No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soon after gabit was annonced we discussed some appareal that we could get made to make the samandans stand out at the various cons amanda will be at this year.

folks weren't too crazy about a t-shirt, especially given that it can be hard to manage sizes and the such, however they did like the idea of a patch, something that can be sewn onto a shirt or jacket. I can't remember what page the samples are on, but i made a couple of round samples and was inviting others to put forth ideas, also checking out the feasibilty of getting the patches made if folks agree.

it was also discussed that, since we'll likely have to get more made than we need, to get permission to sell those extras at at least the gabit con, with the profits going to one of amanda's charities.

this is also something that's still in the discussion phase because we don't know if folks like it, if folks are wanting to do it and, if htey agree and like the idea, we then have to discuss it with the gabit folks and get their blessing
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a cool idea
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        I agree that the first half of season 9 has seemed "off." I do wonder, however, how much of that was very deliberate and at least partly due to the fact that they were trying to bring in a new audience. It's hard for a new person to start watching a show after it has been running for 8 eight years. Lots of "in jokes," character history, background, etc. that they won't "get." I've tried hopping into shows after even only a season or so and felt hopelessly lost. I never did get into them as a result.

My hope is that once they are comfortable that the Scapers are hooked, they'll go back to writing stories that play more on the other seasons and bring our original characters back into the spotlight... at least occasionally. I think (hope) they realize they can't afford to lose all the old-time fans, so once the newbies are on board, they'll return more to the recipe that kept the rest of us with the show for this long.

And do I get points for bountiful optimism today????
        Srix, you definitely deserve points for optimism, thanks for the positive vibes. I try to see it the same way and I am actually looking forward to the 2nd half of Season 9, given the spoilers, spoiler pics, and mostly Amanda's comments.
        However, I am really worried about Season 10, but I guess, we'll just have to wait and see on this one.

Originally posted by minigeek
        Hey-who all is going to GABIT2 so far?? As a "flip", I was thinking of doing up a giant, professional poster-sized version of the (full body) Carter-sketch I did a little while back and getting a whole bunch of SAmandans to sign it with like a one or two line well-wish/accolade for AT, and then givin' it to her at AT2, so she gets all of OUR signatures on something one-of-a-kind for a change. Lame idea?

(and by "sign it" I mean, sign a white piece of paper, scan it in to the computer, and send it to me so I can reproduce it on the poster as-is in everyone's own handwriting)

mini(the pondering)geek
        Mini, what a brilliant idea, I am totally in!!!

Oh, and totally OT, since some of you asked for photos from my Peru trip, I put some of them online here, hope you enjoy!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          Oh, and totally OT, since some of you asked for photos from my Peru trip, I put some of them online here, hope you enjoy!
          Oooohhh...Laama
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

here's a plot bunny for y'all. all this pete talk brought it up....in the elevator jack goes 'speeding again were we????'

so, sam is a speed demon? i wonder if jack's ever had to go bail her out, or just how many tickets she's gotten (can't be too many or she'd get in real trouble)

or....what if jack has first hand experience with her speeding? like maybe he's ridden iwth her

sigpic

Comment

I think that one of the best ideas was probably setting up something on cafepress like the shippers have. That way individuals could manage their own sizing and styles etc. Also, we could then have two or three Samanda designs to choose from. I seem to remember two in particular being very popular.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                here's a plot bunny for y'all. all this pete talk brought it up....in the elevator jack goes 'speeding again were we????'

so, sam is a speed demon? i wonder if jack's ever had to go bail her out, or just how many tickets she's gotten (can't be too many or she'd get in real trouble)

or....what if jack has first hand experience with her speeding? like maybe he's ridden iwth her
                Just to clarify, when you said Jack's riding with her........ you *do* mean in the car, don't you sky?

Comment

As she is a member of the most l33t special ops team on the planet I am sure her tickets disappear
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Just to clarify, when you said Jack's riding with her........ you *do* mean in the car, don't you sky?
                    hehehe, yes, i do mean like in a car or on a bike

sigpic

Comment

Speaking of plot bunnies...I recently laid down the challenge of a fan written 200th episode over on Sam/Jack and I wanted to include SamFans since TPTB don't know what to do with her.
                      A life without ship is no life at all.

Comment

hehehe, yes, i do mean like in a car or on a bike
                        Oh. Ok. Not *quite* the image you put in my mind.

In a car I reckon she's quite sensible. Very responsible. I mean, her cars seem to be to get her from A to B. However, on her bike.... that's another story. They're for fun, and we all know how she likes to push things to the limit.

Comment

I am sooo jealous after seeing those first pictures!!! I have studies the ruins you were at only in textbooks ... I would have spent days just walking through them studying the layouts and construction and imagining what it would have looked like and what life would have been like. Thanks for sharing the great photos!

Comment

Wonderful pics! Thanks for sharing!

My LJ

Comment

Wow. My 0.02 cents (re the "art") is that it be something simple - not so much a book (since that's been done before, too) as something she can hang in her basement on the wall, or the like. I think we've gone way beyond (in terms of complexity) what I originally meant to suggest. Which is fine, totally, I didn't want to replace anything already in progress. I just figured, you know, there could be something something we give her where all the signatures (and small notes) are visible, and it could be something meaningful that isn't dated (the calendar would date itself fairly quickly, and while the idea of it being the same year as GABIT2 and all is neat, we could also just date the piece itself). Something not too crazy busy (or full of pages) either. A simple poster type thing, that can be framed or kept as a keepsake would fit that bill. I think it should stand on its own and be a conversation piece. It's the signatures that matter, and the little notes all in once place.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw the special that aired in the UK on the Sciuence of Stargate with AT but someone at J. Mallozzi's blog said the following:

"Joe, this afternoon I caught the Science of Stargate special on Sky 1. During the special, Amanda Tapping identified Carter as "Chief Scientist and Leader of SG-1". There were many clips from season nine with Mitchell, so it was definitly recent too. It was nice to see your insistence of co-command finally backed up. I hope this puts to rest all of the doubts people had."

This seems interesting indeed, at least it is IMO. Has potential to lead me in the direction of optimism for back half of S9 . . . maybe.

Anyone else see the special?

Comment

Working...
                                X