also like the moment between AU Jack and AU Sam in the Puddle Jumper, when she said she kind of liked Daniel more ... Jack's reaction was funny ... of course the shipper in me enjoyed the ending, although I wish it wasn't AU. (sorry nonshippers).
    when she said about liking daniel in the PJ, i laughed for so long i had to watch the scene again to get the rest of it.
    i loved all of their scenes in the PJ. "i can fix that!" love it! (i understand why they put the kissy bits in AU, its happy for shippers but not too devastating for non shippers, i hope. and it was just showing again that in every AU they get together, and in this one they don't get killed! well, the first AU s&j did, but they weren't AU until the moebius strip and is anyone else getting a headache? ) Oiy!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      when she said about liking daniel in the PJ, i laughed for so long i had to watch the scene again to get the rest of it.
      i loved all of their scenes in the PJ. "i can fix that!" love it! (i understand why they put the kissy bits in AU, its happy for shippers but not too devastating for non shippers, i hope. and it was just showing again that in every AU they get together, and in this one they don't get killed! well, the first AU s&j did, but they weren't AU until the moebius strip and is anyone else getting a headache? ) Oiy!
      I think that's the point. In every AU we've ever seen, Sam and Jack were together. It's reinforcing things for shippers.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Wow, with all this math talk going on, let me put forth a simple equation:

Sam + Amanda = teh hawt

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
          Some of us no longer get TV Guide because we feel that it is no longer a "guide" to what's on the telly. To me with the "new & improved" version is neither new or improved. To me, it's more like Entertainment Weekly and I gave that magazine up years ago.

Don't mind my mini-rant. I miss my old TV Guide.

I know what you mean - I do no tlike the new format either but my subscription has not run out so I still get it. Waay to hard to read - I lovedthe little almost pocket size on eit was so easy to use, read and figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            I know what you mean - I do no tlike the new format either but my subscription has not run out so I still get it. Waay to hard to read - I lovedthe little almost pocket size on eit was so easy to use, read and figure out.
            I'm in the same boat, bink. My subscription runs another 2 years. I've decided to give the new format a shot, and I do enjoy some of the new columns and articles, but there seem to be a lot of self-congratulatory articles about their photo shoots. I really don't see how the new size is supposed to help their circulation. Now it's just one more glossy on the magazine rack, when before, it stood out, usually placed by the checkout counter, and easy to pick up on your way out.

The one size fits all schedule is annoying too, especially for those of us in the center of the country. I read that they changed the format partially because so many people now use on-screen guides and they also advocate going to their online site to find local schedules. That's fine for me, but for people like my dad, who has neither of those options, he has to depend on the tv insert, just as Sky does. And I've gone to the online schedule and IMO, it's not friendly at all.

I should do as Sun suggests and complain to the source, but I get a feeling that they've committed to this shiny new format and aren't going to change it, no matter what the old time subscribers want.

Sorry for more of the off topic rant, but does some of this sound like a tv show we're all too familiar with?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              LOL, you read my mind, Strix ... there are some very talented people in the performing arts ... professional and hobbyists too.

In a prior life, I played gigs and was/am a musician (keyboards). Dipsofjazz and tsaxlady and MajorSam play professionally ... banjo, sax, and sax. Any other musicians out there?!

How about dancers? Actors? Artists - painters, sculptors?! Please share your talents, Samandans! We can add these to the list too!

BTW, it's so true - we are well-rounded! I just took a look in the mirror and I'm even more rounded than I was before the holidays and all that good cooking!
              I can play a few licks on a 5 string banjo. Nothing compared to Dipsofjazz talent though. My deceased hubby was the true musician. He and I had a ball picking dueling banjos. He loved his 12 string guitar. Oh the memories

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                I'm sorry it had to come to this, but since you're ganging up on me in two languages, take this!

NC

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! math!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs out the door*

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  Some of us no longer get TV Guide because we feel that it is no longer a "guide" to what's on the telly. To me with the "new & improved" version is neither new or improved. To me, it's more like Entertainment Weekly and I gave that magazine up years ago.
                  do you realize you just described the difference between the old stargate sg1 and the new?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    do you realize you just described the difference between the old stargate sg1 and the new?

sally
                    Amen, sally! That describes it perfectly!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      hey i'm a sam/jack shipper and i really loved moebius. didn't see it that way at all. i thought it was exactly what a lot of us had been asking for for years. and i loved seeing different versions of our team. i have to put my hand over my mouth to stop myself laughing out loud every time i see it.
                      would you explain what you mean (in the shipper thread)?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Now that's math I understand!!

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Wow, with all this math talk going on, let me put forth a simple equation:

Sam + Amanda = teh hawt
                        sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one other than NC, who actually likes math?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Am I the only one other than NC, who actually likes math?
                            lol, I do too

Comment

I don't mind maths at all, when I'm in the mood for it, but right now my head is swimming with all the French I'm doing. I've managed to write about 200 words now. Let me give you a taster.

En discutant la phrase au-dessus, j’utiliserai des exemples du monde des beaux-arts et de la littérature, aussi qu’expliquer le rôle de la société en formant des « illusions particulières ».

Lys... I'll cry if you tell me it's terrible, I really will.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                I don't mind maths at all, when I'm in the mood for it, but right now my head is swimming with all the French I'm doing. I've managed to write about 200 words now. Let me give you a taster.

En discutant la phrase au-dessus, j’utiliserai des exemples du monde des beaux-arts et de la littérature, aussi qu’expliquer le rôle de la société en formant des « illusions particulières ».

Lys... I'll cry if you tell me it's terrible, I really will.
                                I dunno, sounds pretty french to me

Comment

Working...
                                X