Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Or we could present it to her at Gabit and offer to mail it to her in Vancouver if it's really big. It couldn't possibly cost that much to mail it and I'd be willing to donate to the postage fund. I'm sure Mini would carry it in a poster container on the trip over or it would be destroyed by the time it got to the con, so then it would only be a matter of putting a label on it and shipping it to Amanda in Vancouver.

We could also post a note on her official website and fan club site and see if anyone there would be interested in adding their names to the poster. The more the merrier I always say, but then again I'm not going to be the one adding all the names to the poster.
    Definitely the more the merrier. It'll be neat to keep everyone's pen colors and handwriting in-tact, so if people want to use a special color pen (on white background), that'll work out well. (But I resere the right not to include the ones that say: "FOR A GOOD TIME, CALL 555-XXXX" LOL (I saw that tantrum, AD!)

Also, the cardboard (heavyduty) mailing roll cases for posters and art (in which I'd have to bring it with me in my luggage initially anyway - or courier it up beforehand) can be checked if necessary. It's not that big really, just poster height. And very light once it's in the roll. I'm not talking a floor-to-ceiling banner or anything. Just a poster-sized roll. The same way you'd bring a piece of art back with you unframed.

But as Forever says - we could also courier it to her (via the folks at GABIT), too.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      (But I resere the right not to include the ones that say: "FOR A GOOD TIME, CALL 555-XXXX" LOL (I saw that tantrum, AD!)
      *hatches plan*
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

You walked right into that one mini...
        Good to see you about, Qas. Are you on break from school?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Yep, university officially starts back on Monday but I dont have any lectures until the end of Jan/Start of Feb

But I have 3 exams principles of business management on the 16th, intro to economics on the 18th and Applied Stats & Maths in Economics & Business on the 26th

So what pic for the poster:

Theres too many choices we might need multiple posters
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Yep, university officially starts back on Monday but I dont have any lectures until the end of Jan/Start of Feb

But I have 3 exams principles of business management on the 16th, intro to economics on the 18th and Applied Stats & Maths in Economics & Business on the 26th

So what pic for the poster:
            Theres too many choices we might need multiple posters

I mentioned I'd thought to use one of my Sam Carter sketches. (Or someone else's would be just as cool)

http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/3...tchmres5wy.jpg

My reasoning is:

a) It's not copyright
            b) I can produce it in high quality that is poster DPI
            c) It's fan-made and represents something 'given' by the fans (or it could?)
            d) It's one of a kind

That was my original intent, at least!

mini

Comment

I mentioned I'd thought to use one of my Sam Carter sketches. (Or someone else's would be just as cool)

My reasoning is:

a) It's not copyright
              d) It's one of a kind

mini
              Excellent idea - how about a collage of some Samandan artwork?
              love Torri

Comment

I totally did.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

So what are you doing here and not studying? Just kidding--professorial mode kicked in for a second. Glad you can hang around here for a while on your break.

Comment

My reasoning is:

a) It's not copyright
                    d) It's one of a kind

mini
                    Good idea. Your sketches are great.

Comment

So what are you doing here and not studying? Just kidding--professorial mode kicked in for a second. Glad you can hang around here for a while on your break.
                      Actually I should be studying

An artistic photoshop would also be cool by that I mean something like this:

http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/1...ilecopy6ca.jpg (156k dial-uppers!!)
                      love Torri

Comment

Yes a photoshop compilation would be beautiful as well. The trouble with that is - in order to reproduce such a compilation, the original artwork used would have to be 300dpi, and fit within a physical frame of at least 24"x36" (or 36"x56") or thereabouts. That means each image (so as not to be blurry or pixelated) would have to be enormous (or the poster would not look good). Most images available on the web are either a) copyright or b) far too small, or c) both. So if we did to a compilation, it would be better if we used original fan artwork (even if we do a compilation of artwork, enhanced in photoshop thereafter) we'd still have to work with a very large canvas in 300DPI for optimal results. To give you an idea, each image (original image in the compilation) would have to be several thousand pixels wide by several thousand pixels high - to start off with).

I'm not a (print) graphic designer, by profession, I work with digital art most often, but I think if there are any GDs here they could probably corroborate that?

mini

Comment

Yes a photoshop compilation would be beautiful as well. The trouble with that is - in order to reproduce such a compilation, the original artwork used would have to be 300dpi, and fit within a physical frame of at least 24"x36" (or 36"x56") or thereabouts. That means each image (so as not to be blurry or pixelated) would have to be enormous (or the poster would not look good). Most images available on the web are either a) copyright or b) far too small, or c) both. So if we did to a compilation, it would be better if we used original fan artwork (even if we do a compilation of artwork, enhanced in photoshop thereafter) we'd still have to work with a very large canvas in 300DPI for optimal results. To give you an idea, each image (original image in the compilation) would have to be several thousand pixels wide by several thousand pixels high - to start off with).

I'm not a (print) graphic designer, by profession, I work with digital art most often, but I think if there are any GDs here they could probably corroborate that?

mini
                          Yeah the quality issue is a big factor - I was thinking of original Samandan artwork

Where are you Uber?
                          love Torri

Comment

Original artwork would be great. Yet again, it'd be a lovely example of AT's fans putting in time, love and effort. Plus it wouldn't be one of those icky things where she might think to herself "Ooh, I hate that pic. Look at my thighs" or whatever. And as much as we all know she has lovely thighs (And everything else for that matter), she is a woman, after all, and, girlies, we all feel like that, don't we.

The sad thing is... referring back to a comment someone made about AT reading this thread and having to "act" surprised... we'll never know whether it's an act or not. Kinda sad really.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Well, I was speaking mostly about people who had never watched SG-1 before this season... is this the first season you've watched?
                              Nope been watching it for years off and on. You'd be surprised at how many Scapers have also watched SG from the beginning. So I don't agree that SciLie/PTB are spending all their time waiting for "scapers to get comfortable". That's all I'll say, since it seems to me that whenever I offere a difference of opinion, some here are under the impression that I'm being defensive and I'm not, I'm just offereing a differing (usually not in agreement with the others offered) opinion. I don't want to start anymore 'negative' debates.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I have about 12 hours of plane and train journeys in the next 2 days , can someone recomend some nice longish fics for me to read ?
                                I'm not choosy but quite like S/J and or Sam humping/angst as long as it has a happy ending .
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X