X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    that woud be funny!!

a bunch of us in 'obey me' hats
    I really like the idea, especially with Kat's design of said hat.
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Me too!!!

That's it AD... we need to confuse those Brits and get em to ship GABIT down here

I'll use teh powah of my mind!!!

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Well at least you get to go to A con with Amanda :'(

I want another Aussie con!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
        Methinks that it may be difficult for people to decide which of you to obey . Fun idea though.

It sounds like GABIT is really close. When is it going to be? I thought it wouldn't be for another whole year, but you all are making preparations like it's tomorrow!

Well, whoever is going to whichever cons, have FUN!
        umm, it's nov 2006....but we're planning early
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/8770/fhpt12033wi.jpg

Jack: "Carter? Did I just hear you say just a spoon full of mango makes the medicine go down?"

Carter: Mango, sir? ( under her breath )...in the most delightful way.

Comment

spamming, just cause i know some of the folks here do read jack fic...some of it does have sam in it

Permission to forward:

Voting for the Jackfic Fiction Awards starts January 8, 2006 ( midnight EST-USA), and will remain open until midnight January 21, 2006.

Please take the time to vote for who you think is the very best on Jackfic.com!

http://www.jackfic.com/jackficawards/vote.html

Remember only one vote per person.

Good luck to all nominees.

Jackfic Awards Team
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sam: Look, Orlin. The airplane leaves the bowl and flies into the hanger.
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  I've read of the Red Kite, a magnificent hawk/owl which was almost wiped out in Wales and has now made a comeback. But being a twitcher?! I thought it was a bit callous on Coley's part until I realized that she was not talking about epilepsy, but birding instead.
                  Now CG, don't be confusing owls and hawks. They're two different families entirely. And, while it would be really cool to see a Red Kite, I'd love to see (or hear) one of my cousins, Strix aluco...
                  http://www.owlpages.com/owls.php?gen...&species=aluco

So, my thoughts on 4Horseman:
                  Spoiler:
                  I was disappointed that Sam didn't have a more active roll in the solution to the problem. Somebody else used the phrase "glorified babysitter," and that's about right. How hard would it have been for the writers to have her contribute to Orlin's thought process in some small way? Jog his memory? Point out that he needed to do this or that? As it was, she had one active scene... in the gateroom, telling the SFs to stand down. She would have been a good choice to field test the device against the Ori, but then Daniel wouldn't have had much to do, so I understand that decision. Still... the writers could have had her do something constructive back at the SGC.

If this is what TPTB consider to be a strong Sam episode, I agree that we're in trouble the rest of the season.

It was good to see the longer opening credits, although it was very Mitchell centric. One of my friends commented on it, and I said that the franchise was "pimping Mitchell." Everyone smiled, and my friend chuckled that "Pimping Mitchell" would be a great name for a band. Which caused everyone to laugh even harder when Mitchell came out with his "rock and roll/band" lines.

Which leads me to... Is it just me, or is the whole "band" metaphor falling flat? Some of Mitchell's lines make me cringe. I think they're trying to convey enthusiasm on Mitchell's part, but they make him sound like a dork to me. And I'm trying really, really, really hard to like the guy.

That said, I enjoyed the Mitchell/Daniel banter... really enjoyed it, actually, and it made the scenes with the Prior work pretty well, despite the action/plot being hideously predictable. (Raise your hand if you actually believed for a minute the device would not work, and Mitchell would remain suspended in mid-air indefinitely...)

It was great to see Hammond, and I thought AT's expression(s) made that scene memorable.

The whole CMO/General Landry subplot was a big yawn. They just didn't make me care.

Teal'c was awesome! I was so relieved to actually be interested in CJ's scenes, and watch him play an active, productive roll in the storyline for a change! Kudos to the writers for some great Teal'c moments.

Orlin in a home... was he really so debilitated he couldn't function in a normal household? Someone needs to adopt the poor kid!

Overall, I thought the ep was okay... some good moments, some bad moments... nothing that made me want to watch it again when it came back on after BSG.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    umm, it's nov 2006....but we're planning early
                    Yep... very, very early! But really time will fly faster than we think & November will be here plenty quick... 'specially for people like me who've never had a passport & will need to get that done.... (And procrastination is my middle name!) But the important thing is I'm registered now!! WHOOHOO!
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Now CG, don't be confusing owls and hawks. They're two different families entirely. And, while it would be really cool to see a Red Kite, I'd love to see (or hear) one of my cousins, Strix aluco...
                      http://www.owlpages.com/owls.php?gen...&species=aluco

Spoiler:
                      I was disappointed that Sam didn't have a more active roll in the solution to the problem. Somebody else used the phrase "glorified babysitter," and that's about right. How hard would it have been for the writers to have her contribute to Orlin's thought process in some small way? Jog his memory? Point out that he needed to do this or that? As it was, she had one active scene... in the gateroom, telling the SFs to stand down. She would have been a good choice to field test the device against the Ori, but then Daniel wouldn't have had much to do, so I understand that decision. Still... the writers could have had her do something constructive back at the SGC.

If this is what TPTB consider to be a strong Sam episode, I agree that we're in trouble the rest of the season.

It was good to see the longer opening credits, although it was very Mitchell centric. One of my friends commented on it, and I said that the franchise was "pimping Mitchell." Everyone smiled, and my friend chuckled that "Pimping Mitchell" would be a great name for a band. Which caused everyone to laugh even harder when Mitchell came out with his "rock and roll/band" lines.

Which leads me to... Is it just me, or is the whole "band" metaphor falling flat? Some of Mitchell's lines make me cringe. I think they're trying to convey enthusiasm on Mitchell's part, but they make him sound like a dork to me. And I'm trying really, really, really hard to like the guy.

That said, I enjoyed the Mitchell/Daniel banter... really enjoyed it, actually, and it made the scenes with the Prior work pretty well, despite the action/plot being hideously predictable. (Raise your hand if you actually believed for a minute the device would not work, and Mitchell would remain suspended in mid-air indefinitely...)

It was great to see Hammond, and I thought AT's expression(s) made that scene memorable.

The whole CMO/General Landry subplot was a big yawn. They just didn't make me care.

Teal'c was awesome! I was so relieved to actually be interested in CJ's scenes, and watch him play an active, productive roll in the storyline for a change! Kudos to the writers for some great Teal'c moments.

Orlin in a home... was he really so debilitated he couldn't function in a normal household? Someone needs to adopt the poor kid!

Overall, I thought the ep was okay... some good moments, some bad moments... nothing that made me want to watch it again when it came back on after BSG.

So, is the Red Kite a hawk ? I'm not sure but it's a beautiful bird.

Back to topic, my thoughts on 4th Horseman II. Please bear in mind that I don't catch everything so I can be mistaken on some comments.

Spoiler:

Overall, I enjoyed the episode, althought I've seen better.
                      The pace was nice with as usual a too fast ending.
                      I wouldn't call this a Sam centric episode. I don't know why TPTB said it was one. It had the feeling of a team episode because the screen time was almost equally divided between each member of the team but sadly they were not together.
                      I actually loved the scenes between Daniel and Cam. Is it me or did they show Cam as a leader this time ? It's about time.
                      I loved Sam's scenes but was disappointed too that she didn't play a more active role in finding the cure.
                      But Teal'c was an absolute delight. He got so powerful scenes. I've always loved his interraction with Bra'tac, so I was more than pleased to watch them take an active role in the storyline. But the scene I remind the most was the one where Teal'c brought Gerak on another planet and told him that he'd rather die free. Man, I love Teal'c.
                      A negative point, the more I see Dr Lam, the more I want to slap the woman. Is she supposed to act like a professionnal grown woman or like a bickering five year old ? Where's Janet and her compassion ? She's the CMO of the SGC, I'd expect her to care for her patients and not for herself during a crisis like this one. Methinks she needs an appointment with good old Dr MacKenzie.
                      Not very much to tell about Orlin. I have yet to overcome my disappointment at not having the adult Orlin. Not that I have anything against the young actor, it's just that I didn't expected to see Orlin like that.
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Hi guys. Glad the baseball cap idea's going down well. I'm gonna do it, even if it's just me.

But... It might just be me here, I know Amanda's favourite colour is orange and all, but wouldn't it be funnier to get them done like the one she was given in the Behind the Scenes footage? You know... the blue ones? Plus I just like the colour better. Orange is cool for cons, but the blue cap we could wear like a normal cap, and I think it'd be funnier for Amanda, because she'd recognise the joke behind it.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Hey I like the idea. So you think we should do this at all three cons AT will be at this year. Most malls these days in the US have shops were you can get hats made on the spot.
                          Why don't we set up a cafepress store for GABIT2? I've seen several ideas floating around and they do shirts, hats, buttons, etc. The item isn't made until you order. You just have to upload an image and select which items you want the image to be available on.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

Spoiler:

Strix, well you basically lived inside my head for this one looks like. I don't think I could agree with you more. Even the little asides you noted were exactly the ones I did. And I also worry - if tptb think this was a strong Sam episode.
                            Spoiler:
                            ... I kept wondering why it was they didn't really explain or explore *any* of the science in the storyline. We didn't even get to see what Orlin was working on or why he was so important. We were just "told" he was. I expected the second half of this episode to expand upon and *explain* what the first half built up. But, aside from a hefty dose of preaching, we got nothing of an analytical nature.

Then, at the end of it all, while I was wondering how they were going to stop the Ori from getting them infected again, we were "told" again that (somehow) they managed to take the survivor's blood and manufacture a vaccine. Oh really? When did that happen? (was what I was thinking). If that was all it took, then why couldn't they have just revisited a 'cured' planet from earlier and get a sample of a cured farmer's blood or something? Since most of the Ori's followers seems to be pretty pedestrian when the prior's aren't around, that probably wouldn't have been too hard to accomplish.

Having said that, I *really* did enjoy Teal'c in this episode. I think it's my favorite Teal'c episode ever, frankly. Loved that apsect of it. I hope the writers continue to do more with his character. But I also hope that when they bring the 'band' into the rest of the episodes coming up, we get *some* insight into what they actually have to *do* to find solutions to their problems. I'd much rather watch them struggle to get a right answer than watch Daniel and Mitchell do a two-man comedy show while the rest of the universe burns around them, until - oh wait, at the very last second - "something" happens, and they're saved. Whatever that "something" is.

So yeah, I'd watch this one again for the awesome Teal'c bits. But not for anything else.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch
                              Why don't we set up a cafepress store for GABIT2? I've seen several ideas floating around and they do shirts, hats, buttons, etc. The item isn't made until you order. You just have to upload an image and select which items you want the image to be available on.
                              I have vaguely suggested this already, and I honestly think it's the best idea.

We can have a couple of designs for the T shirts.... because there were two brilliant patch designs... one circular a bit like the SG1 patch, and one rectangular.

The hats we could then have a choice between orange Obey Me or the blue "original" style obey me.

And then we could have the Samandan patch as a pin button for those people not wanting to wear a whole t shirt. I think it would work well.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                I have vaguely suggested this already, and I honestly think it's the best idea.

We can have a couple of designs for the T shirts.... because there were two brilliant patch designs... one circular a bit like the SG1 patch, and one rectangular.

The hats we could then have a choice between orange Obey Me or the blue "original" style obey me.

And then we could have the Samandan patch as a pin button for those people not wanting to wear a whole t shirt. I think it would work well.
                                I think Uber is already looking into this and may even have something set up or in the works (for SAmanda though, not GABIT). Might want to check with her first.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X